Poll: Do you want muscle/customisation within a race?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they're against adding sliders, a SWTOR type option would be nice.

If you don't know what that is, you can basically pick - Skinny/Average/Ripped/Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    There's no imaginable reason to be against, this pole is pointless IMO.
    i agree but, alot of people actually argued against free choice of new character models.

I would like this mostly if it allowed me to have a lean athletic male Pandaren, instead of the jiggly fatasses we currently have. I really wanted to roll a male pandaren, but...for the way I like a character to look, they're too fat

I can also understand how some people would like some races to be less muscular too (It is kinda crazy how muscular a male human is when they're a mage tho, heh)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

no need, just make existing models a little less bizarre. Human and Orc males for example, I get that they want them to look strong and in shape but it went too far and they just look malformed.

Also, please give male Nelfs an anus so they don't need to walk as if they desperately needed to poop anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    (It is kinda crazy how muscular a male human is when they're a mage tho, heh)
    The models look like someone at Blizzard is overcompensating. :P

A mage, blinking around and teleporting everywhere... not to mention conjuring his own food... fat!

Deleted
    I'd really like to be able to choose slim-normal-muscular, against more extreme options for all the reasons everyone else has given.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    This is why I only play Female Characters. I HATE the Hulk Hogan Males.

The original BE Males were perfect! They looked like Elves.
    They were, they were awesome, I loved them. I was gutted when they were changed.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Boob sliders plz?
    I'm truly impressed it took until page 2 for this to appear.

Just give me three options to choose from. Thin, average, built. That's not ideal, but it's not going to allow people to create "abominations" using sliders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    i agree but, alot of people actually argued against free choice of new character models.
    A lot of people argue and disagree with good ideas just for the sake of being stupid and disagreeing with them. Usually these posts are replies of just. "No." but offer no meaningful reason why they feel that way.

If you could change weight build and height, pretty much every guy with a male toon would have a 7 foot tall muscle lump, it would be just as varied as it is now , as in none.

Sure, why not. A few options would be nice, but as many have said before me: no sliders.

TBH i'd rather they worked on armor models (i.e. not having plate armor look like a skin-tight shirt, but actual plate armor. Don't know if they've worked on this with the new models?), rather than the body type customization. I prefer my male characters beefy, i tend to choose warrior-type classes for males and caster-type classes for female chars anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    A lot of people argue and disagree with good ideas just for the sake of being stupid and disagreeing with them. Usually these posts are replies of just. "No." but offer no meaningful reason why they feel that way.
    Yep, like with all the pro-forced model update and pro-forced number squish

How about Blizzard just making different classes within each race look different by default, for example, a male human mage will be slimmer and slighter than a human warrior. A female blood elf paladin will have arms that actually look like they can swing a large 2h weapon around, etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but only 2-4 choices per race. None of the slider bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Maybe preset sizes. It'd be ridiculous to have blood elves the size of pandas and nonsense like that.

Deleted
    Even the basic option of thin, average, hulk and fat makes the world of difference. I don't think we'll get it in wow as it is. Fingers crossed for wow 2.

Given the declining sub numbers, I'm wondering if maybe Titan's reset might have something to do with a desire to make a more advanced world of Warcraft - That they might be jettisoning the idea of a new IP in favour of a new Warcraft mmo.

I do get the feeling we're coming to that time where it is needed.

Warcraft is such a powerful IP that it is the one series I think cannot keep going at the low sub numbers other mmos have. Can you imagine wow going down to a million (which is certainly possible within the next 6 years) and continuing? This is a series they'll have to at least make a new RTS for and one that deserves a modernization of it's mmo. I just can't see them sitting on such an old game as popular opinion dwindles. They would want to bring out something fierce and powerful, not sit on an old game with less than 10% of it's highest number of players.

That was my long winded way of saying we'll get more options when they release wow 2 and saying that I believe the Titan reset has more to do with WoW than it does free to play models.
    Last edited by mmoc5ef6914e13; 2013-12-23 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    Yaaa, sure.

I'd love to have a gym and a solarium (and one goblin for plastic surgery) in Ogrimmar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes with conditions.

Give each race a preset choice of 3 height options and 3 body size options.

So if the current human male model is 6' and say 220 of muscle, make the height options: 5'-8", 6', 6'-4". And the weight: 175 and thin, 220 and muscular, and 260 and fat.

Only thing they'd have to do is make the current Tauren height the maximum, so they could only go down in height two notches to prevent excessive doorway obstacles.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by iskla View Post
    I'd really like to be able to choose slim-normal-muscular, against more extreme options for all the reasons everyone else has given.

They were, they were awesome, I loved them. I was gutted when they were changed.

I'm truly impressed it took until page 2 for this to appear.
    Are there images of these older models somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I would like this mostly if it allowed me to have a lean athletic male Pandaren, instead of the jiggly fatasses we currently have. I really wanted to roll a male pandaren, but...for the way I like a character to look, they're too fat

I can also understand how some people would like some races to be less muscular too (It is kinda crazy how muscular a male human is when they're a mage tho, heh)
    when have you seen any member of the Ursa family that was skinny and not about to die?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP