Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    yes give the mount questline for druids back i want my druid bird to be black again!

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post

2. Ammunition will make its return.
    5. Hunter and Battle Pets will need to be fed to keep them happy and to prevent them from running away.
    6. Attunements and Keys will be added back into Heroics. If you do not have a key, or a party member with one, you are out of luck.
    8. Spell reagents will be re-implemented
    9. Flight will be removed from Azeroth but remain in the newer territories to provide more old world immersion
    11. Certain quest mobs will be given their elite status back and will require a group to kill them.
    12. Low level dungeons will get patrols once more who will respawn and can come up behind players without warning
    13. Guild perks will be removed
    17. Paladins, Warlocks, Druids, and Shaman no longer get special animals and mounts automatically. There is once again a quest chain to accomplish these means.
    19. Each class Pet will again require a quest to complete in order to learn how to summon their pet.
    24. Rogues will again be making poisons and applying them as they learn them.
    Left my choices of things I'd like to see back into the game.
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

Deleted
    Is the OP suggesting changes for RP realms or is he actually asking this for ALL realms? Having this on RP realms, I can agree to, having this on all realms would make the game worse!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lootinc View Post
    Is the OP suggesting changes for RP realms or is he actually asking this for ALL realms? Having this on RP realms, I can agree to, having this on all realms would make the game worse!
    That's an odd assessment.

1. Hunters will now be asked to give up a bag slot in exchange for a quiver or ammo pouch.
    16. Warlocks will now farm shards once more to provide a power base for certain spells.
    Ugh please no. I am enjoying the game much more now that I don't have to worry about farming soul shards. I barely have any bag space as is.
    Last edited by Meillquei; 2013-12-23 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Made it more readable
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

10+ Year Old Account
    So, after some recent discussion, it would seem convenience is destroying immersion. So, I would suggest putting immersion back in the game. Just so we are clear, this is my personal opinion. I speak for no one other than myself, and do NOT believe this will ever be seen by Blizz since this is not their official forum. With that in mind, here are some conveniences which need to be removed in order to improve immersion and bring back the RPG feel to the game:

1. Hunters will now be asked to give up a bag slot in exchange for a quiver or ammo pouch.
    3. Ranged weapons will once again need to be ranged. a 10 yard dead zone will be re-implemented.
    4. Weapon and unarmed skills will need to be raised separately once more.
    5. Hunter and Battle Pets will need to be fed to keep them happy and to prevent them from running away.
    6. Attunements and Keys will be added back into Heroics. If you do not have a key, or a party member with one, you are out of luck.
    7. Simple Wood and Flint & Tinder are once again needed to make fire.
    9. Flight will be removed from Azeroth but remain in the newer territories to provide more old world immersion
    10. Samantha Swifthoof will be returned to the path in Stranglethorn Vale
    11. Certain quest mobs will be given their elite status back and will require a group to kill them.
    12. Low level dungeons will get patrols once more who will respawn and can come up behind players without warning
    14. Mining, Skinning, and Herbing all have a chance to fail when trying and will once again only give 1 item at a time up to a total of 3.
    15. All extra Auction Houses, Mailboxes, and Banks will be removed from Stormwind and Orgrimmar bringing them back to 1 each.
    16. Warlocks will now farm shards once more to provide a power base for certain spells.
    17. Paladins, Warlocks, Druids, and Shaman no longer get special animals and mounts automatically. There is once again a quest chain to accomplish these means.
    19. Each class Pet will again require a quest to complete in order to learn how to summon their pet.
    20. Training is no longer automatic. You must once again visit your class trainer.
    21. Pet trainers will be included in the afore mentioned.
    25. Paladins will be removed from the Horde as Shaman will be removed from the Alliance. Too much class/faction homogenization.
    These are the ones I agree with.

This isnt immersion, its a rollback to WOtLK or maybe even BC.

I know the OP is being sarcastic to all hell, but actually I would love to see just about every point put back into the game. Especially class specific quests to obtain the mounts and certain skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post
    I know the OP is being sarcastic to all hell, but actually I would love to see just about every point put back into the game. Especially class specific quests to obtain the mounts and certain skills.
    A few pages back, I made the same statement to someone else It may just have been for fun, but being a TBC player, I miss a lot of things the game used to have.

Immersion is a specter that games chase at the expense of gameplay.

If you wanted real immersion, instead of simple inconvenience, you'd also be calling for things like:

1. Night being pitch black away from a light source.
    2. You character's bags, loot, and gold lying in a bundle where your corpse is.
    3. Anyone in game being able to pick up your bundle of loot after you die. Resetting you to zero, except what's in the bank.
    4. Mounts getting tired and only being able to ride / fly for a limited time.
    5. Needing to eat and drink to survive.
    6. Your toon getting tired during a fight and at some point being unable to continue, but still not dead.
    7. Not having instant access to all of your mounts. You'd have to take one and only one with you, then go to a stable to get another one.
    8. Not being able to carry whatever fits in your bags. Only being able to carry a set amount of weight based on your strength.
    9. Once a character dies, they're dead until someone in game resurrects them. No more conveniently located Spirit Healers.
    10. Once a character dies once, that's it. That character is gone forever.

