Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    1. Google has tons of definitions, no surprise there. Picking one was likely more of a challenge.
    2. You only came in because the title "is stupid". Yep, sounds like a legit reason to click a thread title.
    3. Falling over laughing at people who take things to seriously is more of a mocking and not really a condescension at all.
    4. And yet here you are, once again, talking to me in my own thread. Coincidence? I think not
    5. My idea was simply an idea. It is for others to discuss, but I don't find any idea to be bad. Some might be far-fetched or unusable, but not bad. Bad is a matter of perception to the individual. Since my opinion is the only one I ever find useful, I fail to see it as bad. Oh, and that makes me a narcissist, not a condescender.
    1. False, type something in google and it give you a definition.
    2. Yes.
    3. Mocking = looking down = condescending.
    4. Yes, its a coincidence.
    5. "Simple" ideas can be bad, and this one is bad.
    6. You're both a narcissist and condescending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    1. False, type something in google and it give you a definition.
    2. Yes.
    3. Mocking = looking down = condescending.
    4. Yes, its a coincidence.
    5. "Simple" ideas can be bad, and this one is bad.
    6. You're both a narcissist and condescending.
    con·de·scend·ing (knd-sndng)
    adj.
    Displaying a patronizingly superior attitude
    mock (mk)
    v. mocked, mock·ing, mocks
    v.tr.
    1. To treat with ridicule or contempt; deride.
    a. To mimic, as in sport or derision. See Synonyms at ridicule.
    b. To imitate; counterfeit.
    3. To frustrate the hopes of; disappoint.
    So I checked both definitions and the synonyms for each. Turns out they are not the same meaning. I know it is killing you not being right, but the sting is likely more since it is someone like me pointing out your inaccuracies.

Now, if we can get back to the topic. Fatigue should be removed. It is as outdated as reagents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Superman, you seem more interested in responding to the people who you think are insulting you, not the people who are offering refutes to your idea. I'm just going to repeat what I brought up earlier, for your consideration.
    The fact that flying mounts can fly indefinitely without tiring (or running out of fuel in the case of the non-organic) in-game is quite enough of a suspension of my willing disbelief. Giving flying mounts the ability to make incredibly long trips over vast ocean that can last anywhere from a few days to a week? Yeah, no.

Aside from that, this would trivialize travel. There is such a thing as too much convenience. This idea is pushing the envelope.
    I agree, removing fatigue would be yet another blow to an immersive game world.

I would much prefer that fatigue be added to both players and mounts, such that after running for a certain distance a players speed is reduced to walking speed whilst his fatigue bar replenishes, with a similar effect for ground based mounts. Flying mounts would be forced to land (or drop out of the sky) after travelling a long distance.
    Last edited by mmoc8d61f1f14c; 2013-12-23 at 07:45 PM.

So I checked both definitions and the synonyms for each. Turns out they are not the same meaning. I know it is killing you not being right, but the sting is likely more since it is someone like me pointing out your inaccuracies.

Now, if we can get back to the topic. Fatigue should be removed. It is as outdated as reagents.
    False. Here is more information: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/condescending

OT: False.

10+ Year Old Account
    False. Here is more information: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/condescending

OT: False.
    You did read the definition you quoted right? No where in it does it mention mockery, nor does it classify my action as condescension. Falling over laughing at someone for being too serious is mockery. Telling them their opinion doesn't matter because they are either too young or too stupid to comprehend is condescension. Since this is a forum, and not an English lesson I will return to the topic at hand as I am growing weary of explaining definitions to you. (BTW - that was condescension)

On Topic (and staying on topic): Fatigue has become irrelevant. I find it hard to justify that I can fly non-stop from MoonGlade to Uldum and never grow tired, just step off the sandbar on the coast and I am just so tired. Makes no sense, and never really did. It should be removed.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2013-12-23 at 08:02 PM.

Mocking you is not the same thing. Knowing I am smarter than you and proving it, that is condescension. Personally, I think you just can't stand the sight of me and feel the urge to comment on any thread I am in with some failed attempts to make me look inferior or stupid. You might try to avoid putting words you don't understand the meaning of into your responses. It invalidates your argument. I use Google. You should too.

