Thread: building PC

building PC

Hello all, this is my actual PC and i really want to upgrade it or maybe buy a

full new one:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
    CPU TYPE:
    Intel® Core™ i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz
    CPU SPEED:
    2.95 GHz
    SYSTEM MEMORY:
    4.15 GB
    VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
    VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
    2.87 GB
    VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
    aticfx32.dll

What im looking for its like, playing games like WOW, SC2, Dota2, with no lag

problems at maximum quality and with stuff like music, facebook etc. im looking

at the last setup of the month but idk if i should buy this exactly or maybe i

can change something to make it cheaper. also idk if i can freely change like

the gpu for another nvidia or amd; what should i ask to know whats compatible

with what. where should i look to know if some gpu its better than other one

CPU Intel i5-4670K - $222
    Heatsink Thermaltake Frio - $62
    Motherboard ASUS Z87-A - $140
    Memory 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 - $85
    Graphics Card ASUS GTX 760 - $250
    Hard Drive Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black - $89
    SSD SAMSUNG 840 128GB (Review) - $120 OR Plextor 128 GB M5 Pro (Review) -

$119

another question, i never used a heatsink, i know that its for overclocking (?)

and i know what overclocking is, but i though it was like something hard to do

or risky. so now everyone do it?

thank you very much and sorry for bad english

10+ Year Old Account
    A moderate overclock is the easiest thing In the world to do.
    Extreme overclocking requires tweaking with many settings in the BIOS, which isn't risky depending on how much voltage you put through the CPU.

When increasing the speed of the CPU you'll need to increase the voltage to feed your hungry CPU.
    It'll be easier to explain once you buy the system and access the BIOS which can be done by turning on your PC and clicking "Delete" when the ASUS logo shows up, you'll see a menu in which you can do a ton of other tweaking other than overclocking.

So, overclocking is only risky if you're absolutly clueless and increase the voltage above a safe number.

As for your build, a caviar blue 1TB HDD & Samsung 840 250GB Evo will cost the same as the above and provides the same performance but more SSD space.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

thank you very much. so, about the build, is it ok? maybe lil much for what im looking for?

Deleted
    Deleted. Misread.

PC is fine for these games. You can even save some money on the gfx card if you mostly play wow and dota (660 gtx)

- - - Updated - - -

Also protip: wait till after Xmas.
    Last edited by mmoc1c0b124cfa; 2013-12-22 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    Get a r9 280x if you can find one instead of the GTX 760.

The 280x is faster than the GTX 770 in most games and costs much less. If theres any left due to litecoin mining that is.