Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't believe people chose PVP servers and knew that one day they would have to fight their own faction or be ganked by them. I believe if you deny this, well you can't see behind your own bias. It's ok to like PVP but to say people expected this from day one of WoW is just blindness.
    and to say people who rolled on a PvP server 7 years ago thought that the game will not change in that time, and that something like this could possibly happen, is just stupid.

the game changes, this is one change that has happened. its only restricted to the TI so its not a massive change either.

i appreciate blizzard making an effort, but let's be honest about it. the vast majority of kills involve plowing clueless people that accidentally flag. they don't even realize what's happening until they're half dead, if then. it's fantastic for trolling, but not much in the way of feeling a sense of accomplishment. the rest of pvp kills come from huge gank squads.

this appeals to a certain kind of player and they readily admit to loving the trolling effect. i just hope blizzard comes up with some more meaningful ways to encourage pvp in WoD content zones.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I agree. I really like the implementation of this item.. however... I have gotten very angry several times to date because of it.

~Spazzer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    and to say people who rolled on a PvP server 7 years ago thought that the game will not change in that time, and that something like this could possibly happen, is just stupid.

the game changes, this is one change that has happened. its only restricted to the TI so its not a massive change either.
    Yes the game changes but do you honestly think people expected something like this? No, I don't believe that for a fact. Sorry but that's just grasping at straws.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Yes the game changes but do you honestly think people expected something like this? No, I don't believe that for a fact. Sorry but that's just grasping at straws.
    a lot of stuff has happened that people wouldn't of expected to happen, some good, some bad.

to say that people who chose a server 7 years ago have some sort of entitlement because blizz decided to make a change they didn't expect, in their own game, is silly.

Deleted
    People only use it because of the rewards that they know they will get in the end by the constant grind. If it's reachable, they will try to get their hands on it, not to mention it prolongs players time logged ingame which at the end of the day, is a win-win situation for Blizzard.

But I believe that the approach taken is wrong since it encourages griefers and annoys most of the affected. It's almost as the whole area converted itself in a huge deathmatch arena with friendly fire mode on.
    Last edited by mmocda37b2a89b; 2013-12-23 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    a lot of stuff has happened that people wouldn't of expected to happen, some good, some bad.

to say that people who chose a server 7 years ago have some sort of entitlement because blizz decided to make a change they didn't expect, in their own game, is silly.
    It doesn't mean people should of expected to fight their own faction members. Sorry I don't buy it and no it's not entitlement.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    It doesn't mean people should of expected to fight their own faction members. Sorry I don't buy it and no it's not entitlement.
    well thats your opinion, and thats fair enough.

Deleted
    I'm kinda sure Blizzard protects against same faction harassment only because technically you can't do anything to them, because well, they are "friendly". The instant someone is hostile it doesn't matter one iota whether is Alliance vs Alliance or Horde vs Horde, you can deal with the problem with your own means, ie, killing them (Pointing it out because: "Players on these realms are encouraged to resolve cross-faction PvP disputes on their own."). Feel free to take the problem to GMs once the whispers start, though.

Take advantage of what you can, endure what you must, but this is what you sign on for when creating a character on a pvp server. Thanks for not trying to ruin it for the players that chose it willingly.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Player vs. Player

Player versus Player (PvP) realms are designed to allow and encourage open combat between players. Players on these realms are encouraged to resolve cross-faction PvP disputes on their own. The Game Master staff will not intervene in cross-faction player disputes on PvP realms. However, physical harassment committed between members of the same faction on a PvP realm is subject to normal harassment policies and investigation.

If you do not wish to engage in regular PvP combat, select a Player versus Environment (PvE) realm. PvE realms offer a limited and structured environment for PvP encounters. Players on PvE realms can actively choose when they wish to engage in PvP combat by enabling or disabling their PvP flag at will.

All other In-Game Policies apply to PvP servers. Actions such as inappropriate names, obscene language, and spamming will be addressed according to our normal procedures.

PvP Realm Policies
    The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

Corpse camping.
    Tricking players into getting flagged for PvP (i.e. jumping in the middle of another player's area effect spell).
    Killing players well below your level.
    Ongoing Harassment
    The Ongoing Harassment policy does not apply to PvP. PvP encounters are considered a facet of normal gameplay and can be resolved through combat or other ingame means. Game Masters may intervene in extreme situations, or if the harassment has transitioned to chat communication.