The argument for each of these is that they would help with immersion, i.e. making the game world more "realistic". The argument against each of these is that they would destroy gameplay, or at least make it pointlessly inconvenient. It's a game, not the real world. Immersion is a bullshit lie. It's not possible. If anyone actually forgets for any time at all that they're playing a game and think it's a real, living breathing world around them, then that's a sign of a psychotic break, not immersion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    WoW would be a great game if it weren't an MMO.

*Also, don't take this list too seriously. It was all in good fun. Mostly a farce to show how much things have improved.
    Weird. I'd be ok with all of that, and actually could add quite a bit more to the list. It'd be the first step in this game actually resembling an MMO again.

Deleted
    So, after some recent discussion, it would seem convenience is destroying immersion. So, I would suggest putting immersion back in the game. Just so we are clear, this is my personal opinion. I speak for no one other than myself, and do NOT believe this will ever be seen by Blizz since this is not their official forum. With that in mind, here are some conveniences which need to be removed in order to improve immersion and bring back the RPG feel to the game:

3. Ranged weapons will once again need to be ranged. a 10 yard dead zone will be re-implemented.
    4. Weapon and unarmed skills will need to be raised separately once more.
    7. Simple Wood and Flint & Tinder are once again needed to make fire.
    10. Samantha Swifthoof will be returned to the path in Stranglethorn Vale
    13. Guild perks will be removed
    14. Mining, Skinning, and Herbing all have a chance to fail when trying and will once again only give 1 item at a time up to a total of 3.
    15. All extra Auction Houses, Mailboxes, and Banks will be removed from Stormwind and Orgrimmar bringing them back to 1 each.
    18. Druids will be reduced to 3 specs which will once again combine Guardian and Feral into the original Cat/Bear combo.
    20. Training is no longer automatic. You must once again visit your class trainer.
    21. Pet trainers will be included in the afore mentioned.
    22. Dual specs will be removed as you can only really play one spec at a time.
    23. Original talent trees will be implemented and everyone will once again be able to tweak their class
    25. Paladins will be removed from the Horde as Shaman will be removed from the Alliance. Too much class/faction homogenization.

Please feel free to add to this list. I'm sure there are plenty of immersive type items I am missing.

*Also, don't take this list too seriously. It was all in good fun. Mostly a farce to show how much things have improved.
    Haha, you're such a funny guy, you must really be the life of the party IRL.

Ok that was a bit dickish. But seriously I know you're trying to be smart but most of those are things I would like to see again. The only things I can see I wouldn't want are 25,15 and 22. Seriously I don't see how any of the others are bad things, you've worded it to make them sound worse.
    Last edited by mmoc4e765b20d3; 2013-12-23 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranganathan View Post
    1. Night being pitch black away from a light source.
    Man that reminds me of how awesome old night time used to be. Of all the changes that Blizzard did to the game, this is most certainly my most hated. Night time used to be comfy and relaxing. Now they changed it so that it is like 10% darker than day time.

Those are small thing a single phased event is more immersive than all those (and many other) small thing, and no i'm not talking about those pathetic events on timeless island i mean big thing like the battle for undercity, theramore disappearing from the world or unlocking various hubs in icecrown and stormpeacks thing that show concretely how concretely the world is impacted by my action.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Some of them are realistic but thing like that

Yeah, I will farm my ass just because some people are too lazy to take a flight path ?
    Most of the soul shard were used for summoning people.

Do you want to remove soul well and summoning stone ?

And you also want to remove Flying ? Just imagine ..... the number of summon

22. Dual specs will be removed as you can only really play one spec at a time.

No no no, This is by far the best thing they put in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is most of that just a "fuck you hunters". Did someone get ganked?
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Ok having flight in Azeroth isn't an issue.

Deleted
    You make it sound like all of these features were bugs or mistakes made by the developers when in reality it took more time to program and implement them than simply handing everything to players without the npcs/additional skills/mechanics etc. It was a conscious choice of the developers to put them in, that's how they wanted the game to be played and I can't understand how simply removing all of these restrictions/"inconviniences" can be called "improving" the game.
    Last edited by mmoc2cfe61b4f1; 2013-12-23 at 09:49 PM.

Deleted
    Also the old talent trees were better than the shit we have now. Just saying.

Although my thread meets certain criteria according to the Wikki, it is not a troll thread. I was simply making a farce about immersion. Had people read everything including the last line in the OP, they would be joining me in the farce. As it stands, most of them trolled themselves. Personally, I miss every item on that list... and more.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you mean "people like the OP"? Pretty prejudicial since you don't even know me.
    OP - after reading your post (including the last line) and seeing everybody else's responses here... I can now FULLY understand why Mists of Pandaria has sadly become unpopular with a select and yet sizeable percent of the player base, despite it being an immersion-flowing culture-filled beautiful story-gem of an expansion.

Sadly, I believe many of the people on these forums and in the game do not like to read or experience anything out of their comfort zone. period. =/