Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post

This is more about melee vs ranged, which has been a hot topic this expansion.

"Need DPS for ANYRAIDHERE! PST!"

Hey man, Geared Ret here with knowledge of the fights!

"No, I mean ranged".

Seriously though, the melee vs ranged tensions throughout this expansion are is really getting worse.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-12-26 at 05:41 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    One of the side effects of having a second DPS spec might be "eh, we can afford to have one suck" like with how warriors have been. At that point it's essentially back to 1 real DPS spec. In that sense only having one DPS spec might give them a nudge in the direction of "They only have 1 DPS spec, so we need to make it worthwhile." Or at leas,t that's what I would hope. They haven't really delivered on that though.
    Yeah, just look at DKs for proof that having 2 DPS specs doesn't mean one of them will have to be good.

I would personally love a 1-hand and shield DPS spec, but that is a very, very long shot at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Yeah, just look at DKs for proof that having 2 DPS specs doesn't mean one of them will have to be good.

I would personally love a 1-hand and shield DPS spec, but that is a very, very long shot at this point.
    Eh, 1h+shield might work if warriors' Gladiator's Stance works out alright. It won't happen in WoD for us though, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

or you could switch to tank, heals.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    or you could switch to tank, heals.
    The entire point is about wanting another DPS spec to actually do DPS. Neither healing nor tanking are DPS and thus are not options in this context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

I enjoy having more utility than other classes (although I'm gonna admit to only raiding on monk paladin and warrior so far).

Sac, Salv, BoP, DA, instant 500k+ FoLs, Hand of Purity... I don't mind being bottom fo the dps that much as I can bring so much more with me. I guess it would be lovely to bring all that and be doign top 5 spec DPS; but then why would anyone bring any other class? (I mean why would anyone anyway; but thats a different story)

*shrug* Heroic raiders obviously aren't gonna be as concerned
    >SIX A-BONG SIX A-BONG OLLY JOLLY IT'S SIX-A-BONG

Why should we have another dps spec? isn`t it enough that Ret gets fixed, if we were to get another dps spec then ret would have no place in pve aswell as pvp.

Blizz should balance existing specs before introducing new specs. Your idea that blizzard release new spec and problem solved... Its false.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yeah I'm not saying ret is bad now in fact they are very decent now specially if you have the 4th set bonus of the tier 16. But what I mean is that our class has only one dps spec and as a class that has only one dps spec we are constantly at risk of being nerfed or underpowered and when that happens we have no other choice other than changing to holy or tank or reroll another class.
    So by that logic, both priests and monks need to have a 4th spec as well so they have 2 dps options? And what makes you think that the 2nd dps pally spec wouldn't also be nerfed/underpowered potentially? (just look at DK's this tier, 2 dps spec's, neither particularly strong)

What then? do you ask for 3 dps specs, just in case? 4 dps specs? ad nasuem.
    How bout healing? Is it fair priests get to have 2 heal specs in case 1 is nerfed or underpowered they can swap to the other? Should all the other heal classes get an additional heal spec? Clearly absurd.

At a certain point its called deal with the limitations within your class or re-roll. Every class/spec has do deal with the roller coaster of balancing.
    More specs does not automatically = a strong/op dps spec (which is what it seems you are looking for)
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2014-01-08 at 06:37 PM.