Page 1 of 111
1
2
3
11
51
101
... LastLast
  1. #1

    When WoD launches with no flying and nothing changes, will you admit being wrong?

    Just putting the question out there.

    When WoD comes out with flying restricted until 6.1 and a tight-knit server community DOESN'T spontaneously form, when nobody talks, when nobody really gives a shit, when it's still just a bunch of people collecting bear asses in silence or else idling at the bank waiting for queues to pop, will you admit that you were wrong?

    Will you admit that restricting flying didn't really accomplish a damned thing?

  2. #2
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,695
    Nope, because I still won't care.

    I'm not going to end up for or against it, because in the end I'll spend most of my time on a ground mount anyway.
    Sometimes I think I should have rolled a Priest....


  3. #3
    It won't happen, but I tell you what, no flying makes for a healthier game.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeTwelve View Post
    Just putting the question out there.

    When WoD comes out with flying restricted until 6.1 and a tight-knit server community DOESN'T spontaneously form, when nobody talks, when nobody really gives a shit, when it's still just a bunch of people collecting bear asses in silence or else idling at the bank waiting for queues to pop, will you admit that you were wrong?

    Will you admit that restricting flying didn't really accomplish a damned thing?
    outside guild raids thats what ive been doing for years and i cant imagine its gonna change with or without flying

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeTwelve View Post
    Just putting the question out there.

    When WoD comes out with flying restricted until 6.1 and a tight-knit server community DOESN'T spontaneously form, when nobody talks, when nobody really gives a shit, when it's still just a bunch of people collecting bear asses in silence or else idling at the bank waiting for queues to pop, will you admit that you were wrong?

    Will you admit that restricting flying didn't really accomplish a damned thing?
    I can't really say "respectfully", but... I really wouldn't feel like forming a tight-knit community if people have your point of view.

  6. #6
    I hope they never add flying into the WoD areas.

    Flying was the worst thing ever added into the game.

  7. #7
    Hey guys for 6.0 we are going to have to control the way you interact with the game to give you a better gaming experience. 2 months later of course we don't care how you interact with your environment so you can have flying back. I know, I know it sounds like an arbitrary punishment for buying and playing the game at launch but the reason we are doing this is to arbitrarily punish you for buying and playing the game at launch even though EQII and wildstar will be out at the same time.

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Memory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,069
    Doesn't occur to me that they're restricting flying in order to tighten communities, to begin with. The blue poster touched various aspects of game design which weren't mainly - if at all - concerned with the social aspect of the game.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Hey guys for 6.0 we are going to have to control the way you interact with the game to give you a better gaming experience. 2 months later of course we don't care how you interact with your environment so you can have flying back. I know, I know it sounds like an arbitrary punishment for buying and playing the game at launch but the reason we are doing this is to arbitrarily punish you for buying and playing the game at launch even though EQII and wildstar will be out at the same time.
    awww, life is tough for you.
    <Midwinter>
    Armory

    Focusing your rage spending inside Colossus Smash windows, without wasting rage, is very much an intended gameplay element. Celestalon

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk Archimand's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gensokyo
    Posts
    1,967
    Quote Originally Posted by KOREAN DAVE View Post
    It won't happen, but I tell you what, no flying makes for a healthier game.
    please summon me i dont have flight path
    please summon me im to lazy to walk
    please summon me
    123
    321
    summon
    random dude with common sense: warlocks arent here yet
    please summon
    another dude with even more common sense:we dont have any warlocks
    group disband


    ......

    healthy game ... ye right
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."
    Archimand - On Demand Breeding List Link
    FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    Doesn't occur to me that they're restricting flying in order to tighten communities, to begin with. The blue poster touched various aspects of game design which weren't mainly - if at all - concerned with the social aspect of the game.
    And yet those important game design aspects do not mean anything at all 2 months later in 6.1 for absolutely no reason what so ever.

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire Deztru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeTwelve View Post
    Just putting the question out there.

    When WoD comes out with flying restricted until 6.1 and a tight-knit server community DOESN'T spontaneously form, when nobody talks, when nobody really gives a shit, when it's still just a bunch of people collecting bear asses in silence or else idling at the bank waiting for queues to pop, will you admit that you were wrong?

    Will you admit that restricting flying didn't really accomplish a damned thing?
    Vanilla didn't have flying at all
    Tbc didn't have flying in the beginning
    WotLK didn't have flying until 77
    Cataclysm HAD flying in the beginning and it sucked ballz
    Pandaria didn't have flying until 90

    ----

    Yet they all were succesful, aren't you being a little hypocritical?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    Doesn't occur to me that they're restricting flying in order to tighten communities, to begin with. The blue poster touched various aspects of game design which weren't mainly - if at all - concerned with the social aspect of the game.
    I believe this is more in response to all the ridiculous 'destroys the community' and 'ruins my immersion' (boy I am really starting to hate that word) posts that the anti flying crowd have been throwing around.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Hey guys for 6.0 we are going to have to control the way you interact with the game to give you a better gaming experience. 2 months later of course we don't care how you interact with your environment so you can have flying back. I know, I know it sounds like an arbitrary punishment for buying and playing the game at launch but the reason we are doing this is to arbitrarily punish you for buying and playing the game at launch even though EQII and wildstar will be out at the same time.
    Hey guys for 6.0 I'm gonna shitpost and whine on the forums because my video game is requiring some effort out of me. I cringe at the thought of dedicating time to a video game and any idea of world building and immersion are lost on me, I only understand purple.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    awww, life is tough for you.
    If you have nothing to add to the conversation don't bother to respond. It's not going to be hard for me at all as my options are to queue up for stuff I want to do in a city or go play another game for two months because I sure as hell am not going to play along with the grounding. It all counts on what other games are out at that time and how good they actually are.

  16. #16
    if they are going to put flying back into the game 2 months later it is pointless to take it out in the first place.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruktio View Post
    Vanilla didn't have flying at all
    Tbc didn't have flying in the beginning
    WotLK didn't have flying until 77
    Cataclysm HAD flying in the beginning and it sucked ballz
    Pandaria didn't have flying until 90

    ----

    Yet they all were succesful, aren't you being a little hypocritical?
    And yet the supposed communities still failed to form in even those expansions. So surely banning flying will force them to in WoD.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by KOREAN DAVE View Post
    Hey guys for 6.0 I'm gonna shitpost and whine on the forums because my video game is requiring some effort out of me. I cringe at the thought of dedicating time to a video game and any idea of world building and immersion are lost on me, I only understand purple.
    There is a difference between effort and doing a stupid mindless activity called ground mounting just for the sake of creating fake content. If you dont like it go back to EQ with all the other old people.

  19. #19
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by KOREAN DAVE View Post
    It won't happen, but I tell you what, no flying makes for a healthier game.
    Right, like how swtor is healthier than WoW, as evidenced by the overwhelming number of subscri... oh wait swtor failed and had to go ftp

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by KOREAN DAVE View Post
    Hey guys for 6.0 I'm gonna shitpost and whine on the forums because my video game is requiring some effort out of me. I cringe at the thought of dedicating time to a video game and any idea of world building and immersion are lost on me, I only understand purple.
    Because sitting on a flight path mount for a 20 minute journey across the continent to do some crap quest while I wait for my lfd que to pop is the definition of immersion and world building.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •