Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Not really. The highest-population PvP servers are VERY full and almost exclusively either all Alliance or all Horde. Smashing them together would have created mass lag, ridiculous queue times, and might have even crashed servers.

And, like I said, there's no difference between one person ganking you versus another. You either fight back or die. Hopefully it's served to remind people what rolling on a PvP server actually entials.
    We're lucky on my realm that it's a very very close ratio between Horde and Alliance, and it's PvP, also, So many good times are had=D

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    10 min debuff means jack. And, I was trying the game out again so I didn't have a geared anything.
    Then get the debuffs get some gear deal with the danger, or better yet since you clearly can't handle it, go to a pve server.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 min debuff means jack.
    It's more preventative than what you get from someone of the opposite faction ganking you, which is nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    And a sadistic pleasure of wielding great power over other weak players.
    Again, PvP is PvP.

Are you forgetting max level players ganking lowbies in starting zones being one of the HALLMARKS of PvP servers? That's just the way it is. Deal with it, or roll on a PvE server. The only difference is that now people have an incentive to actually engage in PvP on a PvP server in a way that doesn't just fall into massive faction imbalances making pseudo-PvE servers and earn an actual reward from it.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-03-07 at 09:53 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Welcome to world PvP it is supposed to be dangerous, not to mention you can put on 4 extremely powerful buffs to make yourself able to survive and even kill the other person. People ask for more danger when questing and when blizzard puts this danger in the Timeless isle everyone cries about it and uses 'but they were mah frands' excuse.
    World PvP <> Farming. Yes, the world is supposed to be dangerous. Having a group of 5 people running around killing you continuously is not PvP.

World PvP <> Farming. Yes, the world is supposed to be dangerous. Having a group of 5 people running around killing you continuously is not PvP.
    You conveniently keep ignoring the buffs I keep mentioning from around the island that help you survive, not to mention run the fuck away? You aren't going to make me believe that you are completely helpless when I do timeless isle just fine on an alt that isn't even 450 yet and yes I have been killed many a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    In WoW, it is. It always has been. This really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's actually played on a PvP server since there was any actual PvP going on.

I'm not sure if the situation you're positing actually even happened to you, or you're just conjecturing up some bad situation.

When you are killed by someone using the censer, you get a 10 minute debuff. If they kill you again while you have that debuff on you, they don't get a bloody coin. On TOP of that, only ONE person that kills you out of this group of five, or what have you, people, can get a bloody coin from you anyway. It doesn't give one to everyone involved in killing you.

If you remove bloody coins from the equation, then it literally becomes a matter of ganking, which they could have been doing to you if they were on the opposite faction irrespective of the censer or not. Ganking, which if you'll recall, is something that can happen on a PvP server.

If it's not for you, then, obviously, PvP in which you might face people trying to kill you in the world apparently isn't for you. In which case, they have PvE servers for just that.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-03-07 at 09:58 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Then get the debuffs get some gear deal with the danger, or better yet since you clearly can't handle it, go to a pve server.
    Again, the answer is to attack the person you are debating with. I had a much better option, I just quit. I have other games to play. I am trying put in some constructive criticism for a flawed mechanic.

Regarding the whole max levels killing lowbies, I'm just surprised as to why Blizzard haven't either devised a scaling system or just a bigass debuff that penalizes the higher level dude for being a fucking douche. PVP server or not, a dishonorable kill should be clamped down on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And of course you could have been farmed by someone of the opposite faction who was "a bajillion ilevels higher than you" on the timeless isle anyway.
    My problem is the farming part. The own faction just makes it worse because people troll other players and there is also less incentive for your faction to get involved because some of the farmers are their friends.

- - - Updated - - -

You conveniently keep ignoring the buffs I keep mentioning from around the island that help you survive, not to mention run the fuck away? You aren't going to make me believe that you are completely helpless when I do timeless isle just fine on an alt that isn't even 450 yet and yes I have been killed many a time.
    I am not ignoring it. I am trying to respond to posts at a furious pace. Again, if you can ignore your attacks for 2 seconds and look at the substance of my argument it might help. For the buffs, they are around, expire when you are killed and not that easy to get. The most I ever had was 2 on me. It doesn't help much when you get 1 or 2 shotted and against more than one you might as well not even bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem is the farming part. The own faction just makes it worse because people troll other players and there is also less incentive for your faction to get involved because some of the farmers are their friends.
    Farming spaced at 10 minute intervals?

And you know what you COULD do... get a censer for yourself (It's 1,000 timeless coins, which you'll have by the end of the first handful of quests,) and then these almighty censer-wielding players can't attack you because you become friendly to them when you use it. You don't have to have a 2.5k arena rating or have downed heroic garrosh to get one.

Also, I find it highly specious that people don't help because "those guys are their friends," they don't help because they don't want to get their asses stomped. Seen it in proper PvP plenty of times.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-03-07 at 10:07 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The main problem with censer is not necessarily the item but the Timeless Island. A place designed mainly for newly dinged chars, still in greens and some blues.. And then you throw high end geared players to farm them.. You want censer-like item? Fine - but make it usable in an area for more or less equally geared characters - like the dino island in ToT patch - that was for very geared and grouped players..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Again, the answer is to attack the person you are debating with. I had a much better option, I just quit. I have other games to play. I am trying put in some constructive criticism for a flawed mechanic.
    No you are simply crying about a mechanic you couldn't deal with but tons of others seem to be just fine with and even enjoy, it isn't you criticizing a 'flawed' mechanic when you suggest it should be alliance which would in essence do the same exact thing only likely more savagely due to faction differences.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is, it is the very definition of PvP, which, let me clear it up as you don't know what it means apparently, Player vs Player, Ok, So if a player fights a player, that is literally, PvP.

And as others have pointed out, there are a ton of buffs on the Isle, and the best out of them, the Shrines, they can give you very, very good buffs, which, you cannot use if using a censor.

World pvp isn't supposed to be fair.

All these people think this is the first island with dailies..

Quel'danas is the most i've ever been ganked. Ever. And i only hung out there for the dailies. I've spent a lot more time after dailies on the Timeless Isle. Hardly any pvp there compared to the past.

People just need to suck it up and form a group to do dailies, and take down gankers. Or shut up and move to a PVE server.

world pvp was never meant to be fair. world pvp is war, and BGS/arena are games....in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    The main problem with censer is not necessarily the item but the Timeless Island. A place designed mainly for newly dinged chars, still in greens and some blues.. And then you throw high end geared players to farm them.. You want censer-like item? Fine - but make it usable in an area for more or less equally geared characters - like the dino island in ToT patch - that was for very geared and grouped players..
    It is purposefully added to this place throwing these two at each other to add an extreme danger for the newly geared players on pvp servers along with the buffs provided on the island the difference is far less than people like to make it out to be if you are 522 you can easily kill a 570 with the buffs, if you are 470s 2-3 can easily kill a 570 with the buffs.

Which buff on the TI lets your 480ilv char survive the opener of high-end geared rogue (on our realm rogues/ferals are vast majority of censer users)?.. My 566ilv tank looses 2/3 of HP before a rogue breaks stealth, unless I trinket (and many alts don't even have pvp trinkets available)..
    My 480 warr was dying before I even saw the rogue unstealth.. >.<'

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention - most censers wont jump on you if you're ready for them.. They will jump on you when you already have mobs (and TI mobs require quite a lot of good movement to not die to their ground attacks)..
    No buff can really help you in most of those situations..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Which buff on the TI lets your 480ilv char survive the opener of high-end geared rogue (on our realm rogues/ferals are vast majority of censer users)?.. My 566ilv tank looses 2/3 of HP before a rogue breaks stealth, unless I trinket (and many alts don't even have pvp trinkets available)..
    My 480 warr was dying before I even saw the rogue unstealth.. >.<'
    Niuzao buff decreases damage taken by 25%, pop a cd and if you aren't capable of killing the person run away. If you are unable to escape that is usually your fault, you won't survive every time but if you aren't a fool you won't die every time either. Celestial courtyard is easy to get away from these censers you stay close by, just like in real life staying with reach of help will let you survive if you venture too far you will have a lower chance of surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    "Hey I signed up for a 99-1 PvP experience but suddenly it's 99-99 wtf Blizz people are killing me an shit this is outrageous."

I'm a PvE wanker but if I were ever going to roll on a PvP realm, I would want to do PvP where there was PvP.
    You think Timeless PvP is balanced? It's always 5v1 or 5v2, and they run away like chickens when losing, like 99% of them.

I just think this is a poor way to make world PvP, a really poor way. "Oh lets make an item where you kill your OWN faction." Doesn't make sense to me in a MMO game like WoW where your faction fights against other faction, not it's own.

I've spent good amount of time on Timeless Isle since release, and never encountered a fair faight, but a few times I've had a good shot vs them when going 1v3 against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    You think Timeless PvP is balanced? It's always 5v1 or 5v2, and they run away like chickens when losing, like 99% of them.

I just think this is a poor way to make world PvP, a really poor way. "Oh lets make an item where you kill your OWN faction." Doesn't make sense to me in a MMO game like WoW where your faction fights against other faction, not it's own.

I've spent good amount of time on Timeless Isle since release, and never encountered a fair faight, but a few times I've had a good shot vs them when going 1v3 against them.
    You think if you changed their models and unable to whisper you it would be different or something?

There is plenty of resistance on the isle if the people are willing to put up any 4 extremely powerful buffs that you can gain and 1 of 4 practically legendary buffs. This isn't a sociopath's item and people that say that are generally those that are getting farmed on the isle because they can't quite handle a little thing called world pvp.
    Timeless Isle is a place you need to be to get your fresh 90 going to get into raiding. And it will have no chance against anything. The players that benefit the most from the buffs you find around the isle is the ubergeared, and the griefers are more sure to have them than the poor alts walking around. Even if you have decent gear, what does that matter when a hunter unloads his barrage of shots on you from behind and you have lost half your life before you know what's going on. "Can't handle world pvp" = "Gets frusterated when aggressive people outgearing you swarm you and kill you just because they can". Even if enough players get so fed up they make some kind of hunting party, overpowering the griefers, they just respawn and that's it. If this was world pvp, they should be pvp flagged for a while longer so that they had to flee for a while or get on top again. They get no penalty.

This shouldn't be a part of the game. Blizzard should prohibit griefing on all levels.

ok, I might accept it if they would suffer a 50%+ reduction in health and damage under the censure effect. If they would be more of an annoyance than a game-braeking experience.
    Mother pus bucket!