Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Survival of the Lich King Raider

So I went to do my weekly run for shards today, and this happened:

http://i.imgur.com/4LRGwPk.jpg

Never seen that happen, but probably has to someone else. Seen a similar case on Shade of Aran back in BC, where he polymorphs everyone and I wasn't morphed. Anyone ever tried this and managed to kill the LK before he rezzed the raid? I barely got him today.

Deleted
    Using dmg reductions when he casts his Fury its easy enough to survive now for many classes. It's a 1M hit before reductions.
    We 2man him every week with shammy and warlock and we both survive nps.

He stays at 1hp till his Roleplay is over. He dies before the ress actually happens though, so people that DID die don't get ressed anymore

Ah, fair if it's a certain amount of damage and how unfortunate for the departed to not get their ress :P

Yeah, I solo him on my Blood DK...
    1,000,000+ HP
    I just let it hit me and beat him down to 1 hp lol

Happened everytime I was soloing him on my prot warrior in dps gear, back in t15. Just pop a defensive and you survive it. You cannot die past that point, just proceed to dps him to 1hp, then collect loot after rp is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Happened everytime I was soloing him on my prot warrior in dps gear, back in t15. Just pop a defensive and you survive it. You cannot die past that point, just proceed to dps him to 1hp, then collect loot after rp is done.
    How about if you jump off the edge?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

If you used enough cooldowns, you could survive it when it was current content on tanks.

I do it on my brewmaster each week. With Fortifying Brew, Diffuse Magic, and Zen Meditation all up, it hits for a mere 5500 or so.

Deleted
    Really is this really a thing nowadays? Bragging you kill LK solo? :/

Yeah, its extremely easy, just need to pop a defensive and take less damage then he does. I do it all the time as a WW monk.
    Though you cant actually kill him, HP just goes to 1 until RP is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I used to farm Invincible as Blood I always used to survive that. Just pop CD's and enjoy :P

Deleted
    You can also survive as spriest using dispersion

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    Really is this really a thing nowadays? Bragging you kill LK solo? :/
    If you actually looked for the picture for more than 2 seconds you'd see that he somehow bugged the encounter and is alive when LK is supposed to have killed everyone.

He seems to be quite an unstable boss when you solo him, when me and my brother killed him he dropped no loot and there played no cinematic. It was pretty anti-climatic.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    If you actually looked for the picture for more than 2 seconds you'd see that he somehow bugged the encounter and is alive when LK is supposed to have killed everyone.
    On that poster's defense - that is neither a bug nor rare. People was able to survive even when it was relevant content, so it isn't really something surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury of Frostmourne isn't an instakill ability; it just deals 1000000 damage.
    As a hunter with 750k hp inside ICC, i can easily survive it through Stoneform + Deterrence. Some classes were able to even survive it while it was current content.

He seems to be quite an unstable boss when you solo him, when me and my brother killed him he dropped no loot and there played no cinematic. It was pretty anti-climatic.
    Yes that's a thing that commonly happens when you kill him too fast. In fact it happens with many other bosses throughout the game, mainly those that have their loot drop from chests. Things don't get triggered properly.

For LK it's especially dangerous to kill him before the RP event ended properly (as you can read it's quite easy for many classes to actually survive the 1m "killing blow" and then kill him during the event), you're better off waiting if you want your loot. There's also other things that can bug during that encounter, like breaking or restoring the icy borders of the area in the wrong phases or val'kyr appearing at virtually any point past the first transition phase, even if they shouldn't show up anymore.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2013-12-22 at 12:17 PM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    So I went to do my weekly run for shards today, and this happened:

http://i.imgur.com/4LRGwPk.jpg

Never seen that happen, but probably has to someone else. Seen a similar case on Shade of Aran back in BC, where he polymorphs everyone and I wasn't morphed. Anyone ever tried this and managed to kill the LK before he rezzed the raid? I barely got him today.
    Every single time I kill lich king I survive Fury of Frostmourne, I thought it was pretty common knowledge that you could do so with cooldowns.

If you keep killing him it'll drop his health to 1 and then it'll hang there until he's finished with his RP, then you can finally kill him, but he does become killable shortly before the entire raid is resurrected so it is possible to piss off your raid by killing him before they get up.

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't bug anything. He survived the easily survivable damage that lich king does when he attempts to kill everyone. It's a finite amount of damage and can easily be mitigated at 90 on virtually any class. It's not like Yogg's "extinguish all life" or some shit, it's just a large, flat amount of damage.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    How many weeks did you run without noticing? Me and my friend almost never died here hehe. Also, I once killed him before all the RP talk was over, he was on 0.1% for a long time and I thought he's un-killable, BUT all of a sudden he died and I thought I bugged him and we won't get loot, but in the end we did, so all is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yah I managed to survive it a while back.. non heroic hit for 750k so eh..

sometimes I feel the majority of wow players don't visit any website or talk to other people. how can people still not know you can survive through fury of frostmourne?????