Deleted

[BrM] Malkork Ranking

Anyone that has ranked high on malkorok (10m) got any tips available?

I got 30th two weeks ago (i fucked last week up) but i really want to work on getting something higher. Armoury link is below (I'm in the midst of a change of reforges and gems and the kind of DPS we are talking about here 30 crit and 60 haste wont fix so unless I'm really in the wrong ball park please be gentle when it comes to all that)

Thanks in advance peeps <3

</Suplift>

WOL --> http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12021#Suplift
    Armoury --> http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...plift/advanced
    Last edited by mmocbf7bf77c98; 2013-12-23 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention raid size :p

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid my Malkork ranking is pretty terrible because I swap to mastery pieces and put on stam trinkets but it seems like one of the easier bosses to be cheesed for higher DPS.

First guess I would think is to go from the normal 15 stacks and pick up something like 30 with massive healing and trying to keep up your bubble. Really as you could go is better as long as you don't get wiped out in a blood rage from stacks.

Also having more External and Raid CD's would be great for stacking and having to purify a lot less inside of blood rage when you have the high vengeance up.

I'm not sure what would be the BiS trinkets for this fight on DPS, but I use Thok Tail Tip because it scales more than agi for a high vengeance fight and can help me survive via healing crit increase.

As always though world first ranks on these types of fights are all about vengeance cheesing so that should be your main objective.

Edit: not sure if your only getting blood rage or two but you could probably go double DPS trinkets and take off that stam Cool-down Reduction Trinket

Take higher stacks of the debuff, and don't use Fort Brew glyph. The 10% more hp means you gain more vengeance as you should be vengeance capped during that phase. Sadly, that raid comp doesn't lend itself to offering external cooldowns to benefit the tank like Pain Suppress, Vigilance, Hand of Sac. You really only gain Ironbark from that comp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Take higher stacks of the debuff, and don't use Fort Brew glyph. The 10% more hp means you gain more vengeance as you should be vengeance capped during that phase. Sadly, that raid comp doesn't lend itself to offering external cooldowns to benefit the tank like Pain Suppress, Vigilance, Hand of Sac. You really only gain Ironbark from that comp.
    Yeah last week we had a much better comp (war, pala, disc, Rdrood) Taking off fort brew seems like a great idea i didn't think of that. I think next raid i will solo after Blood Rage, i should have enough vengeance with the stacks to keep guard up so the point where i'm not getting raped and if it gets un manageable then i will just drop them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdogs View Post
    not sure if your only getting blood rage or two but you could probably go double DPS trinkets and take off that stam Cool-down Reduction Trinket
    I'm running TED and Multi-strike for that fight, I changed trinkets a lot so the armoury isn't the best representation of my gear se up for that boss, i just linked it for limited reference

Solo tank it all the way would be my advice.

On progression we had a couple attempts of "OMG pally tank died for no reason with the very first 5 stacks, let's keep going and see where this gets us" and i solo tanked the entire phase 1 + blood rage (zenmed there) with crit reforges, DPS cloak and haroom + TED.

I can only assume that with more gear and no second blood rage it should be a doable, i already did plenty of times on normal.

Deleted
    Would be a waste of time to try to cheese that fight. Rank on fights that don't require your guild to change anything and get good at doing dog before risking peoples time for a high rank on malkorok.

That being said you could simply take all stacks. have off tank solo tank blood rage and then go again with the solo tanking. Or have him taunt in time before the blood rage and solo tank it and keep the boss afterwards.

And figure out how long your guild takes to kill it. so you know weither or not to delay xuen a bit on pull or not.

Deleted
    Hey
    I've managed to grab a hold of a few good ranks on most bosses, and really, ranking on Malkorok basiclly comes down to the same fundamental things as any other boss does: sacrificing some form of survivability and smoothness for extra DPS. What big difference between a good Malkorok attempt (dps wise for me) and a bad one comes down to these few points:

Raid DPS: If you're popping xuen at the start, you want the fight to end as close to 3:45-3:50 as possible, as this will give you the most uptime of Xuen possible. The more raid dps you have (up until the point where you don't get full benifit of 2 xuens) the more dps you will have by the end, since after the blood rage, your dps will diminish. I've had alot of good attempts, where I'd hit almost 500k dps by the end if not one of the dps'ers would have died, proloning the fight with 20 sec and dropping my dps.
    Stacks: Yes, getting alot of stacks really boost the vengance here. I'm not sure what's best here, either getting 30 stacks of the bat which transitions nicely into your xuen, or trying to have a few stacks (5-6) with you into the blood rage for even more vengance during that phase. My best attempt so far was getting 30 stacks first, followed by 15-20, then 0 for the blood rage followed by tanking the rest of the fight solo.
    Cleaving: This actually matters. The slime will give some nice extra dps for you if position yourself for keg smash to hit atleast once or twice each slime.
    Just pure DPS whoring: And the final, and probably most important point: Be a total dick to the rest of your raid. I know I am sometimes, and I'm not proud of it. "Do I really need to purify now, even though I have 230% stagger? I mean, it is half a blackout kick I'm loosing." If you're really dying to get good ranks, you have to be more of a burden to your healers, atleast during the early stacks (during the later stacks, let's say 20-30, I still recommend purifying after each or every other hit, just for survival (dead brewmasters do no dps)).

Myself, I'm going as hard into the crit tree as I can, and trying to remove all my haste and putting it into crit>mastery. I'm somewhere around 4,5k haste as it is, and 22-23k crit, rockin' 6-7k mastery and taking 30 stacks is usually fine, sometimes even easy depending on the rng.

Edit: But yeah, I'd recommend talking to your guild about trying to push ranks before you do something like this. If it's only casually ranking you want, then go for it, but if you're pushing top 10's, they should get to know why you keep dying all the time.
    Last edited by mmocf9482540e4; 2013-12-23 at 08:33 PM.

Get taken down to 35% and then get a shield on. This should allow you to use expel harm over jab.

Expel Harm does 1 damage on the fight.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Stacks: Yes, getting alot of stacks really boost the vengance here. I'm not sure what's best.
    Yeah I completely agree. The way I'm intended to do it after Christmas would be to take the first half of the fight as normal, then take BR get a 2.5 mil Guard off the end of that and then just solo the second half.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Cleaving: This actually matters. The slime will give some nice extra dps for you if position yourself for keg smash to hit at least once or twice each slime.
    This is what has been hardest to do, i have been trying to ask our warlock to not triple Chaos Bolt the first slime but that's kinda like asking a flash drive to not corrupt your data the day before an assignment is due in; its not going to happen.

Thanks for all the tips though guys, from the sounds of things I'm doing all I can do without changing raid set up so I'll start talking to the raiders.

Peace.

</Suplift>