Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It was two damn battlegrounds. TWO.

    That is very much NOT "a big deal." I'd have rather the requirement been to win TWENTY battlegrounds than that grind for 6,000 valor points, or whatever the amount was.
    And you missed it.

  2. #42
    literally made an account to say that is my tweet to GC haha! Badass to see it on a front page article!

  3. #43
    dat image with all the leaders is hilarious, especially varian face and garrosh running out with a rainder, priceless.
    How about we let the parenting of kids to... their parents? No, seriously, World of Warcraft is a videogame. Gaming it's supposed to be a fun activity (if you have that fun through challenges, social interactions, etc is completely up to you). Not some kind of "School of Hard Knocks about the Real World".

  4. #44
    and now shut up about "everyone got the warglaives!!"..

    here is the proof that everyone and their mother dont have it.

  5. #45
    This statistics for weapons are "fault" because they should only count those that got the weapons on their respective expansion time...

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    The entire chain can be done with the lfr queue system, Openraid and OQ. I am on a dead server and had zero issue with it, and got my cloak day 1 of the patch. The only thing stopping you is yourself.

    edit: and I did it before the nerfs.
    Try doing it now as a returning player.

    I think you'll find it differrent.

    Also, should not need to rely on third party sites to do content, thats shockingly lazy game design.

    I like the whole, long involved quest thingy, but it needs to be sorted so that it can be done at all stages, even after its no longer current. Overall, the idea was great, but as so often with Bliz, no one thought ahead and the implementation sucked.
    capitalism works you say?
    http://www.businessinsider.com/inequ...u-think-2013-3
    Want to try again?

  7. #47
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    Give pally's Dream of Cenarius, please! Then give Druids a good talent in its place.
    Yea you can have the horrible Seal of Faith. Luckily he said it probably isn't making it.

  8. #48
    Dreadlord Fungj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    823
    I thought most people that had got to at least chapter 2 would finnish it, seems like I'm wrong.

  9. #49
    "Care to give one example you guys are discussing?
    Not really :-D This is a case where if you only see one class's changes, that class will freak. Whole picture needed"

    They're removing Warlock's fears. Watch. . .

  10. #50
    Bloodsail Admiral Shudder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    Try doing it now as a returning player.

    I think you'll find it differrent.

    Also, should not need to rely on third party sites to do content, thats shockingly lazy game design.

    I like the whole, long involved quest thingy, but it needs to be sorted so that it can be done at all stages, even after its no longer current. Overall, the idea was great, but as so often with Bliz, no one thought ahead and the implementation sucked.
    The most disappointing thing I heard at Blizzcon was the devs saying they were happy with the legendary and that they'd do it again in WoD. It made switching mains impossible since you were severely gimped not having the cloak. Hey we need you on your pally now. Ok see you in 12 weeks. It also made alts a pain in the ass. They should have made it boa. I'm against anything that restricts me from changing classes based on what my guild needs. I hope they scrap the legendary in WoD.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    No. No, no, and hell no. The storylines surrounding the legendaries are epic and should be available for every player to experience for him/herself. I loved doing Sulfuras and Thunderfury. Working my way to Illidan and finally acquiring his iconic Warglaives brought a feeling of being a part of Azeroth's history. (Thori'dal is the exception, as it still has very vague lore for it. Even Val'anyr has more.) I haven't finished Shadowmourne or Dragonwrath yet, and will probably never acquire the Fangs (I don't like rogue combat), but what I've seen and read still gives me pleasure. I even admit that the storyline for the legendary cloaks was worth it overall. (I loathe PvP...)

    I am still bitter over Atiesh - not because I can't lord myself over other players, but because Atiesh is an iconic mage item with deep history. I would have enjoyed working my way through its story because my mage is still my main character nine years later. The personal fulfillment would be the reward, and having the item would be a way of always remembering the experience.

    Taking away future players' opportunity to experience and create long-lasting memories that deeply connect them into lore is bad. Yes, it creates exclusivity, but is exclusivity which is created solely from playing during a certain time period a good thing? My answer is never. (Which is why I truly hate old Azeroth's content revamps.)
    My feeling is that if people want to just "experience the content", why not just produce WoW as a singleplayer game? It would serve the same function. I happen to think MMOs should cater to the strengths of the format. The most memorable moments I had with the game were either getting things that were super hard to get, or achieving things that were close to impossible. When everyone can do it, what's the point? Where's the excitement?

    Even when you can't get those things (ESPECIALLY, I'd argue), the allure of there being things you can strive for that most people will never reach is a huge part of what made early MMOs special. I realize this isn't a very popular viewpoint, but whatever. That's my preference.

    WoW has gone the complete opposite direction over the years, so I suppose the market has spoken. I guess I'm in the minority, and a minority that isn't worth producing products for, from a profitability standpoint.

  12. #52
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It was two damn battlegrounds. TWO.

    That is very much NOT "a big deal." I'd have rather the requirement been to win TWENTY battlegrounds than that grind for 6,000 valor points, or whatever the amount was.

    It is a big deal if you hate pvp. I refused to do it myself.

  13. #53
    Where are the poll results????

  14. #54
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    Where are the poll results????
    Not posting results seemed pretty shady but maybe they're trying to avoid bias by not displaying it - can't check in advance to see the popular opinion or whatever.

