So, after some recent discussion, it would seem convenience is destroying immersion. So, I would suggest putting immersion back in the game. Just so we are clear, this is my personal opinion. I speak for no one other than myself, and do NOT believe this will ever be seen by Blizz since this is not their official forum. With that in mind, here are some conveniences which need to be removed in order to improve immersion and bring back the RPG feel to the game:
1. Hunters will now be asked to give up a bag slot in exchange for a quiver or ammo pouch.
2. Ammunition will make its return.
3. Ranged weapons will once again need to be ranged. a 10 yard dead zone will be re-implemented.
4. Weapon and unarmed skills will need to be raised separately once more.
5. Hunter and Battle Pets will need to be fed to keep them happy and to prevent them from running away.
6. Attunements and Keys will be added back into Heroics. If you do not have a key, or a party member with one, you are out of luck.
7. Simple Wood and Flint & Tinder are once again needed to make fire.
8. Spell reagents will be re-implemented
9. Flight will be removed from Azeroth but remain in the newer territories to provide more old world immersion
10. Samantha Swifthoof will be returned to the path in Stranglethorn Vale
11. Certain quest mobs will be given their elite status back and will require a group to kill them.
12. Low level dungeons will get patrols once more who will respawn and can come up behind players without warning
13. Guild perks will be removed
14. Mining, Skinning, and Herbing all have a chance to fail when trying and will once again only give 1 item at a time up to a total of 3.
15. All extra Auction Houses, Mailboxes, and Banks will be removed from Stormwind and Orgrimmar bringing them back to 1 each.
16. Warlocks will now farm shards once more to provide a power base for certain spells.
17. Paladins, Warlocks, Druids, and Shaman no longer get special animals and mounts automatically. There is once again a quest chain to accomplish these means.
18. Druids will be reduced to 3 specs which will once again combine Guardian and Feral into the original Cat/Bear combo.
19. Each class Pet will again require a quest to complete in order to learn how to summon their pet.
20. Training is no longer automatic. You must once again visit your class trainer.
21. Pet trainers will be included in the afore mentioned.
22. Dual specs will be removed as you can only really play one spec at a time.
23. Original talent trees will be implemented and everyone will once again be able to tweak their class
24. Rogues will again be making poisons and applying them as they learn them.
25. Paladins will be removed from the Horde as Shaman will be removed from the Alliance. Too much class/faction homogenization.
Please feel free to add to this list. I'm sure there are plenty of immersive type items I am missing.
*Also, don't take this list too seriously. It was all in good fun. Mostly a farce to show how much things have improved.