Poll: Favorite Classic GTA

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Favorite Classic GTA

So, regarding the classic old-gen GTA games what's your favorite one?

From all the characters, the locations, the graphics or the music there must be one that you enjoyed back in the day and still gives you good memories. Mine was Vice City, the first one that I played and which pulled me into the series by it's Miami visuals, Flash FM music and a slow cruise in an Oceanic by Ocean Drive...

Pick one!

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked vice city theme but can't compare it to how big and impressive San Andreas was for me (and still is now that i'm playing it on my android :P)
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Vice City all the way. So many memories.

I hated San Andreas. I hated the setting and characters.

Either San Andreas or Vice City. I think I liked Vice City better but the gameplay in San Andreas was better.

10+ Year Old Account
    San Andreas with Vice City on a close second.

San Andreas may have had better features however Vice City was and still is my favorite, the story and dialogue was much better than GTA3 and GTA:SA.

they were all great in their own right, but Vice City stands out the most because it took everything GTA3 did right, put more character depth and better story along with fun new stuff like flying vehicles that didn't have clipped wings and motorbikes
    San Andreas did many things right but also tried too hard in some areas. the gang warfare was a fun novelty for about five minutes before becoming a tedious and repetitive necessity (but later thankfully ignorable before becoming essential again), the whole weight gain system was a complete failure. it's sad though that so many gamers were apparently put off just because the player character and majority of the supporting cast were black

Hehehe I was thinking about the ???wtf video or whatever that bridged Vice City and SA and hehehe thinking about how cool GTA5 is makes me happy. Just the animation and the story and the flying and stuff are so great.

GTA SA was pretty much the game where they got everything right.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Vice City they have yet to get a selection of songs as awesome as those
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Gta 3 definitely although obviously SanAndreas had the most features

Deleted
    you know ... there were 2 2d GTAs, i reaaally liked gta 2 ... I remember playing it with friends on an 15" crt-screen and the best part were the tank-frenzies ...

(both are free to download on their homepage btw. http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/ )

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    just a big fan of the 80s in general. so vice city for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    you know ... there were 2 2d GTAs, i reaaally liked gta 2 ... I remember playing it with friends on an 15" crt-screen and the best part were the tank-frenzies ...
    Actually there are 4, but since I knew most wouldn't pick those I opted to not give much emphasis on them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    GTA: Vice City. Still have it to this day on my Steam account and after I get my new PC today sometime I plan on installing it again and having fun.

I really don't understand why so many people liked Vice City. That game was complete garbage.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    has it happened to you that you arrive at the scene for your next mission, but the radio's playing a song you really like, so you keep on driving around the block till the end of the song?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Actually there are 4, but since I knew most wouldn't pick those I opted to not give much emphasis on them.
    GTA 1 with the London 69/61 Addon, and GTA 2 ... what else? The Gameboy Color one doesn't count :P

10+ Year Old Account
    what about chinatown wars then?
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    what about chinatown wars then?
    Chinatown Wars is not part of the older generations of GTA, for the same reason GTA IV/V is not on this poll.