Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Medivh as tierboss in WoD

Medivh was ressurected by Aegwynn, so he coud unite the people of Azeroth against the legion. Ive never heard about him dying again. So coud Medivh be the one helping Garrosh, and Kasiroz just being a troll? Just speculation

He kinda redeemed himself with guiding Thrall to kalimdor and helping to warn against the legions coming in wc3, where he goes to take his place in the legends or some such.

However, getting Medivh under sargeras influence from the WoD time line as a boss wouldn't be unlikely with the kara changes they toss about. However, Garrosh is not very likely to team up with the legion either.

If we are talking about Rise of the Horde time period then yes, it is a possibility. However, I hope we will not fight him. He is my favorite character in Warcraft Universe

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just think people are trying to cram too much Legion into WoD. WoD should focus on the Iron Horde, the alternate timeline, and Draenor. Save the legion for 7.0.

And if you're wondering, I think Alternate Medivh is the final boss of Expansion VI.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    If Medivh were an orc, they'd give him an entire patch.

Considering it is an alternate dimension, there is literally no reason anyone can't be a raid boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Considering it is an alternate dimension, there is literally no reason anyone can't be a raid boss.
    Exactly why there needs to be restraint on who we fight. Medivh? Kil'jaedan? Sargeras? What happened to the hype for Argus, or the fact that there's a clear dangling lore thread right on the Draenor map?

Deleted
    Yeah maybe, but they said that end boss wont be an orc, so the only options i can see is something brilliant new from draenor. An old god on Draenor, or something legion themed. If u ask me Kasiroz woud be too lame.

Quote Originally Posted by epu View Post
    Yeah maybe, but they said that end boss wont be an orc, so the only options i can see is something brilliant new from draenor. An old god on Draenor, or something legion themed. If u ask me Kasiroz woud be too lame.

Because with how they might throw around the word orc. Was Garrosh an orc anymore once you hit phase two and three, or could be be described as something different?

Deleted
    Point taken. But i think the community woud be too irritated, if they again should kill an (former) orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epu View Post
    I'm still saying Wrathion is the final boss, and Wrathion is the one who decided to use Kairoz to send Garrosh back, because Wrathion needed 1 faction to conquer Azeroth and neither the Horde or Alliance were going to be that faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what motivation would a resurrected Medivh have to ally with Garrosh? Beside "omg you raided my tower! *berserk*"

Deleted
    Well the reason ist really visible, unless hes on the same mission as Wration, to keep the planet safe. But well the thread was ment to be as much about if we maybe were seeing him in a patch or something

I actually think it's Med'an, not Medivh.

I also believe he's the one behind Garrosh and Kairoz.

My reasoning? There's a strong possibility that he's possessed by Sargeras, much like his father. When Medivh was killed in Warcraft I, there was a striking parallel between Garona and Aegwynn; both were present at the defeat of Srgeras and both were pregnant at the time. What's more interesting is that Medivh was Med'an's father, and he was possessed by Sargeras when Med'an was conceived. It's very possible that Med'an was/is Sargeras' contingency plan, and as we know, Medivh!Sargeras played an integral role in opening the original Dark Portal. It stands to reason that someone with knowledge of the Dark Portal is helping Garrosh and Kairoz change its frequency to Draenor, and we know Sargeras needs an introduction to properly introduce him down the line.

In addition to that, there are a few other pieces of possible evidence. The first is the heavy Father/Son theme being used in WoD. With Garrosh and Grom as well as Thrall and Durotan being explored, the possibility of Medivh and Med'an being explored grows as well. Another piece of evidence is Med'an's heritage. He's a quarter Draenei, a quarter Orc, and half Human. The former two are getting heavy development this expansion, and considering the position of power the Alliance find itself in, it's likely Humans will play a big role, as well. Furthermore, we know that both Garona and Maraad are coming along in this expansion, who are Med'an's mother and uncle, respectively. We also know Khadgar is coming along, who has ties to Medivh!Sargeras, the Dark Portal, and Karazhan.

Speaking of Karazhan, another piece of evidence is that Karazhan is getting a restoration. While we have no idea what this is for, there is a lot of evidence that Karazhan will play a role in this expansion. First, WoD is playing on themes from Warcraft I as well as The Burning Crusade, and Karazhan was a major part of both games. Second, Karazhan is considered one of the most fondly-remembered raids in WoW, and I doubt the developers have forgotten that. Third, there is an inverse Karazhan that hasn't been explored at all yet, and this expansion would make the perfect tie-in for us to finally do it. Finally, and this one is a bit more speculatory on my part, inverse Karazhan would not only tie in wonderfully to Warcraft I, but it would make the perfect final raid in WoD both as a juxtapostion to Karazhan being the first raid of TBC, but also to the climactic battle against Medivh!Sargeras in Warcraft I.

Now, granted, this Karazhan speculation could be equally applied to Medivh being the final boss, but there are a few things to consider about Medivh being a villain. The first is that he was completely cleansed of Sargeras' taint when he was originally killed. Second, he returned in Warcraft III to save the mortal races from the Burning Legion. Finally, he made it clear that the world no longer needed a Guardian, and that he would fade into the legends of the past. Considering that this expansion was likely supposed to be directly after Cataclysm (As Mists of Pandaria was only approved last minute), the beginning of the Age of Mortals, it would make sense that the world does away with the last Guardian, Med'an, as both Medivh and Aegwynn are both no longer considered Guardians.

In conclusion, there are a few points about Med'an I'd like to bring up. The first is that there is a prophecy about him that says he will either save the world or bring ruin to it. Him being behind the events of WoD fufills the second part of the prophecy. The second is that Med'an is generally considered to be the most reviled character in Warcraft, thanks to his absurd heritage, his Gary-Stu like abilities to use all magic, and his contrived birth. Making him a villain, and the vessel of Sargeras, is the perfect way to both dispose of his character that is satisfying to the players while simultaneously using him as a re-introduction to Warcraft's Big Bad.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2013-12-17 at 05:32 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Deleted
    Uve put up some really cool theories! And it all seems legit. Thanks for lighten up my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    When Medivh was killed in Warcraft I, there was a striking parallel between Garona and Aegwynn; both were present at the defeat of Srgeras and both were pregnant at the time.
    Aegwynn wasn't pregnant when she defeated Sargeras's avatar. Sargeras's spirit slipped into her long before she decided to give birth to her own heir, at which point he decided that'd be a great place to hang out.

I'm somewhat doubtful about Med'an being a host for Sargeras for a couple of reasons. One -- as it stands, the lore holds that Sargeras was present in Medivh when Lothar and Khadgar killed him. Sargeras wasn't present in both Aegwynn and Medivh when they were both alive, so it seems unlikely that he could (or would) split himself in two and occupy Medivh and Med'an at the same time. Obviously this story predates even the concept of Med'an, so it could be retconned in some fashion.

Second -- Med'an wielding the Light would seem to be at odds with being possessed by one of the most blatantly evil beings in the universe, not to mention the one that the Naaru themselves are specifically fighting against.

It's an interesting idea to be sure, but I think there's some reasons to doubt how likely it is to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelhiss View Post
    Aegwynn wasn't pregnant when she defeated Sargeras's avatar. Sargeras's spirit slipped into her long before she decided to give birth to her own heir, at which point he decided that'd be a great place to hang out.
    You are, indeed, correct in this. Still, he possesses Medivh by laying dormant in Aegwynn until he is conceived.

I'm somewhat doubtful about Med'an being a host for Sargeras for a couple of reasons. One -- as it stands, the lore holds that Sargeras was present in Medivh when Lothar and Khadgar killed him. Sargeras wasn't present in both Aegwynn and Medivh when they were both alive, so it seems unlikely that he could (or would) split himself in two and occupy Medivh and Med'an at the same time. Obviously this story predates even the concept of Med'an, so it could be retconned in some fashion.
    Why would he occupy Medivh and Med'an at the same time? When Medivh is killed, Garona is present. Just as Aegwynn was possessed by Sargeras' spirit when she slew his Avatar, Sargeras could have slipped into Garona and the unborn Med'an at the time of Medivh's death. It even fills in a major plothole: we still have no idea what happened to Sargeras' spirit after the death of Medivh.

Second -- Med'an wielding the Light would seem to be at odds with being possessed by one of the most blatantly evil beings in the universe, not to mention the one that the Naaru themselves are specifically fighting against.
    Titans have long held the power to use the Light. Plus, Med'an being possessed by evil doesn't necessarily preclude him from using the Light. For example, Saiden Dathoran was able to use the Light long after he was possessed by Balnazzar.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Titans have long held the power to use the Light. Plus, Med'an being possessed by evil doesn't necessarily preclude him from using the Light. For example, Saiden Dathoran was able to use the Light long after he was possessed by Balnazzar.

He is still right it's just he wouldn't use the Light if being possessed by a dark evil being. It'd just be disposing of a toll they don't need. I doubt Med'an possesed by Sargeras is involved. These forums have a sexual hatred of Med'an.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Gelhiss View Post
    iirc the holy light will always work if you have enough faith in your goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    iirc the holy light will always work if you have enough faith in your goals.
    Wouldn't matter anyways. A Shadowy demon wouldn't want to use the Light anyways. It'd be like Ragnaros trying to use water spells. It'd be pretty suicidal.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi