Transferring from Horde to alliance. Min-maxing racials?

I will probably end up going with the most visually appealing option to me, but in terms of pve based rogue-ery, what is the best race? For pvp i assume its human?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scapp View Post
    I will probably end up going with the most visually appealing option to me, but in terms of pve based rogue-ery, what is the best race? For pvp i assume its human?
    PvP it is definitely human, yes. PvE-wise? Pandaren.

Yep, PvP would be human, and I'd have to agree on Pandaren, the extra stats from food are pretty great

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Deleted
    Actually in decent gear the raw dps difference between pandaren and worgen gets really smal (according to shadowcraft it's 70 dps in my ~576 gear as combat)l. On some encounters worgen extra mobility may give better survivability/dps.

PvP = Human

PvE = Worgen

Quote Originally Posted by Aylie View Post
    Actually in decent gear the raw dps difference between pandaren and worgen gets really smal (according to shadowcraft it's 70 dps in my ~576 gear as combat)l. On some encounters worgen extra mobility may give better survivability/dps.
    I'd forgotten about the extra crit and such besides the speed boost for worgens, I now change my opinion to Worgen > Pandaren (But pandas look cooler ;] )

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Deleted
    for pvp I'd go with dwarf, imo stoneskin is way better than an extra dps trinket. For pve, the bonus stats from food are without a doubt the best perk you can get

Worgen is just as good as Pandaren dps-wise. With the extra sprint (which stacks multiplicitively with almost everything), I'd say Worgen is the clear winner.

Deleted
    Panda is best race on alli.
    Last edited by mmoc9cb242d19c; 2013-12-22 at 03:30 PM.

And for pvp, it would never be Nightelf? Even with the extra vanish / extra dodge?

Deleted
    Go with Panda, since the difference is slim to none at 520+ ilvl, but the Pandaren are without a doubt better if you do CMs.

EDIT For PvE ofc..

Panda has awesome animations/model. Also the racial is pretty good - it's at least on par with Worgen.

Anyway, for both visuals and minmaxing, i'd wait for WoD release; apart the new announced models, with the removal of hit/exp a lot of alliance racial passives will be redone so there could be a new best race.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by MPA View Post
    for pvp I'd go with dwarf, imo stoneskin is way better than an extra dps trinket. For pve, the bonus stats from food are without a doubt the best perk you can get
    I'm a PVP noob, but wouldn't one of the battlemaster trinkets be better suited to using over the chance on hit dps trinket as a human? Seems from my limited experience that anything you can control in pvp > chance. In any case, there needs to be more dwarf rogues!

Also, don't discount the gnome racial. Escape artist is far more useful than many people give it credit for and is on a comparably short CD.

On-hit trinkets are nearly guaranteed to proc on the opener for rogues.

Shadowcraft isn't counting shadowmeld + ambush again for some reason, even though the extra find weakness phases matter. For pve sub, night elf is best. For pve combat or mutilate, pandaren is best, with worgen very close (and has the extra sprint).

For PvP, human is the best, though it's a distance away from undead- however, in pvp, the races actually offer meaningful choices, so for instance, you could like the gnome racial best, or the stoneform, and choose those.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    For pve combat or mutilate, pandaren is best, with worgen very close (and has the extra sprint).
    I wouldn't say Pandaren is ahead at all. In my gear, as Combat, Pandaren is ahead 70 dps (0.02% difference). For my guildie, as Assassination, Worgen is ahead by 90 dps.

Then add in that Worgen has an extra sprint, and on the off chance you die you lose the Pandaren bonus, and Worgen is clearly a little better.

I would definitely agree with Sub and Night Elf, though.

Deleted
    Worgen because they look cool! and 1% crit