Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Patient ghostnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Goldshire Fence, Australia
    Posts
    314

    Warcraft movie story line revealed?

    Now i'm not sure if this is legit or i'm just misinterpreting it, but i found a casting website for Warcraft that lists some of the story. This is not the same as what we heard at Blizzcon (Durotan/Lothar) so that is why i'm skeptical. Either way, either of these stories is good, here's the link: http://www.acting-auditions.org/2013...e-film_29.html (scroll to the bottom of the page where it reads "story:"

    Basically it's suggesting a movie about the Lich King and Arthas's story
    "Forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today.”
    "If we are confronted with differences in opinion, the chemicals that are released in the brain are the same ones that try to ensure our survival in dangerous situations."

  2. #2
    maybe it´ll be the asylum version of the wow movie disguised as a warner bros one

  3. #3
    Considering that completely contradicts what was stated at Blizzcon, I'm going to go ahead and assume bullshit.

  4. #4
    High Overlord Xkiller9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Acherus: The Ebon Hold
    Posts
    158
    They announced at blizzcon it would go in sync with Warlords, although id much prefer arthas

  5. #5
    I think that is superseded by Blizzcon info, since that went out a long time before the con.

  6. #6
    I'd love a film about the Lich King, Arthas and the Scourge so much more. Tho I think the current plot they are developing will be great aswell. Maybe they are gonna save Arthas for later Warcraft movies if the first one does well
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

  7. #7
    The Patient ghostnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Goldshire Fence, Australia
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post
    I'd love a film about the Lich King, Arthas and the Scourge so much more. Tho I think the current plot they are developing will be great aswell. Maybe they are gonna save Arthas for later Warcraft movies if the first one does well
    That's what i thought
    "Forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today.”
    "If we are confronted with differences in opinion, the chemicals that are released in the brain are the same ones that try to ensure our survival in dangerous situations."

  8. #8
    Pit Lord FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostnet View Post
    Now i'm not sure if this is legit or i'm just misinterpreting it, but i found a casting website for Warcraft that lists some of the story. This is not the same as what we heard at Blizzcon (Durotan/Lothar) so that is why i'm skeptical. Either way, either of these stories is good, here's the link: http://www.acting-auditions.org/2013...e-film_29.html (scroll to the bottom of the page where it reads "story:"

    Basically it's suggesting a movie about the Lich King and Arthas's story
    Random website, which haven't listed ANY of the confirmed actors vs info given directly from Blizzard..

    Tough choise, who to trust..

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,817
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostnet View Post
    Now i'm not sure if this is legit or i'm just misinterpreting it, but i found a casting website for Warcraft that lists some of the story. This is not the same as what we heard at Blizzcon (Durotan/Lothar) so that is why i'm skeptical. Either way, either of these stories is good, here's the link: http://www.acting-auditions.org/2013...e-film_29.html (scroll to the bottom of the page where it reads "story:"

    Basically it's suggesting a movie about the Lich King and Arthas's story
    Thats the description of the Arthas Book from the back cover, I reckon they have just put that up there to give an idea about the background of the franchise rather than it being anything telling about a plot or story. There was a thread about it a while ago.

  10. #10
    Guys, just cross out Arthas or anything from WC3 and beyond.

    1. Both Lothar and Durotan are dead at that time for several years. The fact that they're here, means that it'll be related to 1st contact war (which Duncan Jones even confirmed it to be).
    2. You can't start a (possible) trilogy somewhere in the middle, without leaving plotholes, which would happen if it doesn't starts at WC1.
    3. The story will be set from both alliance and horde point of view, to ensure it won't be LOTR clone.

    That being said, the story will likely be a mixture of books Rise of the Horde and Last Guardian.
    Thanks a bunch for the Signature, Cthulhu Ftagn.

  11. #11
    Pandaren Monk Kilpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Turmoill View Post
    Guys, just cross out Arthas or anything from WC3 and beyond.

    1. Both Lothar and Durotan are dead at that time for several years. The fact that they're here, means that it'll be related to 1st contact war (which Duncan Jones even confirmed it to be).
    2. You can't start a (possible) trilogy somewhere in the middle, without leaving plotholes, which would happen if it doesn't starts at WC1.
    3. The story will be set from both alliance and horde point of view, to ensure it won't be LOTR clone.

    That being said, the story will likely be a mixture of books Rise of the Horde and Last Guardian.
    You can't make a LOTR clone out of something like Warcraft. The lore would have to be on par first :P And yes, everything suggests the main storyline will go on the lines of The Last Guardian.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    You can't make a LOTR clone out of something like Warcraft. The lore would have to be on par first :P And yes, everything suggests the main storyline will go on the lines of The Last Guardian.
    By LOTR clone I mean evil orcs, good humans, which technically, before expanded universe, that's what Warcraft was, Orcs and Humans (so I also don't think there'll be any elves and dwarves, even if one of the cast members is playing a dwarf in another movie XD).
    Thanks a bunch for the Signature, Cthulhu Ftagn.

  13. #13
    Warcraft: Orcs and Humans was too much like LOTR so they instead went with the Arthas storyline?
    The Lich King looks almost exactly like Sauron and instead of a cursed ring he wields a cursed sword? Yeah, who was the smart guy who decided this?

    Orcs vs Humans is much further from LOTR than the Lich King story imo.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Warcraft: Orcs and Humans was too much like LOTR so they instead went with the Arthas storyline?
    The Lich King looks almost exactly like Sauron and instead of a cursed ring he wields a cursed sword? Yeah, who was the smart guy who decided this?

    Orcs vs Humans is much further from LOTR than the Lich King story imo.
    Erm. Orcs vs Humans was just a classic Lotr ripoff to the max with evil orcs doing nasty things. LK looks like Sauron (which can be changed for the movie), but that's where the similarities end. The character is nothing like Sauron.

    And before people start making comparisons between Arthas and Anakin, the Star wars story was stolen from samurai movies anyway.

  15. #15
    They totally ripped off the Arthas's book back cover and pasted it there.

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vineland, Cumberland, NJ, USA
    Posts
    2,583
    Ever think that was the story for the role they were taking auditions for? Just because an audition has an excerpt from the vast lore of Warcraft doesn't mean that is what the movie is about. Perhaps they are trying for that time period, or someone from that time period (in warcraft)?

  17. #17
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,338
    Most of that info seems like old news to me.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  18. #18
    Immortal Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    They announced at blizzcon it would go in sync with Warlords, although id much prefer arthas
    Um Warlords comes out Q2 2014, Warcraft movie comes out in March 2016. pretty far stretch between the 2.

  19. #19
    omg if this is true i dont want to waste money on this PoS movie. i rather it been about durotan and lothar not arthas.
    so looks like i wont be seeing this movie anymore.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yhearts/simple alliance main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Age of N'zoth, Assault on Agrus, and Age of Extinction(aka the true end time)

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    4,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    omg if this is true i dont want to waste money on this PoS movie. i rather it been about durotan and lothar not arthas.
    so looks like i wont be seeing this movie anymore.
    You could alteast do some research yourself before posting. Did you bother to see the Warcraft movie presentation at Blizzcon or no? Its the First War. Arthas wasnt even mentioned, so I have no idea what you're talking about, aswell as the OP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •