Suramar FPS drops

I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issue. Suramar takes my solid 60fps and just beats it down to 20-40fps.

My rig:
    [email protected]
    390x
    16gb ram
    SSD
    Minimal addons(DBM, recount, postal, Quartz)

I run at settin 10, CMAA, shadows to low, sunshafts to low. Everything else on max.

I have only seen FPS drops like this during multi-group Kazzak or fully packed invasions.

Is this a Suramar issue? Is it just that much more demanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Is this a Suramar issue? Is it just that much more demanding?
    Yup, it's way more demanding, because it's more populated and has lots of shaded vegetation and clutter.

View Distance and Environment Detail to 8 or even 7 should get you 60. You can leave Shadows and Sunshafts to Ultra and use better antialiasing for sure, even 8xMSAA should be very easy for the 390X (if playing at 1080p)

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Yup, it's way more demanding, because it's more populated and has lots of shaded vegetation and clutter.

View Distance and Environment Detail to 8 or even 7 should get you 60. You can leave Shadows and Sunshafts to Ultra and use better antialiasing for sure, even 8xMSAA should be very easy for the 390X (if playing at 1080p)
    I can do shadows and sunshafts at ultra(normally) but I get a much bigger hit in group play.

I can't do anything above CMAA without my gfx card sounding like a jet engine. I'll try to drop view distance to 8 and see if that helps.

I guess Surumar is a catch 22 - Blizzard needed a beautiful zone for people to spend the bulk of their time in, but by making it so impressive, they made it so demanding that people have to turn down graphics just to make it playable.