Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Uncorrupted Arrakoa?

It's my understanding that the arrokoa we will be seeing in WoD will be "uncorrupted"

What do you think they will look like?

I never thought their model was supposed to be a "corrupted" version of them. Their ideology may be corrupted but they've always been the bird people we know and love today!

But yeah, I'm really excited to get more Arrakoa lore, easily my favorite race in the game. I have no idea why, just something about them and their culture and their architecture etc. KUH KAWWW

I think I remember reading they can actually fly with their wings, and aren't twisted messes.

Will be interesting to see, Blizz didn't say much at all about them so far.

We know they likely worship an Old God, maybe he is present under Draenor and we have to fight him?

It's one of the most intriguing parts of the expac for me

10+ Year Old Account
    With less corruption in them!

Well, if they were corrupted in the same way the broken draenei were, I'd say they'll be slimmer, taller and more symmetrical. Take Malfurion's new model and add even more feathers and a peak.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see more of the Arakkoa (not Arrakoa! :P). Hopefully we could learn more about their gods.

They're going to be able to fly, and Blizz said they were proper "assholes" or something along those lines at BlizzCon.

I do wonder if they'll happen to be at war with the Saberon.

Giant cat people vs Giant bird people

So long as the Saberon don't leave any Arakkoa corpses at the doorstep of my garrison as "gifts", then i'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaalu View Post
    It's my understanding that the arrokoa we will be seeing in WoD will be "uncorrupted"

What do you think they will look like?
    they arent corrupted, they are cursed.

before the curse, whatever it was, they had wings and lived up in the trees and were able to fly.

so i guess they will look like arrakoa but with wings
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    According to Dave Kosak they were jerks even before the corruption.

the pre curse arrakoa will most likely be based off the tengu http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tengu

its impossible to know exactly how they will look but i imagine they will look like a meaner style rito

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'm not very familiar with the Arakkoa lore; but who cursed them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Visually, I'd imagine that the uncorrupted Arakkoa are to the current Arakkoa what the Zandalari trolls are to the playable trolls. Taller, more regal (but still brutal), less hunched over, and yes, these Arakkoa can fly.

Personality-wise, I can easily imagine something similar to the arrogance of the mantid.

Deleted
    Upright, intelligent, smoother voice, immense talons, orc-hating and owls, lots and lots of 'em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the pre curse arrakoa will most likely be based off the tengu http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tengu

its impossible to know exactly how they will look but i imagine they will look like a meaner style rito

Windwaker!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Arakkoa are the mantid of TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

Yeah, this is pretty much my expectation as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they would look like Anzu or Rukhmar themselves - I think I read it on wowpedia, or maybe it was mentioned in BlizzCon, that they could fly pre-corruption, so I'm guessing the curse gave them power but took their flight, making them more humanoid and less bird-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I'm not sure if it's been said. I remember years ago looking through WoWWiki and seeing text from a TBC beta quest that never made it to live, some Arrakoa referred to their race being beautiful before they were cursed. Nice to see something from so long ago has become canon now. Maybe Terokk got pissed with them? Or the Raven god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    I'm not sure if it's been said. I remember years ago looking through WoWWiki and seeing text from a TBC beta quest that never made it to live, some Arrakoa referred to their race being beautiful before they were cursed. Nice to see something from so long ago has become canon now. Maybe Terokk got pissed with them? Or the Raven god.
    Terokk is actually a hero of the Arakkoa, built their city with his claws, then vanished, leaving behind three of his items. Terokk's followers along with Terokk worshipped dark entities, and it's fabled that they actually worshipped the old gods. So what cursed them is actually their own tampering with dark magic, I could say.