Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, just scale the levels down to 60.. Take all the other gear and scale it down to 50 (current content) and make new content gear become level 50-60. Would solve inlflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post

2. Ammunition will make its return.
    3. Ranged weapons will once again need to be ranged. a 10 yard dead zone will be re-implemented.
    4. Weapon and unarmed skills will need to be raised separately once more.
    5. Hunter and Battle Pets will need to be fed to keep them happy and to prevent them from running away.
    6. Attunements and Keys will be added back into Heroics. If you do not have a key, or a party member with one, you are out of luck.
    8. Spell reagents will be re-implemented
    9. Flight will be removed from Azeroth but remain in the newer territories to provide more old world immersion
    11. Certain quest mobs will be given their elite status back and will require a group to kill them.
    12. Low level dungeons will get patrols once more who will respawn and can come up behind players without warning
    14. Mining, Skinning, and Herbing all have a chance to fail when trying and will once again only give 1 item at a time up to a total of 3.
    17. Paladins, Warlocks, Druids, and Shaman no longer get special animals and mounts automatically. There is once again a quest chain to accomplish these means.
    19. Each class Pet will again require a quest to complete in order to learn how to summon their pet.
    20. Training is no longer automatic. You must once again visit your class trainer.
    23. Original talent trees will be implemented and everyone will once again be able to tweak their class
    24. Rogues will again be making poisons and applying them as they learn them.
    Here are the points I'd like to see worked back into the game. Some of them are still possible and would bring back some immersion.

Deleted
    guys i have the greatest, best and newest idea ever!
    let´s de evolve wow back to how it was during tbc and bring back the needlessly tedious shit that was around

10+ Year Old Account
    immersion is gone forever as long as looking-for remains in the game. i'm still against the random bg finder, thats where it all started....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    guys i have the greatest, best and newest idea ever!
    let´s de evolve wow back to how it was during tbc and bring back the needlessly tedious shit that was around
    the tedium is still there, its just in different packaging now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree there should be more immersion in the game. A lot has been way too simplified. Ammo back I don't agree with, but feeding pets is nice. Not gonna go into all of your points but I agree that immersion is needed.

Deleted
    I don't know how people can't understand that immersion is not a feature or more features that can be implemented just like that. It's something players create for themselves when interacting with the game.
    I remember the first time I played wow, skyrim and other rpg games and how immersed I was at that time. But on the second playthrough, or the third, or the <insert random number>th? Not so much, because I already knew things that I didn't know on the first playthrough.
    If you want to feel immersed again, eve if just a little, try to forget everything you know about the game, roll a toon on a new server without heirlooms and any other helpful items and don't rush to max level, but it probably still won't be the same as it was for the first time and that's not the game's fault, it's just how our brain works.

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    I do agree that farming Soul Shards was painful back then. But that doesn't mean it should be removed. Why not give warlocks a curse that every spec would use for dps purposes and that grants a soul shard when the mob dies? It makes it much easier that way... And just make it the way soul shards worked in TBC, where they didn't provide much boost to your dps.

But anyway, if you were out farming only soul shards before the raid, you must have been doing something wrong... As I seem to remember there were a lot of dailies who required you to kill mobs... So could you not have done your dailies and got a couple of bags worth of shards?

I don't know if I agree with some of those suggestions but I do know WoW has become extremely boring for me. There just is no diversity between classes except melee and ranged and hunters... Kinda really boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm... No you don't?
    First, shards weren't used in your rotation. They were used for pets, summons, soulstone and soul shatter, I believe.
    Second, why would you go outside? Did trash packs give you no shards? Or am I missing something?
    Trash is always up in raids dude.

So you want Vanilla back

yeah thats great.. go play on a private and have fun i guess ?

So many people taking OP too seriously

They could introduce "hardcore" mode or servers with the removal of all the QoL improvements and no ressing except by other players ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Convenience > Immersion. I'm playing a game, not living a second life. Maybe do this for RP servers.
    This, this, this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    This list proves how much Cata and MoP improved the game.
    Improved, is a funny term, I guess people don't care about immersion anymore.

