Question Rogue pvp lvling

Hi guys(and girls), I'm a long time reader first time writer. I haven't found a thread für 5.4 that says at which lvl it may be starting to make fun for a rogue to make pvp. I played a rogue long time ago so I'm far from a rogue pro. But right now it feels impossible for me to kill anything except other rogues when I find them first(at least in WG). Before I say anything more, my rogue is lvl 11 right now and playing in combat specc(because I got no daggers)I know that at this lvl point healers are unkillable....I got no stun, no interrupt, no slow, no cast slow....so yeah...I got nothing.

Because I don't want to make this thread unreadable I'm gonna make this short.

At which lvl should it make fun as rogue...or better said....at which point am I able to kill someone and in which specc?

Deleted
    I would say no lvls untill 90 is balanced pvp and even in 90 its not balanced.
    LvL 11 was not made for pvp you are supposed to quest and lvl start pvping when you get to max level.
    And you are acyually very lucky because rogues are very OP if played right.
    (they can basicly oneshot in opener)

Well, first of all lets make something clear. If you do not have any Heirloom gear equiped, I do not advice you to do any PvP until you go to 60 lvl and get the PvP gear from vendor. Most players that do Bgs in low levels have Heirloom gear and weapons enchanted with OP enchants like Dancing Steel etc and it will be almost impossible for you to kill anything while they will be able to one shot you when you are out of stealth.
    On the other hand, Rogues with Heirloom gear can one shot players with Ambush. Subtetly is the best PvP spec atm with Asassination on second choice. Combat is viable for Bgs but not for low level because it is too much dependant on cooldowns and they are long. The Haste requirements for the spec to be strong are very big and that makes combat even more unreliable for low level brackets.
    My advice is to get some nice blue level Daggers and go try Subtetly spec.

ok thanks for the answers. I got all heirlooms except 2nd trinket and the rings. I'm farming justice points right now to buy the daggers. Is there a special combination for the daggers like 1 pvp 1 pve because of the speed or does it even matter?

Deleted
    im 13 on my loltwink and pretty much 2 shot everyone in bgs ..combat low level is just pants..get daggers and go mut or sub, daggers are key tho get 2x loom daggers and pop elemental force on them use high enchants on your other looms ..i use pve dagger in mh for stats and pvp dagger in oh for resi/stam.chuck good enchants on looms and whatever is cheapest on your greens if you have a 90 farm all the loom trinkets they come in handy depending on what the opposite team is like and swap them out accordingly. the only people you want to avoid in low bgs imo are hunters and monks since we had sprint took away low levels are mobility is shite so best bet is to open and nuke

happy stabbing ^^
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A1ss/advanced
    Last edited by mmoc74688fa24c; 2013-12-28 at 04:46 AM.

I twink on my Elemental shaman and with my other healing characters in the 14 bracket. If you're up against a healer, don't fight. If you're up against anyone with a snare, don't fight. You're lucky to kill someone in an ambush that doesn't have heirlooms but yeah.

I can easily counter Rogues on any character that has a snare, healer, tank, what have you. They used to be really overpowered, but now people know how to counter them properly.

Is Elemental Force even worth using? I've used double DS with both Nightstalker and Subterfuge (Found Subterfuge to be the best way to kill Prots, Nightstalker for everyone else) and it's been ridiculously good (Upto 28, gets better at 30 with Premed, CS and an on-Use trinket from SM). I've read it procs frequently but is the damage good enough to warrant using it over DS/DS? I've not seen another Rogue using anything but DS/DS is all.

Over 60 seconds, DS does twice the amount of damage EF does. DS also scales better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuditea View Post
    Over 60 seconds, DS does twice the amount of damage EF does. DS also scales better.
    That's what I'd thought. It's exceptional with Subterfuge because double DS is up for the second Hambush while with Nightstalker it's just boosting your followup damage, which is feeble compared. Just sucks that your regen is awful and you can't use Subterfuge without anyone with half a brain moving away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Just sucks that your regen is awful and you can't use Subterfuge without anyone with half a brain moving away from you.
    With the low energy lvling shadow focus is going to beat everything out. You will do a lot more burst than anything else.

thanks for all the infos....I got all pve armor heirlooms (except the rings) and the 2 pvp daggers. I thought they are better because they are slower...at least thats what my logic said. Higher weapon dmg higher crits. But I can be wrong...I'm normaly playing warrior. I just don't like how warriors are right now. Everybody that has no skill can rule in pvp to a certain point. But I'm not such a big pvp guy at all so I took the pve heirlooms so I can lvl with my druid friend who wants to lvl via pve.