We want World of Warcraft to be a fun and safe environment for all players. Our aim is to provide a hardcore PvP environment for players who choose to play on PvP realms.
    They had a problem with server imbalance making world pvp disappear. They fixed it. Next time they should a reward for players killing transformed players too, and there, perfect.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-12-23 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Best Censur moment for me: Being on Mal'Ganis Horde AKA the biggest douche PvP server in WoW, people forming a 40-man raid of censurs just for the thrill of ganking, then a counterraid being formed at Huolon and fighting them off because they were all in DPS ganking specs with no heals.
    hey now that was fun....we are not douche we are great

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    People only use it because of the rewards that they know they will get in the end by the constant grind. If it's reachable, they will try to get their hands on it, not to mention it prolongs players time logged ingame which at the end of the day, is a win-win situation for Blizzard.

But I believe that the approach taken is wrong since it encourages griefers and annoys most of the affected. It's almost as the whole area converted itself in a huge deathmatch arena with friendly fire mode on.

I'll have to disagree with that first statement. I have a couple of players on my realm that use it just to make people angry and have outright stated so.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fun of this item.. Is when a better geared PvP without the item, kills the guy with it. I have not had as much rage for such reactions. Loving that people use the item, for then you have a open invitation to take Bounties on people. Was once paid 300g to go kill a guy with it, he was attacking a good amount of players, I went and nuked him, 5 minutes later - rage post.

This item is an okay addition, but think Blizzard should disable /e, /y, /s, /w when within such. For some who use it, are quite abusive and insulting too. It is a good item, but is used to bother others as well. You can use it all you want, but wont hide the fact, others will enjoy kicking you out of it and complete others would enjoy to black list you from raids, RBGs and so on (Not done myself, but seen examples of it)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish it wasn't so finicky about dropping coins (the "no coin drop when your pet/minion gets the last hit" thing is BS.) It'd also be nice if it would drop more than one of the damn things per kill. 500 kills is a lot to skunk for a mount, especially on a PvE server and ESPECIALLY when the coin sometimes just feels like not dropping.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey I signed up for a 99-1 PvP experience but suddenly it's 99-99 wtf Blizz people are killing me an shit this is outrageous."

I'm a PvE wanker but if I were ever going to roll on a PvP realm, I would want to do PvP where there was PvP.

Censer is the dumbest thing added to WoW in a LONG time. They better never do anything like this again. Timeless Isle might of been fun without it, now it's just a craphole.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's relegated to one area, and you aren't forced to go there. Like the Gurubashi arena, or the darkmoon faire arena, or arenas in general.

But that's ultimately irrelevant anyway. It's still PvP, plain and simple. The saying of "if it's red, it's dead" still applies in full. That they're the same faction as you ultimately means nothing. Going to the timeless isle on a PvP server means you have to remember the notion that you might get ganked, just like going anywhere on a PvP server. I really don't see the disconnect.

That some people rolled on a PvP server to "magically find" that they vastly outnumbered the rival faction and never actually had any PvP previously by means of sheer faction balance numbers, something over which Blizzard has no control or direction, and are now incensed that they MIGHT HAVE TO PvP is quite silly.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-03-07 at 09:05 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Timeless Isle might of been fun without it, now it's just a craphole.
    I can't even be bothered to wander around it when I know that there's going to be group of rogues in stealth, waiting for me anyways.

So, only activity I do on Timeless Isle is weekly Celestials and Ordos. After them, it's instant Hearthstone.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I find it odd you think having an entire faction, that are supposed to be your friends/allies, now being able to attack you is something so trivial you consider it hasn't 'really changed much'. That's like a complete design shift in the entire core of the game.
    I think that in general most people, and by most people I mean 100% of people, believe that when you roll on a PvP realm you are subject to combat with other players.

Many people rolled on 50-50 PvP servers which inevitably became 99-1 PvP servers, which is actually a thing we call a "PvE server." They complained, because there was no "world PvP" (fair or otherwise).

Meanwhile, after those servers became 99-1 PvP servers, people rolled on them because it was the trendy thing to do, because all the sexy top 100 guilds roll PvP without actually having to ever do a single second of PvP.

And then suddenly PvP becomes available on these 99-1 PvP servers that have become fake PvE servers.

You really think there is a legitimate audience for your complaints?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's relegated to one area, and you aren't forced to go there. Like the Gurubashi arena, or the darkmoon faire arena, or arenas in general.
    Any new 90 pretty much has to go there if they want to gear up so yes, you are forced. It's one of the reasons why I quit again after trying MoP out for a couple of months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Any new 90 pretty much has to go there if they want to gear up so yes, you are forced. It's one of the reasons why I quit again after trying MoP out for a couple of months.
    If you didn't want to PvP, you shouldn't have rolled on a PvP server.

Instead of being ganked by censer players, you could have been ganked by horde/ally. There's really no difference, save for that censer players can verbally troll you a bit more easily. Which, of course, you can actually report.

That your server breakdown might massively favor one faction and you thought it would be "safe" is not a point to argue from when referring to PvP servers in general, which you have to do.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.