- - - Updated - - -

Hate to break it to you, since it obviously bothers you, but I am exactly the kind of person Blizz caters to. I hated losing a bag slot for ammo, hated having to feed my pet, hated having to carry around reagents, hated only having mounts available by character, hated not having account wide achievements, and so on. I am no saying I am the reason they made all that happen, I am saying it to show more than one person agrees with me in certain cases and Blizz is happy to oblige. I get why people storm in here to tell me short stupid answers like "No. Deal With it. Get over yourself." They are afraid. Afraid the right person will be in the thread at the right time and take the idea seriously. It's ok. I get that you are all a little worried. Considering what I and the rest of my fellow casuals have accomplished thus far, it is only a matter of time before we get more casual stuff like Toy boxes, tabard tabs, and player housing... oh wait... 6.0.

- - - Updated - - -

I was not offering the flight speed to everyone. I was simply suggesting REMOVING fatigue from everyone. They would not move faster, they just would not die. Too bad you went and got in trouble. I was so hoping to hear what you had to say next.
    Bothering me?! LOL I'm laughing at the size of your ego. By bringing up that little list of yours you are saying exactly that Blizzard made all those changes because of you. Get over yourself bro.

Deleted
    Oh, it's the same guy that wanted to get rid of "elitists" in dungeons and battleground !

I should be removed.
    Here I agree with you totally

i think we should also remove flying ceiling, I mean whats the purpose of it???

Deleted
    Im fine with removing Fatigue, but pls dont waste developer time on useless stuff.

Since we have more than enough portals no lvl 90 char has to wait for any boats and shit anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger78 View Post
    Here I agree with you totally
    I see what you did there Too funny. I went back and fixed it though :P

You did read the definition you quoted right? No where in it does it mention mockery, nor does it classify my action as condescension. Falling over laughing at someone for being too serious is mockery. Telling them their opinion doesn't matter because they are either too young or too stupid to comprehend is condescension. Since this is a forum, and not an English lesson I will return to the topic at hand as I am growing weary of explaining definitions to you. (BTW - that was condescension)

On Topic (and staying on topic): Fatigue has become irrelevant. I find it hard to justify that I can fly non-stop from MoonGlade to Uldum and never grow tired, just step off the sandbar on the coast and I am just so tired. Makes no sense, and never really did. I should be removed.
    Sigh... Once again, I'm going to repost this for your consideration.

The fact that flying mounts can fly indefinitely without tiring (or running out of fuel in the case of the non-organic) in-game is quite enough of a suspension of my willing disbelief. Giving flying mounts the ability to make incredibly long trips over vast ocean that can last anywhere from a few days to a week? Yeah, no.

Aside from that, this would trivialize travel. There is such a thing as too much convenience. This idea is pushing the envelope.
    You can't use the already-strained suspension of disbelief to justify straining that disbelief even further. Realistically, you wouldn't be able to fly non-stop from Moonglade to Uldum and never grow tired. So what makes you think that you should be able to fly across continents and not grow tired?

There's nothing wrong with fatigue as it is. Like I said, this idea will trivialize travel more than it's already trivialized as a given. The reason you've given for the removal of fatigue is frankly not a good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    i think we should also remove flying ceiling, I mean whats the purpose of it???
    True... had not thought of that. Outlands likely does not have oxygen either, so I would not matter. Without a ceiling, we could fly to Outlands. This idea has possibility!

(totally not serious )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Sigh... Once again, I'm going to repost this for your consideration.

You can't use the already-strained suspension of disbelief to justify straining that disbelief even further. Realistically, you wouldn't be able to fly non-stop from Moonglade to Uldum and never grow tired. So what makes you think that you should be able to fly across continents and not grow tired?

There's nothing wrong with fatigue as it is. Like I said, this idea will trivialize travel more than it's already trivialized as a given. The reason you've given for the removal of fatigue is frankly not a good one.
    Well then they need to add Mount fatigue into land travel. You can only fly so far and then you are force to use a Land Mount until your flight fatigue CD resets. It makes no sense to keep it unless there is MORE fatigue which explains it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms and each of the expansion continents run on their own servers. That is part of how WoW runs so well on so many systems. So while it may seem like a fun idea, imagine if you are that suchandsuch huge percentage of WoW players that are using a Wal-mart brand PC or Laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

On Topic (and staying on topic): Fatigue has become irrelevant. I find it hard to justify that I can fly non-stop from MoonGlade to Uldum and never grow tired, just step off the sandbar on the coast and I am just so tired. Makes no sense, and never really did. I should be removed.
    Yes, and you are mocking and condescending. Its not very hard to understand.

OT: If its irrelevant, then it doesn't need to be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger78 View Post
    Bothering me?! LOL I'm laughing at the size of your ego. By bringing up that little list of yours you are saying exactly that Blizzard made all those changes because of you. Get over yourself bro.
    I am not saying I am the reason they made all that happen, I am saying it to show more than one person agrees with me in certain cases and Blizz is happy to oblige.
    You are SO bothered in fact, you failed to read it. You just quoted it and got passive aggressive. If you have nothing more to add to the topic, but only wish to continue on this path, I wish you well and will not be responding. Enough of you people have tried derailing the thread, and I am resolve to putting it back on track.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms and each of the expansion continents run on their own servers. That is part of how WoW runs so well on so many systems. So while it may seem like a fun idea, imagine if you are that suchandsuch huge percentage of WoW players that are using a Wal-mart brand PC or Laptop.
    I do always feel bad for the folks who cannot afford a decent gaming system. It must make raiding a challenge too.

- - - Updated - - -

If its irrelevant, then it doesn't need to be changed.
    Irrelevant items are removed from this game almost on a monthly basis. Something emerges which no longer serves a purpose is removed. Ammunition, flint and tinder, reagents, class trainers. Though the last one is still being repurposed for respeccing. If it no longer serves a purpose, it should be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surely not against it, as it would be a more interesting mechanic than forcing you to use somewhat unorthodox methods when you can fly. The fatigue mechanic was made so you don't fly out to the edge of the map you're on, which if you've ever done this or seen it using not-so-friendly methods you meet the end of a large rectangle and the water just stops and the sky continues.

I'd be interested in seeing a fog that takes over the screen momentarily while you load into the next continent, hopefully maintaining the latitude in which you used to fly towards it so you can aim for a specific zone and not end up taking weird routes. I'm also curious to know the performance requirement needed to simply connect everything and if there would be a way to load these on-demand without any major performance issue. You can load Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms all at once, perhaps if you got far enough away from one it would unload it, but seeing as you still glitch for a second with CRZ I doubt that would ever happen properly.

The changes required to do this would be great though, and id rather see them update the top part of the Eastern Kingdoms and Silvermoon, as well as Exodar (and surrounding areas) for flying. Similar issue, as if you were to take an aerial view of Silvermoon it would look like empty space and swiss cheese, and that's a complex city.

Even at 500% flight speed, it'd still take longer to reach the edge of fatigue waters reasonably far enough away to induce this theoretical loading screen than it would to simply wait for the damn boat.

Also, for those discussing the unification of all of the world servers, no, that definitely isn't going to happen. The game would require a MASSIVE structural and server overhaul in order for that to happen, when there's honestly very little justification or reasoning to encourage such an enormous overhaul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Even at 500% flight speed, it'd still take longer to reach the edge of fatigue waters reasonably far enough away to induce this theoretical loading screen than it would to simply wait for the damn boat.
    You would not even go that far. I would say 5-7 seconds off the coast and the loading screen would hit, then pick your destination, and you are then routed to that server (continent), and then fly ashore. Pretty easy concept and much faster than a boat Would only really be applicable for lvl 85+ anyway.

Irrelevant items are removed from this game almost on a monthly basis. Something emerges which no longer serves a purpose is removed. Ammunition, flint and tinder, reagents, class trainers. Though the last one is still being repurposed for respeccing. If it no longer serves a purpose, it should be removed.
    But it serves a purpose.