I enchanted the weapons with DS. In my opinion the best enchant...if some enchant would be better then it would be a dmg on procc enchant. And I was to lazy to surch for such a enchant.

By the way...my main language is german so don't hyperventilate because of my grammer or anything. I think my english is more than readable and understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    With the low energy lvling shadow focus is going to beat everything out. You will do a lot more burst than anything else.
    To use my own numbers (28). If I use Nighstalker, I will generally hit with Hambush for around 800 damage without Zerking or existing DS procs. I have crit 2.1k with a Hambush with Nightstalker, double DS and Zerking. I've also killed people in the time it takes them to react to Subterfuge, as the second Hambush does similar damage levels to a Nightstalker hit but with the downside of having barely enough Energy for a Hemo into Evisc combo.

I struggle to see how Shadow Focus could even come close. You'd lose 50% of the initial hit due to no Nightstalker, lose out on Hambush damage from Subterfuge. I could see it being potentially good if you're running double EF and you're just spamming as much shit as possible fishing for procs but I'm truly at a loss as to how SF could ever top SuF or NS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asdilo View Post
    Hi guys(and girls), I'm a long time reader first time writer. I haven't found a thread für 5.4 that says at which lvl it may be starting to make fun for a rogue to make pvp. I played a rogue long time ago so I'm far from a rogue pro. But right now it feels impossible for me to kill anything except other rogues when I find them first(at least in WG). Before I say anything more, my rogue is lvl 11 right now and playing in combat specc(because I got no daggers)I know that at this lvl point healers are unkillable....I got no stun, no interrupt, no slow, no cast slow....so yeah...I got nothing.

Because I don't want to make this thread unreadable I'm gonna make this short.

At which lvl should it make fun as rogue...or better said....at which point am I able to kill someone and in which specc?
    I leveled my rogue 10-90 with pvp only. Rogue is after hunters and disco priests the most OP class in low lvl pvp. Go sub, get 2 daggers, enchant them, full heirlooms and oneshot your way to 90. As a rogue, dont 1v5 guys. Try to pick your targets. Enemies with no team mates close, enemies already in combat and easy to kill classes (monk,warlock,druid,shamy,rogues). Don't try to 1v1 healers with heirlooms and without your stuns.

10+ Year Old Account
    just get full PvE heirloom gear and enchant all of it, then spec subtlety. Enchant the weapons with Elemental force, it procs very frequently for like 250 at low levels. You will kill people in the opening ambush, especially once you hit 15 and pick up nightstalker.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    I leveled my rogue 10-90 with pvp only. Rogue is after hunters and disco priests the most OP class in low lvl pvp. Go sub, get 2 daggers, enchant them, full heirlooms and oneshot your way to 90. As a rogue, dont 1v5 guys. Try to pick your targets. Enemies with no team mates close, enemies already in combat and easy to kill classes (monk,warlock,druid,shamy,rogues). Don't try to 1v1 healers with heirlooms and without your stuns.
    If you want to kill healers at early levels, roll a blood elf. I leveled a rogue in PvP (mostly) and I found killing heirloomed up healers extremely easy from level 10 as long as Arcane Torrent is up, they're almost dead from the opener and AT lets you finish them off.

It's possible to further twink healers to absurd levels by twinking them with the best possible slots and enchants for everything at level 10 etc but most people don't bother (not to mention you can do this yourself if you like). You just want to look at their hit points before opening, it seems like a lot of bgs now have one or two uber-twinks and they're hopeless if you're not similarily geared.

(I'm not sure what people are using to get 4.5k hit points toons at level 10, enchanting white bracers, gloves etc with the scaling chants?)
    Last edited by jaakkeli; 2013-12-28 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    (I'm not sure what people are using to get 4.5k hit points toons at level 10, enchanting white bracers, gloves etc with the scaling chants?)
    Yes, as well as certain enchants not scaling down (Heavy Borean Armor Kit for example) as they should do and people exploiting scroll buffs so they give drastically more health.