He isnt asking for vanilla wow.. crazy people. He is asking for the removal of all that "Quality of life" crap.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Hahaha, or wait you were being serious Op let me laugh even harder HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Seriously though, the idea of gaming is to move forward and not move back into the past, vanilla was good and all but if a game does evolve then it becomes something horrible.

Either you do something new, or you become something like Call of Duty where you force your playerbase to pay full whack for new maps and little else.

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    This list proves how much Cata and MoP improved the game.
    Exactly. Thank god the op isn't a developer. Making things hard, removing QoL, or making useless travel isn't immersion.

I agree with group quests being implemented back into the game. I really didn't like that change. It was really the only reason to group with strangers. I miss that
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I don't think anything the OP proposes would be good in any way. This was not immersion. This was all annoyance.

Maybe class quests. Maybe on par with the lock green fire quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I don't think anything the OP proposes would be good in any way. This was not immersion. This was all annoyance.
    agreed i wanted to go throwup in the bathroom for a few hours after reading this post....i didnt make it that far and the OP owes me a new monitor

How obvious would OP have had to been before you guys would realize that it is a joke?

He even tells you he is joking. The only way to make it any more obvious would be to put the word "joke" in red letters before every line.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dear Superman-BladesEdge, I am not entirely convinced you are not a clever troll account. I will still reply to your silly thread because MMO-C is only trollbait and news now.

1. Hunters will now be asked to give up a bag slot in exchange for a quiver or ammo pouch. UI change, zero immersion.
    2. Ammunition will make its return. UI change, zero immersion.
    3. Ranged weapons will once again need to be ranged. a 10 yard dead zone will be re-implemented. I can't disagree with this one.
    4. Weapon and unarmed skills will need to be raised separately once more. No real reason for this at all since fist weapons are purely the domain of Enhance shams and Combat rogues. At this point it wouldn't make any real difference. It means that you can't use your new weapon, or, more likely, you found mobs that heal themselves regularly and don't do much damage and you went and put a white weapon on and went afk while your character gained ~300 mace skill. Good old Blasted Lands.
    5. Hunter and Battle Pets will need to be fed to keep them happy and to prevent them from running away. Is it super fun and immersive to cast power word: fortitude every 60 minutes? It's just using an ability before it wears off.
    6. Attunements and Keys will be added back into Heroics. If you do not have a key, or a party member with one, you are out of luck. To be honest there's no real way to do this with LFD and it doesn't mean anything unless they are extremely difficult. What do I need to do to prove that I can do heroic temple of the jade serpent? Be level 90. Back in the day the main (read: only) way to get rep for a heroic dungeon unlock was to do that dungeon on normal so you'd basically know the layout on heroic and then tack on some extra difficulty.
    7. Simple Wood and Flint & Tinder are once again needed to make fire. Pointless, just like having a hearthstone an actual item. It sits in my inventory until I need it and serves no purpose 99% of my play time.
    8. Spell reagents will be re-implemented. As an ex-disc priest, go fuck yourself.
    9. Flight will be removed from Azeroth but remain in the newer territories to provide more old world immersion. How do you plan on getting people to all the flight-only areas in Azeroth? You can't walk to Twilight Highlands, and once you're there via portal, half of the areas are in the mountains and unreachable on foot.
    10. Samantha Swifthoof will be returned to the path in Stranglethorn Vale. What did you read a random list of cool old Vanilla shit and paste it on here? I know for a fact you didn't play in Vanilla so why would you care that a random npc walked up a path in a low zone that nobody uses anymore?
    11. Certain quest mobs will be given their elite status back and will require a group to kill them. No, good luck finding groups for these quests. It just makes people skip them which means wasted development time.
    12. Low level dungeons will get patrols once more who will respawn and can come up behind players without warning. Yeah because that's fun. Oh and it never worked that way. The only reason why Deadmines pats came up behind you is that they'd be down a side hallway. If you actually took 2 hours on a regular low level dungeon boss then you're fucking terrible anyways.
    13. Guild perks will be removed. No. That's not immersion-breaking at all. Being in a guild provides real bonuses in the rest of the world, giving your character a real reason to be in a guild other than raiding, which actually builds a sense that guilds are part of the world and your character would want to be in one.
    14. Mining, Skinning, and Herbing all have a chance to fail when trying and will once again only give 1 item at a time up to a total of 3. Slow != immersion
    15. All extra Auction Houses, Mailboxes, and Banks will be removed from Stormwind and Orgrimmar bringing them back to 1 each. What the fuck is the point of this? A large city would have multiple trading houses and banks.
    16. Warlocks will now farm shards once more to provide a power base for certain spells. They still have them, they just generate in a different way. Tell a destro lock that they don't have to farm shards before a pull. This isn't immersion, it's just crap you have to do before you can have fun.
    17. Paladins, Warlocks, Druids, and Shaman no longer get special animals and mounts automatically. There is once again a quest chain to accomplish these means. Can't argue with this one actually. Just make sure that the classes get a regular ability the same time the rest do, so you don't feel ripped off if you don't go and do an optional quest.
    18. Druids will be reduced to 3 specs which will once again combine Guardian and Feral into the original Cat/Bear combo. Dude, can I have some of what you're smoking? This is just random senseless rollbacks of development. I fail to see how there being more branches of druidism takes away from immersion. I'm not sure you know what immersion means.
    19. Each class Pet will again require a quest to complete in order to learn how to summon their pet. Can we give warriors a quest on how to swing a sword and you can't melee until you beat it? It makes sense for warlocks, but not hunters.
    20. Training is no longer automatic. You must once again visit your class trainer. Yes, I'd like to see that come back.
    21. Pet trainers will be included in the afore mentioned. Pet skills were always learned by the pet, not the trainer. You tamed a specific pet that had specific abilities.
    22. Dual specs will be removed as you can only really play one spec at a time. Shut up.
    23. Original talent trees will be implemented and everyone will once again be able to tweak their class. You can tweak your class now, a UI feature is not immersive, shut up.
    24. Rogues will again be making poisons and applying them as they learn them. You... do... I'm so confused. Each poison is an ability you gain as you level up, and you apply them still. If you mean brewing the poisons yourself, fuck it, you can't go to a store and buy a standard poison that every single rogue uses? Pretty sure you'd be able to. Again, it's just a UI feature, not immersion. Also shut up.
    25. Paladins will be removed from the Horde as Shaman will be removed from the Alliance. Too much class/faction homogenization. Shut up. That's like saying that the real world isn't immersive because both the US and Russia have nukes. They added considerable lore explanation for having both, in every case. Wildhammer dwarves were using shamanism before Orcs came to Azeroth, and they devoted a boss and an extended RP sequence to why Blood Elves can be paladins.

In closing, I'd like to point out I'm really struggling not to come off as a troll or just flaming you, but honestly I would've thought your "autokick good players who call out people who play shittily and ruin the experience of everyone else they're grouped with because they're selfish children" thread would've made you realize you're not particularly informed on the game and just play it half-assedly, which is perfectly fine, but it doesn't put you in a good position to make suggestions that anyone else should take seriously. I'm not sure if you're just trying to impress people, or what. In one breath you say it should be easier for casuals to play the game, in the next you ask for changes to make playing wow a full-time job again.
    Last edited by Annarion; 2013-12-24 at 01:34 AM.

You lost me when you said I have to feed all my battle pets. Seriously no thank you. Any idea how long that would take?

A lot of this stuff I see being a bit more roleplay, but at the same time a game needs to simplify things to make sure you'e not just cluttering up everything. Flint and tinder is cool, but do you really want to carry a stack of both in your bags at all times? Especially when you've given up one bag slot because you needed somewhere to keep your arrows in that have become more expensive to make because of the new mining changes.

It seems like you just miss older iterations of the game rather than want immersion, nothing about the old talents was immersive, you needed to look up cookie cutters back then, now you can choose via personal preference in a lot of cases which is a bit more immersive for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Yep, improved it so much half the people playing it left.
    Doesn't mean they left for those reasons, nor does it mean that the game isn't better.