Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Look for a good mmorpg

I have played wow for 7 years and bored to all hell with it so i am looking for a new mmorpg. I have tried a lot Aion Runes of Magic Neverwinter and a few more and not one can keep my attention for more then a few hours. So what is a good mmorpg out there other then wow and/or some good ones coming out this year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift is a great choice.
    I've swapped between Rift and WoW for a long time.

RIFT has the appearance on having near infinite combinations and possibilities, but in reality there are already theorycrafted bests for the sets. I still really like the housing though.

I tried Rift and it was just weird to me. Maybe i am just being to picky and should try one for more then a few hours

I'd recommend trying Rift, I had a blast with it but couldn't ever really get involved as I was (and still am) heavily committed to World of Warcraft at that point.

Deleted
    there is nothing like WoW, sorry to break it to you, but I have tried almost all of the 'wow killers' and they all suck and can't be compared to the joy WoW gave me ..

Does Rift have end game raids and dungeons?

I really, really want to get into the Wildstar beta. I've read about it and it really looks promising and fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pieisfire123 View Post
    Rift is damn close to a copy of WoW. Yes, it does.

it's generally considered the best raiding game after WoW (some think it's better than wow's raiding, subjective of course)

Thx i am think i am going to give Rift a another try and see if i will like it later on in game

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR. If you want endgame.... maybe not much here. Which is why I don't play it. But the leveling process was by far the most enjoyable of any MMO with the exception of the first time I leveled in WoW. F2P as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i play dragon quest 9 right now with some friends. Teamwork is a must .
    Best part is that you dont need a sub to play. And its very addicting.

You can play solo and make your own team or you can link up with a friend and play together.
    Its kinda like a mmo. You need a friend code tho.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

FFXIV ARR. Maybe want to check out Wildstar, will be released sometime this year. About Rift - if you like Wow raids, you're going to like Rift raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassander View Post
    SWTOR. If you want endgame.... maybe not much here. Which is why I don't play it. But the leveling process was by far the most enjoyable of any MMO with the exception of the first time I leveled in WoW. F2P as well.
    Yea but SWTOR F2P sucks i you cant even use more action bars unless you pay for then.

15+ Year Old Account
    heres the thing though, you WILL find Rift weird because you are so use to WoW. Trust me ive seen many turn away from Rift because they felt it to have something off about it from WoW. I switched to Rift right when it released and quit WoW shortly after for it, but really i was in the market for something new as i was on my way out of WoW. it takes a bit to get the hang of all of it, but in the end you just have to stick with it and you will eventually get use to it and enjoy it. But you just have to try and avoid comparing it to WoW because then it will turn you off of it. Now im use to Rift over the years that i went and tried WoW last week for a bit and i thought it stunk and while i played WoW i was like i feel more like i want to play Rift which is the same as WoW players when they attempt Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    heres the thing though, you WILL find Rift weird because you are so use to WoW. Trust me ive seen many turn away from Rift because they felt it to have something off about it from WoW. I switched to Rift right when it released and quit WoW shortly after for it, but really i was in the market for something new as i was on my way out of WoW. it takes a bit to get the hang of all of it, but in the end you just have to stick with it and you will eventually get use to it and enjoy it. But you just have to try and avoid comparing it to WoW because then it will turn you off of it. Now im use to Rift over the years that i went and tried WoW last week for a bit and i thought it stunk and while i played WoW i was like i feel more like i want to play Rift which is the same as WoW players when they attempt Rift.
    Yea i am going to do that. I looked up some endgame raids and they look fun so i am going to stick it out and try rift again and give it more of a chance i am going to roll a marksman.

I tried Rift and it was just weird to me. Maybe i am just being to picky and should try one for more then a few hours
    You probably are. If you're just looking for wow that isn't wow, you won't find it, but Rift might come close. GW2 was ultimately what ended wow for me, but im a casual player these days and don't want to raid or do anything time consuming on a schedule so that missing in gw2 means nothing to me.

Rift was a little too heavy for me, too much of a time commitment to make a character decent. I did enjoy the leveling process though, the world pvp with the rift system and no language barrier between factions was a blast.
    Last edited by Zoneseek; 2014-01-15 at 01:07 AM.

Well lets see...

I think Planetside 2 is a good FPS MMO if you are interested, just have to have a good computer to run it. I really do not know if it is considered a MMO since you can be in battles of like 250+ on both factions, but whatever.

Since it looks like you are trying out Rift, I say go for it. I played it for a month or two (PS2 took over), but during that time span I had a blast. If you are looking for a game like WoW, you may not find one, but Rift is by far the closest in both population and gameplay wise to it.

Deleted
    If you are really bored with WoW I wouldn't advice trying Rift, unless you want to play WoW...without playing WoW, don't get me wrong though, it's a decent game, and it does have some cool things that WoW doesn't have but pretty much everything else is a copy of WoW.

If you want something different and you don't really care about raids I'd say GW2 is your best choice.
    Last edited by mmoc1448edff70; 2014-01-15 at 01:17 PM.