View Poll Results: Do you think the rewards you get satisfy/justif the effort put in to acquiering them?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I love my vanity items!

    123 70.29%
  • No, vanity items doesn't satisfy my needs!

    52 29.71%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by suitepee7 View Post
    but then what would be the point of an expansion, if you just keep everything you already have, then there would be no point in raiding frequently because there's no gear to get. essentially, you're advocating killing the game... good call
    Actually read the post before replying next time, will you? :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    You want a different game.

    The heroic raid is the ultimate content for any given patch. If you finish it and fill out your best in slot, you're done. If your whole guild is best in slot, you're best off dropping your sub until new content arrives. Play some other games. There's no need for anything else unless you desperately need the 0.5% to be continually subbed.

    There is such a thing as too much.
    Read the OP again, try to understand the text, and reply a relevant answer next time, ty!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I thought the entire idea of an MMO was that it's a really big multiplayer game and you can do big cool things with all your friends.

    How do you play an MMO without clawing for the Next Best Piece of Gear? I dunno, maybe you sandbox it up, or you use it as a social platform, or you have fun playing PvP or PvE content. When did MMOs suddenly = GRIND DEM GEARS?



    I dunno maybe an expansion should like. Expand on the game. Other games don't need power progression to expand their gameplay, and MMOs are no exception.
    Man has some good points here.

  2. #62
    I liked getting stuff when it was only available at the time!

    the Immortal title!? Yup! the titles from TBC attunements! OF COURSE! I wish they had more flashy things though, that show off "I didnt go back when I could solo it and get it then" They are doing that with the korkron wolf for heroic mode and stuff achieves, but like a tabard or something.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I dunno maybe an expansion should like. Expand on the game. Other games don't need power progression to expand their gameplay, and MMOs are no exception.
    Then why do we have levels ? Wouldn't it make sense for all concerned to simply remove the levels now, and allow new players to access all the content immediately with their friends ?

    Personally, I thought Rift really had something when they introduced Planar Attunement. The benefits were minor enough to not make or break a raidgroup, but they WERE tangible and offered a path to character improvement somewhat separated from levels.

  4. #64
    Pandaren Monk Doorsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The flaws in your argument
    Posts
    1,865
    You have literally dismissed every valid concern regarding your thread and your posts there in.

    Whenever someone brings up a point where there is a flaw of logic - you do not explain nor back up your opinions, you simply say "please read the thread again".
    But that's the thing. There is nothing more to understand.

    You made a thread with a literal title - Then made the subject something else - Then on top of that, discredit any own input as non-relevant when you clearly imply that there needs to be more of a progression sense.

    What i think YOU miss, however - is that this is an MMO that has it's rewards based on revamps (expansions) and set structures. It's not built to give you power rewards for things that are anything but vanity outside of the raid structures/PvP structures etc.. And the green fire quest - is just that, Vanity. In a very much more so fleshed out and costly fashion - but it's still Vanity.

    Other examples of this would be 25 man LK HC when it was actually relevant - so you got Arthas horse or Jaina's locket.

    Beyond that - you cannot tie a optional reward into power - as power can be measured, i.e making the player being forced to go that route of power. Just as Tetriary stats worked out in Diablo 3. Stats are never equal - to have them inheretly equal would require that they are homogenized to being exactly the same.

    All in all - your premiss is flawed, your concerns not answered as you cannot bring to thought of anything yourself - And no, i will not read the thread again nor revisit my post as "non constructive". Because if you don't agree with it - doesn't make it "unconstructive".
    Last edited by Doorsfan; 2013-12-23 at 02:45 PM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Yygers View Post
    This is just my opinion...

    Edit: I think many voters vote YES on the poll because they have poured so much money in to their mounts & other vanity items. The poll was meant to be targeted at rewards you get in game, not things you buy with real money, sry for not clarifying that in the poll!
    No, people voted yes because they understand that everything besides the vanity items are just fleeting pieces of gear... a means to clear content and nothing more. You may spend months gearing up and finishing your tier but it will be replaced. Chances are the vanity items will get much more use over the life of the game... including cool pets, mounts, and transmog gear. I feel this is why people have stopped reforging, gemming, and enchanting their gear. They know it will be replaced... but that mount... you only need to get it once and it's yours forever!

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    You have literally dismissed every valid concern regarding your thread and your posts there in.

    Whenever someone brings up a point where there is a flaw of logic - you do not explain nor back up your opinions, you simply say "please read the thread again".
    But that's the thing. There is nothing more to understand.

    You made a thread with a literal title - Then made the subject something else - Then on top of that, discredit any own input as non-relevant when you clearly imply that there needs to be more of a progression sense.

    What i think YOU miss, however - is that this is an MMO that has it's rewards based on revamps (expansions) and set structures. It's not built to give you power rewards for things that are anything but vanity outside of the raid structures/PvP structures etc.. And the green fire quest - is just that, Vanity. In a very much more so fleshed out and costly fashion - but it's still Vanity.

