Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    @Every:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwick View Post
    Complete and utter rubbish, tanks had health pools in the tens of thousands in WotLK there is no CD, or even every CD chained together that could let you survive a 1 million hit.
    I'm very sure our DK tank survived it fine during our farm with Pain Sup + AMZ + whatever thing I can't remember.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2013-12-22 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Wait... how have you not noticed that thing not one shotting... AS A TANK?

Tanks could have 100k HP in ICC during the later stages of the debuff, so I doubt it was impossible to survive.
    tanks had closer to 100k health after the pre cata patch (afaik i had arounf 45k in wotlk and 88k during pre cata patch as a bear) that's still 900k to mitigate, it didnt happen.

tanks had closer to 100k health after the pre cata patch (afaik i had arounf 45k in wotlk and 88k during pre cata patch as a bear) that's still 900k to mitigate, it didnt happen.
    I had to dig through my old SS for this, but it happened (during farm, obviously)

http://i.imgur.com/PxN5OmO.jpg

Looking at that damage taken (see that chat window), I'd guess it was Sindragosa trinket + AMZ + IBF + Pain Suppression + Aura Mastery + Blood Shield.

Sindragosa + AM probably increased his resistance enough to resist 50% (hence the 500k resisted). So we have 500k left for damage reduction CDs - 500,000 * 0.25 (AMZ -75%) * 0.8 (IBF -20%) * 0.6 (PS -40%) = 60k. In the SS he took ~48.8k (36.7k + 12.1k absorb) which is ~80% of 60k, so it's another 20% damage reduction from somewhere else I haven't been able to figure out yet (Bone Shield? Blood Pres.?). But TL;DR: it was possible.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2013-12-23 at 08:02 AM.

The loot bug happens if you let Tirion get the killing blow. It's usually safer to just not DPS if you live through the 1-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    If you actually looked for the picture for more than 2 seconds you'd see that he somehow bugged the encounter and is alive when LK is supposed to have killed everyone.

He seems to be quite an unstable boss when you solo him, when me and my brother killed him he dropped no loot and there played no cinematic. It was pretty anti-climatic.
    If you bring LK down to 1 hp you run the risk of Tirion stealing the kill since his first auto-attack occurs when Lich King can die. Just get him down to 300k or so then stop attacking.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    sometimes I feel the majority of wow players don't visit any website or talk to other people. how can people still not know you can survive through fury of frostmourne?????
    It really wouldn't surprise me if the majority of WoW players don't visit forums or websites about WoW. Let alone run older content and know to mitigate that ability at that exact time and survive it. I've killed LK many times and never knew that you could do that, I had no reason to even try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If you bring LK down to 1 hp you run the risk of Tirion stealing the kill since his first auto-attack occurs when Lich King can die. Just get him down to 300k or so then stop attacking.
    You can kill LK before Tirion begins auto-attacking, that works too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolaan View Post
    If you used enough cooldowns, you could survive it when it was current content on tanks.
    IIRC a dispersed pain suppressed priest could survive it back at 80.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I'd be more thrilled if someone could show me how to solo lootship.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Swap to 10 man normal (can't be soloed on anything else). Go into cannons, kill adds on your ship ASAP and kill their mage when it spawns. It's actually easier than you should think.

Quote Originally Posted by Alskonda View Post
    Swap to 10 man normal (can't be soloed on anything else). Go into cannons, kill adds on your ship ASAP and kill their mage when it spawns. It's actually easier than you should think.
    I've soloed it on 10 HC and I've seen people that claims to have killed 25 man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Complete and utter rubbish, tanks had health pools in the tens of thousands in WotLK there is no CD, or even every CD chained together that could let you survive a 1 million hit.
    Stacking cooldowns. Warriors would pop all the CDs, and get a few pain supressions. Bam, you survive fury of frostmourne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Well towards the end of wrath, in BIS (after they put the pre cata patch in and really messed with HP numbers) you could get close to 80k pop last stands and trinkets plus a shieldwall and ardent defender or soemthing and you're looking at a 500k hit, reduced further by smaller CDs or externals (pain supp, barrier, etc) on a 80k+ health pool. Combine an ardent defender/guardian spirit or something in there and you could survive it. Remember, AD and GS used to not have a cap (200% of max HP cap was put in during firelands, I believe, because of Majordomo cheeseing). So it was completely possible, but it took a good bit of setup and you needed to have near BiS for the health pool and overgear the content enough to not need those CDs to kill the fight. Saying it is complete and udder rubbish is just not correct.
    Last edited by Octa; 2013-12-25 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...nship&aq=f&oq=
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    I'm always able to survive it on both my dk and my shamy, using AMS/IBF and SR/SBT.

Without reductions, I believe it hits for about 1,345,000 shadow damage (might be a little wrong on the number and it might be frost damage)

ya on my lock i have 750k hp reg.. i think 900k in icc and about 1.2M with grim of sacrifice.. i noticed him casting FoF and i didnt die.. i was expecting to but.. the attack didnt seem to damage me at all. so lol.

dks been surviving it with purgatory as well i hear.