Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ignoring moderator/admin

Curious why this is not allowed. I would like to ignore Nobleshield because he is a terrible person. Somehow he was allowed to remain as a moderator even though he advocated that people should kill themselves. I would like to never read anything he says again. So why are moderators/admins immune from ignores?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they're allowed to be special authoritive snowflakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

I don't think this is going to go very far, especially because you actually named the guy.

But, I do agree - you should be able to ignore moderator posts. It shouldn't make you immune from their moderating, but there are some who you'd be better off not having to read the posts of.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I don't think this is going to go very far, especially because you actually named the guy.

But, I do agree - you should be able to ignore moderator posts. It shouldn't make you immune from their moderating, but there are some who you'd be better off not having to read the posts of.
    I only felt it was appropriate to mention his name because like 2 months ago he was going to be disciplined but nothing ever happened.

There almost needs to be two types of posts for moderators, "Offical" posts and "unoffical" ones. So if a moderator wants to comment on a topic they can but they have the same privileges as everyone else. Then there is there "official mode" which cannot be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginantonicus View Post
    There almost needs to be two types of posts for moderators, "Offical" posts and "unoffical" ones. So if a moderator wants to comment on a topic they can but they have the same privileges as everyone else. Then there is there "official mode" which cannot be ignored.
    almost every one would always use "the official" mode on a consistent basis though, it always happens when there's a way for someone to comment on something that shows authority.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Yeah, see a lot of borderline bootlicking like the green MVP posts on Blizz forums. Still, in before the lock.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone would ignore the bot modelator then (Scrabbot). Not that is a bad thing.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Everyone would ignore the bot modelator then (Scrabbot). Not that is a bad thing.
    You prob could make it work with ignoring green ones and maybe blue, while not red, which would work mostly. The higher tiers tend to be more distanced from the general population anyhow.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Moderators have to walk a very thin line, a very difficult position to interpret what are not always clear cut rules.
    If a moderator's behaviour is out of line, then it should be dealt with via proper channels.
    Naming and shaming is not going to achieve anything, and nor do we know for certain what did or did not happen as a result of those complaints.

They are human also, they can make mistakes.
    Deal with them the ways that have been presented for that purpose.
    Ignoring what they have to say won't solve anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Moderators have to walk a very thin line, a very difficult position to interpret what are not always clear cut rules.
    If a moderator's behaviour is out of line, then it should be dealt with via proper channels.
    Naming and shaming is not going to achieve anything, and nor do we know for certain what did or did not happen as a result of those complaints.

Using the proper channels is one thing. But when nothing ever seems to get done when using said channels, then the system needs to be fixed. Ignoring certain mods' comments would be a godsend. There are a few on here that i can't stand to see anything they type because it's usually a bunch of bullshit spewing from their mouths. I can think of one mod in particular who LOVES to completely derail threads with her over analytical/anal nature. Being able to ignore her would be the best gift EVER.

I can actually get behind this. Good idea OP.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Why do I have the feeling that the mods are currently getting suited up in riot control clothing and gas grenades?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

I actually remember reading the comment the OP is referencing. I personally found it somewhat humorous. But I could see why it'd be offensive to others.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I dont know whats going on in here but i like the pitchforks and the lil fires on sticks you guys are carrying, so im in.

As always, if you have an issue with a Moderator, just message an Administrator, Sunshine I think is your best bet.

The reason you can't ignore a Moderator though, is because you'd be able to avoid warnings or infractions that way, which despite your views on an individual, is not going to help the community here.

Jajaja there seems to be a misunderstanding. A moderator is just someone who cleans up trash posts while going about their business in the sub forum they frequent. You shouldn't look at them differently just because they're a moderator. If you come across and argument with one then just argue with him, no big deal. Seeking to ignore the mod (or anyone) I sort of a weak solution. Only reason to use ignore is if someone makes a lot of stupid threads. Not for individual posts.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    As always, if you have an issue with a Moderator, just message an Administrator, Sunshine I think is your best bet.

The reason you can't ignore a Moderator though, is because you'd be able to avoid warnings or infractions that way, which despite your views on an individual, is not going to help the community here.
    I believe you get infractions also MAILED to you, and it's mentioned in your own post so that wouldn't be a problem if you ignore the author of a post...

10+ Year Old Account
    Moderators cannot be ignored as they are to do their jobs on this forum as well. Though. What I would like you to do, is take this up with the moderators in general, as making threads about how moderation is done, or how some are - is not going to serve your topic well.

I would like to give you answers, candy and trees - but I hold no power outside workshop. But, would once again, advise on taking contact personally and then allow moderators to have a talk with you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Problem being when you get told to stop something, from a mod you've put on ignore, and then get infracted/banning "without a warning".

Obviously it's annoying when you can't ignore the person, but the other can give troubles too.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away