    Other examples of this would be 25 man LK HC when it was actually relevant - so you got Arthas horse or Jaina's locket.

    Beyond that - you cannot tie a optional reward into power - as power can be measured, i.e making the player being forced to go that route of power. Just as Tetriary stats worked out in Diablo 3. Stats are never equal - to have them inheretly equal would require that they are homogenized to being exactly the same.

    All in all - your premiss is flawed, your concerns not answered as you cannot bring to thought of anything yourself - And no, i will not read the thread again nor revisit my post as "non constructive". Because if you don't agree with it - doesn't make it "unconstructive".
    This entire thread has been regarding advancement that is neither retaining power from previous encounters, nor purely vanity items. When someone talks about one or the other, typically retention of power, he tells them to go back and re-read the thread.

    This is a current list of non-vanity non-power permanent character progression items. I'm sure there are some I'm missing.

    -vendor mounts
    -teleportation items (black portal neck, dalaran ring, engineer items)
    -bank access pets
    -instant daily (blingtron)
    blah, new sig... something something

  7. #67
    Scarab Lord Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    4,489
    Progression now is insane item level inflation and takes way to long to catch up.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week we discuss Bill Cosby

  8. #68
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Yygers View Post
    This is just my opinion, but i think it is sad that a game like WoW offers almost no progression after you completed main quests, raids, professions, (you get the point), in other words the state MoP is in now.
    The only real thing we can keep as a PERMANENT REWARD are the VANITY ITEMS, except a few, (pets, mounts, items, SoO Looms, transmog), meaby gold for some, and this makes me a bit sad that a huge game like WoW has nothing more to offer, and for many these "things" are useless!.

    Players put so much effort & grind in acquiring the current "top" items, witch renders almost useless after the current patch/expansion has passed.
    Come on Blizz, VANITY ITEMS, srsly?

    Edit: I think many voters vote YES on the poll because they have poured so much money in to their mounts & other vanity items. The poll was meant to be targeted at rewards you get in game, not things you buy with real money, sry for not clarifying that in the poll!
    just the simple fact that I did, and by my own effort, and someone else did not is enough reward.





    There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    You have literally dismissed every valid concern regarding your thread and your posts there in.

    Whenever someone brings up a point where there is a flaw of logic - you do not explain nor back up your opinions, you simply say "please read the thread again".
    But that's the thing. There is nothing more to understand.

    You made a thread with a literal title - Then made the subject something else - Then on top of that, discredit any own input as non-relevant when you clearly imply that there needs to be more of a progression sense.

    What i think YOU miss, however - is that this is an MMO that has it's rewards based on revamps (expansions) and set structures. It's not built to give you power rewards for things that are anything but vanity outside of the raid structures/PvP structures etc.. And the green fire quest - is just that, Vanity. In a very much more so fleshed out and costly fashion - but it's still Vanity.

    Other examples of this would be 25 man LK HC when it was actually relevant - so you got Arthas horse or Jaina's locket.

    Beyond that - you cannot tie a optional reward into power - as power can be measured, i.e making the player being forced to go that route of power. Just as Tetriary stats worked out in Diablo 3. Stats are never equal - to have them inheretly equal would require that they are homogenized to being exactly the same.

    All in all - your premiss is flawed, your concerns not answered as you cannot bring to thought of anything yourself - And no, i will not read the thread again nor revisit my post as "non constructive". Because if you don't agree with it - doesn't make it "unconstructive".
    This half negative post of yours is a good example of why i think its not worth answering stupid and irrelevant opinions/questions.

    Let me give you an example: the first post made by "SUITEPEE7" argues that I want to kill the game? How is this a valid constructive post like you say?

    Also your opinion about what I think about stupid irrelevant posts arnt on thread topic ether = not worth answering imo or even thinking about.

    You say I discredit everything I say, which again is your irrelevant opinion that you mistake for facts.

    Plz stop with the negative nonsense and try to stay on topic without imagining to many pink elephants In to your story, and you make us all a favour.

    These are some of the reasons why I say to read the OP and stick to topic because some people apparently see to many pink elephants.

    Pro tip: Learn to read before you try posting something constructive.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    This entire thread has been regarding advancement that is neither retaining power from previous encounters, nor purely vanity items. When someone talks about one or the other, typically retention of power, he tells them to go back and re-read the thread.

    This is a current list of non-vanity non-power permanent character progression items. I'm sure there are some I'm missing.

    -vendor mounts
    -teleportation items (black portal neck, dalaran ring, engineer items)
    -bank access pets
    -instant daily (blingtron)
    Altough I underlined and made the importaint words in the OP bold, people fail hard at understandig that the topic of the thread is if you are satisfied with almost only getting vanity items as rewards in the game?

    Meaby people are handicapped? /srug
    Last edited by Yygers; 2013-12-23 at 08:55 PM.

  10. #70
    Brewmaster ACES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,364
    There are two reasons I play wow: Mounts and Titles. Whether I have to raid or PvP to get them, they are always my end goal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •