Deleted

Need help to upgrade computer for streaming!

So some years ago ( i think 2 or 3 ) i did build my own computer and now i would like to upgrade it.

So what do i have at the moment?

Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus Midi Tower
    Fläktar: 1x 200mm Front, 1x 120mm Bak, mATX, ATX,

Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5
    PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI, HDMI, 2xmini-DisplayPort,

Crucial DDR3 BallistiX 1600MHz 4GB CL8
    Kit w/2x 2GB BallistiX modules, CL8-8-8-24, 1.65V

ASUS M4A88T-M, Socket-AM3
    mATX, AMD880G+SB710, DDR3, 1xPCIe(2.0)x16, VGA, DV

Cooler Master GX 750W PSU
    ATX 12V V2.31, 80 Plus, Standard, 4x 6+2pin PCIe,

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
    Six Core, 2,8GHZ/3,3GHz Turbo, AM3, 9MB, 125W, Box

WD Scorpio 500GB
    2,5", 5400RPM, 8MB Cache

This have been working out just fine for now but i stream and would like to be able to stream with a higher bitrate and quality.

My internet connection is 100/100 so that wont be a problem.

So what is my problem, just upgrade right?
    Well last time i got help from a friend thats knows stuff about computers (im not very good at these stuff), But he is not around to help me any longer.

I dont know what i should upgrade and whats compatible with the stuff i have atm.
    Do I just need to buy some new parts or do i actully need to buy whole new computer?

My budget is around 2000$

Deleted
    Get one of them intel processors instead... the 4xxx series or 3xxx series would work fine, then overclock it (not sure if it's as OC friendly as e.g. sandy)

Get GTX 770 or 780, that should last you awhile.

Rest is fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    Get one of them intel processors instead... the 4xxx series or 3xxx series would work fine, then overclock it (not sure if it's as OC friendly as e.g. sandy)

Get GTX 770 or 780, that should last you awhile.

Rest is fine
    Would these be a good choice and compatible with the motherboard?

ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PhysX CUDA
    DirectCU II OC, with Assassin's Creed IV, Splinter Cell, Batman Arkham Origins

Intel Core i7-4770K
    Socket-LGA1150, Quad Core, 3.5GHz, 8MB, 84W, HD4600, Boxed w/fan, Haswell

Edit:

Is this one ALOT better then the 770?

ASUS GeForce GTX 780 3GB PhysX CUDA
    Last edited by mmoc65bb72707a; 2013-12-23 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SetoD View Post
    Would these be a good choice and compatible with the motherboard?

ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PhysX CUDA

Intel Core i7-4770K
    Socket-LGA1150, Quad Core, 3.5GHz, 8MB, 84W, HD4600, Boxed w/fan, Haswell
    With a $2k budget, you can(and should) get a whole new rig, especially if you plan on streaming @ 1080p. What country are you from?
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    With a $2k budget, you can(and should) get a whole new rig, especially if you plan on streaming @ 1080p. What country are you from?
    I'm from Sweden!

Weird, I used to have the exact same processor and gpu. Deja-vu!
    Also, I'd recommend getting a capture card - saves you the trouble of annoying fps lag.

Deleted
    Some People habe told me that i only need a new graphics card and cpu.

What do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by SetoD View Post
    Some People habe told me that i only need a new graphics card and cpu.

What do you recommend?
    You would also need a new motherboard and new memory and likely a new PSU(I wouldn't trust the one you got with anything expensive) and a SSD to improve load times and make stream-watchers happy that they aren't staring at loading screens for very long, etc.

A new build will contain something like the following.

CPU ~ i7-4670k
    CPU Cooler ~ Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
    Motherboard ~ MSI Z87-G43 Gaming ATX or a ASRock Z87M Extreme4 mATX (depending on what case you get)
    Memory ~ 2x4GB(2 sticks of 4GB) 1600mhz memory, g.skill, crucial, corsair, whatever it cheapest usually works.
    SSD ~ Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    HDD ~ WD Caviar Blue 1/2TB or Seagate Barracuda 1/2TB
    Power Supply ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Bronze rated is generally fairly priced.
    Case ~ Fractal Define R4, or you can just re-use your current case.
    GPU ~ Geforce GTX 780/780ti Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA are all good ones to pick from and come with nicer coolers than the stock ones.
    Disc Drive ~ Grab a cheap one, they usually run around 10-15

I'll snoop around and see if I can find a site that I can work with.

edit : Are you talking euros or dollars when you listed your budget? Pretty big difference there.

And www.oc.nu seems to be a decent site to get parts off of if my google-fu is correct, though browsing it through google translate is a bit of a pain in the ass.

Probably best off waiting for someone else(someone from the UK/EU would be nice) to chip in here
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-12-23 at 12:10 PM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    You would also need a new motherboard and new memory and likely a new PSU(I wouldn't trust the one you got with anything expensive) and a SSD to improve load times and make stream-watchers happy that they aren't staring at loading screens for very long, etc.

A new build will contain something like the following.

CPU ~ i7-4670k
    CPU Cooler ~ Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
    Motherboard ~ MSI Z87-G43 Gaming ATX or a ASRock Z87M Extreme4 mATX (depending on what case you get)
    Memory ~ 2x4GB(2 sticks of 4GB) 1600mhz memory, g.skill, crucial, corsair, whatever it cheapest usually works.
    SSD ~ Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    HDD ~ WD Caviar Blue 1/2TB or Seagate Barracuda 1/2TB
    Power Supply ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Bronze rated is generally fairly priced.
    Case ~ Fractal Define R4, or you can just re-use your current case.
    GPU ~ Geforce GTX 780/780ti Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA are all good ones to pick from and come with nicer coolers than the stock ones.
    Disc Drive ~ Grab a cheap one, they usually run around 10-15

I'll snoop around and see if I can find a site that I can work with.

edit : Are you talking euros or dollars when you listed your budget? Pretty big difference there.

And www.oc.nu seems to be a decent site to get parts off of if my google-fu is correct, though browsing it through google translate is a bit of a pain in the ass.

Probably best off waiting for someone else(someone from the UK/EU would be nice) to chip in here
    Holy shit man!
    This is awsome, thx alot for the help i will check it all out

Edit:
    Thats Dollars btw
    Last edited by mmoc65bb72707a; 2013-12-23 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to do streaming look into the Shadowplay software that comes with the latest Nvidia drivers. It uses the GPU to capture and compress the files and I believe it also allows you to stream directly to twitch, so IMO, there is no need for a dedicated capture card these days.

Intel i7 4770k @ 4.79Ghz | Corsair H110 | Gigabyte Z87X-OC | Corsair HX1050 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Asus Strix GTX 1070 | 4 x 2TB WD Green HDD | 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD | Corsair Carbide 500R Black/Orange | Corsair Scimitar Mouse | Logitech G710+ Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by JosephStylin View Post
    If you want to do streaming look into the Shadowplay software that comes with the latest Nvidia drivers. It uses the GPU to capture and compress the files and I believe it also allows you to stream directly to twitch, so IMO, there is no need for a dedicated capture card these days.
    It was just released with the last Geforce experience build and is in beta. I would use Open Broadcast Software, its free and does the job quite well.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.