Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Jaina's "descent" summarized in the simplest way possible

I didn't make this comic, and though I know things of a "picture" nature aren't normally allowed to be posted, I found this humorous interpretation to easily summarize just WHY Jaina's become the hardened woman she now is today.

Source: http://fitzefitcher.tumblr.com/post/...to-draw-stupid
    I thought this was hilarious. Point is this:

People continue to place Jaina in the "misunderstanding bitch" limelight, and it's really not her fault; it's more-so the idiots around her and she's basically become fed up with everyone's shit. She's not being a bitch. She's not being misunderstanding. She's being hardened and she isn't putting up with anyone's crap anymore.

Also note: I am Horde and even I understand this.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Mawnix; 2013-12-23 at 04:01 AM.

.... I take back everything I ever said about her. (Pssst please provide a link to the source!)
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-12-23 at 03:56 AM.

Deleted
    Poor Lor'themar (the Sunreavers) was just the nearest fleshy thing on hand when over a decade of pent up frustration finally boiled over and Jaina's brain borked.

Awesome little strip. I love the style. Feels very reminiscent of the "Roll over, cat!" comic. Unfortunately, it forgets to further reiterate Jaina's descent into madness in not highlighting her growing inclination to bonk dragons...!

Reminds me of Maiev's decent into madness based on the incompetence of those around her.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is awesome, actually summarizes her transition pretty well, and it's what I've always been saying as well: she's just had enough of the bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    She's being hardened and she isn't putting up with anyone's crap anymore.
    Yeah, there's a name for people who are hardened and don't putting up with anyone's crap: psychos. It's what happened to people like Stalin, Hitler or Pol Pot. They decided that too many people who were too dumb to live were always getting in the way of how things should be done.

Always loved Jaina. She's not a bitch. Sylvanas is a bitch that needs to be put down. Jaina is a badass.
    I think if something happens to Varian, Jaina should lead Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    Yeah, there's a name for people who are hardened and don't putting up with anyone's crap: psychos. It's what happened to people like Stalin, Hitler or Pol Pot. They decided that too many people who were too dumb to live were always getting in the way of how things should be done.
    Didn't take someone to Godwin the thread, did it?

You're also completely wrong, but that's beside the point.

Deleted
    Well, she was willing to destroy Orgrimmar and kill everybody inside, innocent or not. And she would have done it if she hadn't been stopped in time.

That she reconsidered, you say? Well, even the history's worst murderers would shudder at having to do the butchery with their own hands. A tactical retreat, delaying to find a better way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    That she reconsidered, you say? Well, even the history's worst murderers would shudder at having to do the butchery with their own hands. A tactical retreat, delaying to find a better way.
    I know her inner thoughts, hidden motives and her future with much greater certainty than you do.

Deleted
    I don't know why everyone says that Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot are bad because compared to Mao Ze-Dong they did nothing. He killed 45 million in 4 years.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...s-2081630.html

Waiting for Anduin to have his theramore moment and WAKE THE FUCK UP!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmidgit View Post
    I don't know why everyone says that Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot are bad because compared to Mao Ze-Dong they did nothing. He killed 45 million in 4 years.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...s-2081630.html
    There is a difference between purposely killing a lot of people and unintentionally doing that with bad economical decisions (which no one can even say for certain that it could have been avoided).

10+ Year Old Account
    Did give me a giggle .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbix View Post
    Waiting for Anduin to have his theramore moment and WAKE THE FUCK UP!
    He's too much of a Chosen One to ever falter, no matter how retarded he gets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    He's too much of a Chosen One to ever falter, no matter how retarded he gets.
    Anduin is one of those rare characters who is able to step outside the action and look at things objectively while still belonging to one of the warring factions. Most other characters possessing common sense or the ability to block out the barrage of dogmatic prejudice spewed by their peers or superiors turn their backs on the whole violent and trivial affair. Preferring instead to establish non-aligned organisations that work towards fighting the enemies that are hostile to both the Alliance and Horde and are only strengthened by the mortals' petty conflicts.

If we didn't have a few characters like Anduin, incorruptible and borderline masochistic in their capacity for sympathy and tolerance, then all we'd have for main characters on both sides of the war would be insufferable dickholes like Garrosh or Vereesa Windrunner who are so blinded by their prejudices that they would perpetuate the conflict until everyone on either side was dead.
    Blizz has a habit of marginalising moderate characters (or turning them 'neutral' (or insane)), so it's good to have characters on either side of the emotional extremes in both the Alliance and the Horde.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Anduin is one of those rare characters who is able to step outside the action and look at things objectively while still belonging to one of the warring factions.
    OBJECTIVELY?!! He's idealism and obliviousness incarnate. If Kairoz's visions are correct, then he's the one who releases Garrosh, causing the Iron Horde invasion.
    Most other characters possessing common sense or the ability to block out the barrage of dogmatic prejudice spewed by their peers or superiors turn their backs on the whole violent and trivial affair. Preferring instead to establish non-aligned organisations that work towards fighting the enemies that are hostile to both the Alliance and Horde and are only strengthened by the mortals' petty conflicts.
    Which is the sole point of their existence. They don't care about the well-being of common folk when it's not besieged by dragons and demons.
    If we didn't have a few characters like Anduin, incorruptible and borderline masochistic in their capacity for sympathy and tolerance, then all we'd have for main characters on both sides of the war would be insufferable dickholes like Garrosh or Vereesa Windrunner who are so blinded by their prejudices that they would perpetuate the conflict until everyone on either side was dead.
    That's the whole point of Warcraft. Two rivaling ideologies, the civilization of Alliance and the passion of Horde. It's like capitalism vs. communism.
    Blizz has a habit of marginalising moderate characters (or turning them 'neutral' (or insane)), so it's good to have characters on either side of the emotional extremes in both the Alliance and the Horde.
    Insane villains are bad enough, but Chosen Ones are much worse. What's the point of character who's immortal due to infinite amount of blind luck and who is morally unaffected by anything that happens to him or anyone else?

Where is this madness that you people speak about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    OBJECTIVELY?!! He's idealism and obliviousness incarnate. If Kairoz's visions are correct, then he's the one who releases Garrosh, causing the Iron Horde invasion.

Which is the sole point of their existence. They don't care about the well-being of common folk when it's not besieged by dragons and demons.

That's the whole point of Warcraft. Two rivaling ideologies, the civilization of Alliance and the passion of Horde. It's like capitalism vs. communism.

Insane villains are bad enough, but Chosen Ones are much worse. What's the point of character who's immortal due to infinite amount of blind luck and who is morally unaffected by anything that happens to him or anyone else?
    Sure, the dude is optimistic, but I wouldn't think he is so opposed to seeing blatant faults in people that, after trying reason instead of immediately reacting with violence (as so many Alliance and Horde figures would), he would be opposed to taking appropriate military action.
    We haven't really had a chance to see him get pushed to the point of meeting fire with fire because other people, like his father, are much quicker in losing their cool and having their anger greatly overshadow any emotional reaction he might have to seeing people do bad things.

I'll admit that some neutral organisations seem almost unfazed by the suffering of mortals unless it is inflicted upon them by some all-consuming foreign power (it is because of this kind of attitude that I find the Red Dragonflight contemptible), but I don't think people like Tirion or the Argent Crusaders don't care about what the Alliance-Horde war is doing to people, they've just decided that they don't want to be a part of it. Azeroth is a world of absolute monarchies and military dictatorships. There is no diplomatic apparatus for non-rulers to condemn or criticise the nature of the faction war. There is no impeachment process or war crimes tribunals. If people disagree with the way their leaders act, they either shut up and comply or wash their hands of that war.
    I'd say the Argents, themselves a neutral body, have actually demonstrated that they have been better for the 'common-folk' in certain situations than the Horde or Alliance have shown themselves to be. Because of their stance of non-alignment, still-living refugees of Lordaeron have been able to return to their homelands, settling in Argent controlled areas, whereas settlers attempting to move back into Lordaeron under Alliance banners have, not surprisingly, been met with hostility from Horde forces in the area, as such migration into lands bordering or occupying their territories could rightly be viewed as an act of aggression.

I'm not really concerned with the game philosophies that arguably make the Warcraft universe the world that it is, I'm looking at this from an in-world perspective. For the average citizen, there is nothing to be gained from a sustained conflict between the Alliance and the Horde, so leaders within each faction who are vocally opposed to the war are a force for good for the people who are unable to voice their own opinions to their respective leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Geez, garrosh yelling "o yeah" really reminds me of cool aid man.

Well, i guess jaina is nicolas cage of azeroth, once she lost her shit, there is no coming back.
    Probably she should shown more common sense in past, rather then pretending to be living saint. In fact, she kinda deserved what happened to her. Darwin laws.