Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Just got a new computer

I need WoW set up exactly like it is on my old computer. How do I do this without manually redoing all my interface settings and add-ons?

Thanks ahead of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy to admit I'm a complete noob when it comes to computers but I'd imagine
    you could use a memory stick to move the entire wow folder over to your new pc.
    This is just a guess, mostly a free bump xD. Hope you get the help you need! =)

Copy your WoW folder from the old setup to the new setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Copy everything from the WTF\[Account Name Here] folder, whatever that account name would be.

That'd transfer over bindings and positions and spells and everything. First, of course, install those addons!

Alternatively you could put your WoW on a 64GB USB memory stick and then you can bring it with you wherever you go. Even to work. <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Copy everything from the WTF\[Account Name Here] folder, whatever that account name would be.

That'd transfer over bindings and positions and spells and everything. First, of course, install those addons!

I use the Curse client. Can I just install that on my new computer and sign in and it'll automatically install the add-ons?

No reason to if you just copy over the entire folder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyina View Post
    I use the Curse client. Can I just install that on my new computer and sign in and it'll automatically install the add-ons?
    Not unless you're using Premium.

Only if you've shelled out money for a premium account.

Dars stop posting at the exact same damn time as me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    No reason to if you just copy over the entire folder.
    Which entire folder?

- - - Updated - - -

Not unless you're using Premium.
    Oh, damn. I know it's spamming to just say something to make more than 10 characters but I seriously have nothing more than "Oh, damn" to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which entire folder?
    The WTF folder.

Usually C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\[account name]. For instance, mine is F:\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\56886379#1. I'd copy the 56886379#1 folder

Only if you've shelled out money for a premium account.

Dars stop posting at the exact same damn time as me.
    Make me!

Which entire folder?

Interface and WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Simply copy over your WTF and interface folders and your good to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Interface and WTF
    I suggest re-installing them from Curse just in case there are newer versions out

Which entire folder?
    You can copy the entire WoW folder, usually located at C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft, and all the subfolders over. Nothing is wrote to the registry with a WoW install, the only thing you'll have to do is make a shortcut on your desktop if you want one there. IF you already have installed WoW then do as others have suggested and copy over just the WTF and Interface folders.

The WTF folder.

Usually C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\[account name]. For instance, mine is F:\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\56886379#1. I'd copy the 56886379#1 folder

Make me!
    Sorry for being derp, but if I copy the WTF folder, I won't have to manually install the addons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for being derp, but if I copy the WTF folder, I won't have to manually install the addons?
    Yeah you would - like I said earlier - mainly so that you have the latest versions at all times. Installing takes no time at all; I just got a new work laptop and it took maybe 2 minutes to get all of my addons installed. Copied the folder over and I was good to go.

I guess I also need to ask how exactly to install the actual game on my new computer. I just sign in, and it'll know I already payed for the game, right? And it'll let me install it no problem?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah you would - like I said earlier - mainly so that you have the latest versions at all times. Installing takes no time at all; I just got a new work laptop and it took maybe 2 minutes to get all of my addons installed. Copied the folder over and I was good to go.
    But if I install them manually, will I have to redo all the settings, or will those be preserved in WTF? My raid frames for example took like a whole day to set up. It'll all be there once I install the addons?

But if I install them manually, will I have to redo all the settings, or will those be preserved in WTF? My raid frames for example took like a whole day to set up. It'll all be there once I install the addons?
    Those are preserved in the WTF folder.

Those are preserved in the WTF folder.
    Perfect. Again, thanks for being so helpful and non condescending since I'm being kind of daft.