    I voted "No". Nothing against the guy anymore, it was just a job, but I don't need to keep reading his tweets or if I do I can follow him on twitter.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Everyone I know that quit, they gave the two battlegrounds as the reason. Idiotic dev who came up with pvping for a pve item should be fired. I did it twice but each time was a nightmare that took me 10 tries to get one win. Getting your team to do the objectives and stay together is like herding cats. Pve players should never be forced to pvp. Pvp players should never be forced to pve. I'm sure the pvpers didn't enjoy noobs in pve gear coming into their bgs and messing it up too.

    It was why I stopped. As soon as I heard that it required pvp I gave up on it.

    I despise WoW pvp with a burning hatred. I do not pay to not be able to play. Blizzard can come to my house and wash the damn dishes for all I care I will not play it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Not posting results seemed pretty shady but maybe they're trying to avoid bias by not displaying it - can't check in advance to see the popular opinion or whatever.

    I voted "No". Nothing against the guy anymore, it was just a job, but I don't need to keep reading his tweets or if I do I can follow him on twitter.
    I voted no because I'm sick and tired of the glorification of Greg Street, everyone seems to forget he was a lead for the biggest subscription loss in WoW history maybe even MMO history. Yet it's seldom mentioned.
    -gutting professions
    -Original Cata dungeons
    -Talent overhall
    -homogenization of classes
    -train track levelling paths

    Just to name a few, why is there never any mention of these things? He was present for all of them. His main goal (imo) was the reduction of development costs more than anything else. Not to mention the fact his habit of saying whatever needed to quell the frothing masses even if it wasn't true.
    After he took over they systematically set about removing everything that made the game what it was while crying about "resources".

    He was and is not the "great" game developer everyone seems to think, he was a corporate mouthpiece plain and simple. Anyone who has spent any time in the corporate world would recognize it.

  16. #56
    Mechagnome Aliok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oregon, U.S.A.
    Posts
    624

    Post Re: Armory Stats - Legendary Quest Achievements, Blue Tweets, IV Contest Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Selenti View Post
    My feeling is that if people want to just "experience the content", why not just produce WoW as a singleplayer game? It would serve the same function. I happen to think MMOs should cater to the strengths of the format. The most memorable moments I had with the game were either getting things that were super hard to get, or achieving things that were close to impossible. When everyone can do it, what's the point? Where's the excitement?

    Even when you can't get those things (ESPECIALLY, I'd argue), the allure of there being things you can strive for that most people will never reach is a huge part of what made early MMOs special. I realize this isn't a very popular viewpoint, but whatever. That's my preference.

    WoW has gone the complete opposite direction over the years, so I suppose the market has spoken. I guess I'm in the minority, and a minority that isn't worth producing products for, from a profitability standpoint.
    (emphasis mine)

    I don't want my enjoyment to come at the cost of other players' enjoyment of the game. I think the biggest reason for your dissatisfaction (I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, just trying to explain what I'm thinking) is that LFR - which pretty much is a solo experience - was allowed to drop legendary-related quest items. I actually agree with you on that part. It should have been a group effort with people you would actually see again and collaborate with. Unfortunately, changes made in Cataclysm and furthered in Mists made it very unlikely that the previous statement would ever be workable in practice.

    Anyway, the result has been a legendary that only reminds me of the god-awful soloing experience (minus killing the commander... until Blizzard nerfed it) because Cataclysm destroyed most of my realm's raid guilds and MoP destroyed even more Normal-only raid guilds and PvP-in-my-PvE-what-the-@^#$ (hey Blizz, I re-rolled on a PvE server for a reason!) and if I wanted a true group then I had to use third-party tools to accomplish it. Overall, I look at my cloak and kinda feel disgusted in the end.

    I don't mind - and actually would prefer - if Blizzard goes back to making legendary-quality items somewhat more exclusive in current content. My biggest objection to your post was the remark about removing such items - and necessarily all related quests - after it was no longer current content. I feel the removal of content is always a bad thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    This statistics for weapons are "fault" because they should only count those that got the weapons on their respective expansion time...
    This would only work for legendary items introduced in Wrath of the Lich King onwards because the achievement system didn't exist until Wrath.
    Originally Posted by Daeleht (Blue Tracker)
    Post constructively or I'll press some different buttons next time.
    Perfect summations of my feelings on CRZ - why I want to like it but can't.

  17. #57
    As a DK I've got Thunderfury, and am 2 shards away from my Shadowmourne - fail. Came back last month and am now on phase 3 of the cloak quest. Oranges abound (or will soon abound)! What about the rest of you?

  18. #58
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ysera
    Posts
    66
    I've always said, that its unfair that LFR people can get the cloak. That should have been only for Normal, or maybe only for heroic raiders.

    And yes, i did get the cloak on LFR. Its just not as "legendary" if everyone can get it

  19. #59
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    38
    All the art is really amazing and quite funny for the holidays. Some pretty talented people right there.

  20. #60
    I'd prefer never to hear anything from Greg Street again. The guy was a total disaster for wow and I'm glad to see the back of him.
    capitalism works you say?
    http://www.businessinsider.com/inequ...u-think-2013-3
    Want to try again?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •