Lol'd @ removing paladin from horde and shaman from alliance. What are all those people supposed to do that play those classes? Just have their toon deleted and reroll?
And bringing back the min range deadzone hell no since some of the boss fights now require you to stack up real close and there goes your dps, but if they did that then give hunters back their melee weapons which were pretty much useless anyway..
But we all know that this bollocks thread is a introduce vanilla servers disguised as something else..
- - - Updated - - -
They need to work on story immersion before worrying about game play. Whether or not my hunter uses arrows is secondary to whether or not my character feels like a part of the story. Every time I have to stop and thing, "wait wtf?" about a story element that break immersion and no amount of arrows will fix it.
Nothing is going to make playing my draenei shaman in SoO feel immersive because in the story there are no draenei there and shamans don't work. Whether she has to carry little totems in her bag or not isn't going to affect that immersion.
When Wrathion is lecturing my draenei on the dangers of the Legion and how Azeroth should unity it doesn't matter if she had to feed her pet or not.
When the story isn't immersive, no amount of game mechanics will fix it.
You idiots, just wait until you have 200+ pets and need to feed them on a daily basis!
No none of these "inconveniences" or "immersion" needs to come back into the game
^the above is likewise my personal opinion and should in no way be affiliated with the official opinions and interests of Blizzard.
No, it makes sense you can shoot an enemy point-blank.3. Ranged weapons will once again need to be ranged. a 10 yard dead zone will be re-implemented.
I partially agree with this, they should be fed to keep them happy so they perform well, but there shouldn't be the risk of running away.5. Hunter and Battle Pets will need to be fed to keep them happy and to prevent them from running away.
While I would like flight removed entirely, unfortunately some zones such as Storm Peaks require it.9. Flight will be removed from Azeroth but remain in the newer territories to provide more old world immersion
Disagree with this one, it helps spread players throughout the city. Although I admit reducing the number of mailboxes to a happy medium between vanilla and modern's amount would be nice.15. All extra Auction Houses, Mailboxes, and Banks will be removed from Stormwind and Orgrimmar bringing them back to 1 each.
IIRC pet trainers didn't actually teach you abilities, but dual spec should stay it has been a great benefit- although the cost to unlock it should be increased21. Pet trainers will be included in the afore mentioned.
22. Dual specs will be removed as you can only really play one spec at a time.
Overall excellent post OP I agree with the other ones not quoted, would like to add a few more of my own:
1. Ingredients such as spices, apples, and Fresh Water once again required to cook certain recipes.
2. Classes dehomogenized, classes have distinct mechanical differences once more e.g. Druids will no longer have a ressurecting spell other than Rebirth.
3. Dungeons Wailing Caverns and Sunken Temple will be restored to their original size.
4. Mounts will no longer be able to be obtained until level 40 and level 60 for epic mounts.
5. Alchemy once again requires different types of vials for various potions.
6. Enchanting once again requires upgrading your enchanting rod to create higher level enchants.
7. New dungeons include some larger ones such as Blackrock Depths/Spire and Mauradon.
8. Guild levels and perks removed, removing the incentive to mass invite randoms for Cash Flow. IMO players should join a guild for the people in it and ease of communication/organization, not a list of passive buffs for being in one mechanically handicapping yourself if you'd rather play solo.
9. Lengthy attunement quests for raids reminiscent of the Onyxia's Lair chain.
10. Heirloom gear is removed, replaced with purchasable BoA enchantment scrolls that increase experience gained when below a certain level once attached to gear.
11. Profession specializations (such as tribal/elemental/dragonscale leatherworking) returned.
12. Reinforcements removed from Alterac Valley and Warsong Gulch.
13. Alterac Valley NPCs buffed, Korrak the Bloodrager and the Winterax trolls return to the Field of Strife.
14. Dungeon Finder removed, replaced with the Looking For Group interface from patch 3.1.0. LookingForGroup channel is only accessible when using the feature but is once again global.
15. LFR removed, replaced with the new Raid Browser. Raids have only two difficulty settings: One that starts at Flex(Normal in WoD) difficulty at the entrance and by the endboss is Normal(Heroic in WoD) difficulty, and a second that starts at Normal(Heroic) difficulty and by the endboss is Heroic(Mythic) difficulty.
16. Number of flight points reduced.
17. Portal to Pandaria in SW/Org removed, you now take a Zeppelin or Boat route to get there (like Northrend).
18. Portals to old cities in Shattrath/Dalaran/Shrine removed, portals in cities to the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands and to Cata zones except for Deephome removed.
19. Battlegrounds can once again only be queued for by talking to a Battlemaster.
20. Justice/Valor and Honor/Conquest points can be sent between characters on the same account.
21. Fishing once again requires fishing in areas of the correct level to gain experience.
22. Mining nodes, leather, and herbs take twice as long to gather.
23. During nighttime the world is much darker and ambient more how it was pre-BC.
24. Certain spells and spell upgrades are no longer taught by trainers and must once again be learned from a tome.
25. Buffs are returned to 30 minutes and group-wide buffs require reagents again. Paladin blessings once again last for only 5 minutes.
OP you could have just stated that you want Vanilla back.There was no need for that text.
Just wanted to say I support this. I'm no fan of the new laziness and stuff.
..:: Lvl 90's: 56 ::..
*Also, don't take this list too seriously. It was all in good fun. Mostly a farce to show how much things have improved.
- - - Updated - - -
- - - Updated - - -
Or you could have read the entire post and responded with something different*Also, don't take this list too seriously. It was all in good fun. Mostly a farce to show how much things have improved.
You know what, while I was leveling an undead the other day, I actually got immersed in the story for a while. It's a good opening zone and I think new players should definitely do undead to experience that. You ride along with Sylvanas and such for a while. It's really good and I'm not sort of interested in doing the other beginning zones to see what they are like.
I dunno if rolling back QoL improvements will really immerse people, but I would endorse those changes that are more "realistic." Quivers, ammo, class quests, reagents, etc make sense.
But dual-spec also makes sense, so removing it seems like a strange choice. I like rogues having to make poisons too.
People are saying that Immersion is a buzz word..
I don't really think that's true. Immersion should be one of the most important aspects of an MMORPG, if not the most. 'Tough love' back in the day made you appreciate the stuff you got to do a lot more. Felt like you actually had to overcome things to get to places, instead of essentially playing inside a utopia.
All in all, if the way the world works frustrates you, but you love it deep down, the developer is doing something right (IMO). But i'm sure the drive-thru raiders will disagree.
I find it utterly laughable that people are having ZERO issues with android monks, cyborg dwarves, and shadow-warping gunplay assassins, but they throw absolute FITS if you suggest a timejumping tomboy might be gay or that a walking artillery-platform might self-identify as female.
Apparently, the superintelligent jetpack gorilla from the Moon makes perfect sense, but chrono-displaced lesbians and transgender automatons is just ridiculous!
People throw it around, deciding that what they personally enjoy should be pushed onto everyone.
Immersion is not universal, and how much someone will get immersed in any given content will vary quite considerably.
Making something take longer will be seen by many as a chore.
If you do not enjoy something, it is not immersive.
Immersion IS in the game. It's the first boss of SoO. Jeez...some people...