Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    3. Ranged weapons will once again need to be ranged. a 10 yard dead zone will be re-implemented.
    6. Attunements and Keys will be added back into Heroics. If you do not have a key, or a party member with one, you are out of luck.
    7. Simple Wood and Flint & Tinder are once again needed to make fire.
    8. Spell reagents will be re-implemented
    9. Flight will be removed from Azeroth but remain in the newer territories to provide more old world immersion
    10. Samantha Swifthoof will be returned to the path in Stranglethorn Vale
    11. Certain quest mobs will be given their elite status back and will require a group to kill them.
    12. Low level dungeons will get patrols once more who will respawn and can come up behind players without warning
    13. Guild perks will be removed
    14. Mining, Skinning, and Herbing all have a chance to fail when trying and will once again only give 1 item at a time up to a total of 3.
    17. Paladins, Warlocks, Druids, and Shaman no longer get special animals and mounts automatically. There is once again a quest chain to accomplish these means.
    19. Each class Pet will again require a quest to complete in order to learn how to summon their pet.
    20. Training is no longer automatic. You must once again visit your class trainer.
    21. Pet trainers will be included in the afore mentioned.
    24. Rogues will again be making poisons and applying them as they learn them.
    25. Paladins will be removed from the Horde as Shaman will be removed from the Alliance. Too much class/faction homogenization.
    I would have no problem with Blizz implementing these^ again. I would even take #9 a bit further and remove flying mount completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    ...Heck no. I've played a hunter. I Play a warlock. Ammo and shards where't Immersion, they were annoying crap you had to deil with that took up your inventory. The other things on the list are similar. Annoying crap.
    They were immersion insofar that your character required a modicum of maintenance as well as (admittedly trivial) decision making, something this game seems to treat as a 'very bad thing'.

You really seem to be confusing qualities of life with immersion and game depth...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I tend to agree. WoW is a fantasy game, I don't see any particular reason to force it to emulate reality. Further, I don't really see how farming adds to the game, I really don't. Oh, I ran out of magic fairy dust, now I've got to go back to that place I hate and farm that same mob everyone else is farming and spend hours upon hours doing nothing of interest. Do people really find that sort of stuff fun? Because IMO: those sorts of things are what leads to botting.
    Elemental Plateau was a blast because it created so much pvp and led to people getting out in the world and meeting people. I still talk to people I met out there from both factions (the ones that still play anyway). That's a good example of why yes, it's a good thing. Don't have time to do it? You probably shouldn't be playing MMO's or at least you shouldn't expect to be playing at any decent level since you can't dedicate the time required to do so anyway.

Wow being a fantasy game has nothing to do with the fact that farming is a mechanic that helps several things: keeping the economy in check, getting people out of cities and into the world, giving people something to do in their off time, etc. It has uses, don't discount it because it's boring sometimes, because EVERYTHING is boring sometimes, just in different ways. Removing the need to farm or even leave cities in MMOs is bad design.

Oh and also botting from back in vanilla/BC was good because after that they stopped using farming bots and started hacking accounts because it was more profitable.

15+ Year Old Account
    In short: and let's reverse most of changes done to this game, bringing back chores and penalties for choosing certain classes. Fuck hunters in particular. How is it not possible to shoot point blank? I thought that shoving a rifle in the enemy's face before pulling the trigger is benefical for the damage.

Deleted
    Some hunters really need pet prequest to learn to not use taunt of their pets

There is no middle finger big enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    remove LFR, LFG and the PvP queue interface system (just walk to the entrance of the PvP battleground to queue).
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    So, after some recent discussion, it would seem convenience is destroying immersion. So, I would suggest putting immersion back in the game. Just so we are clear, this is my personal opinion. I speak for no one other than myself, and do NOT believe this will ever be seen by Blizz since this is not their official forum. With that in mind, here are some conveniences which need to be removed in order to improve immersion and bring back the RPG feel to the game:

Please feel free to add to this list. I'm sure there are plenty of immersive type items I am missing.

*Also, don't take this list too seriously. It was all in good fun. Mostly a farce to show how much things have improved.
    Left in what I thought was acceptable...

As you can see I like the way the game is going. All of those were a pain in the ass and had literally zero to do with "immersion".

I really like the list, but it's describing World of Warcraft as a base game; when it was classic. Not that it is a bad thing in particular, but it's hardly original and completely immersive. I don't agree with removing dual specialization, as if you were to return to a more RPG style-isque game you wouldn't have easy to obtain alt-sets. Meaning you wouldn't be a jack of all trades without having a shit ton of effort put into it. Regardless, many people either wouldn't care for it, or hate the ideas you put (Copied) forth. Even the ones who never played classic will bash it.

... Odd, it says pandarian monk but you're feeling more like a troll.
    Is this where the header goes?

10+ Year Old Account
    These little waste of time things were in game when there wasn't enough content to stand on its own. As the content grew, the time sinks shrank. They are gone for a reason, and that reason is they are terrible design. I would like to see class quests make a return, but the rest of that list is full of brick walls meant to extend gameplay.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    These little waste of time things were in game when there wasn't enough content to stand on its own.
    Plenty sure Classic WoW had more than enough content to stand on its own without these mechanics, so what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    As the content grew, the time sinks shrank. They are gone for a reason, and that reason is they are terrible design.
    Most were minor inconveniences, or purposefully designed to send you through quests and dungeons. But they didn't always have quest markers or things holding you hand, god forbid.

I suppose no one enjoys little things in games anymore, where it kind of makes it more RPG-like.

Deleted
    being an hunter the first 3 stood out the most for me

1. Hunters will now be asked to give up a bag slot in exchange for a quiver or ammo pouch.
    would be better if they added an unique quiver/ammo pouch too give the visual of it being there while remaining a normal bag. that would create the immersion and not waste bag space.
    2. Ammunition will make its return.
    As an hunter i say NO! too this, sure having ammo with you made sense. but it always took up lots of bag space (well it got better when they were stackable as 1000 making quivers/ammo pouches not worth it vs a normal bag. adding ammo means nothing more then having too waste some bag slots. just add back the quiver visual in the way i said at 1.
    3. Ranged weapons will once again need to be ranged. a 10 yard dead zone will be re-implemented.
    this was stupid since the beginning of the game. bows/crossbows and guns all can be used in close quarters. sure long bows are rather useless up close, but shortbows work just as fine up close. crossbows work fine upclose also, though depending on type reloading might take some time. but there are already ingame models with daggers/axes attach too the crossbows (and certain bows/guns) making them a melee weapon till you can reload.
    and short barrel guns work fine close range also.
    if anything they should add another weapon slot in which you can choose between a up close range weapon or melee weapons.
    as far a dead zone goes, that made no sense in the first place. cause the opponent is far enough away too not be in melee range meaning, you can keep pelting him with arrows/bolts and bullets.

this one is also dumb:
    18. Druids will be reduced to 3 specs which will once again combine Guardian and Feral into the original Cat/Bear combo.
    they finally got too seperated (although i hate the whining it causes that other classes also want a 4th spec). and you suggest putting them back toghter.
    that's just stupid.

23. Original talent trees will be implemented and everyone will once again be able to tweak their class
    ooh hell no, the orginal talent system was incredibly boring, filled with pretty much mandatory choices cause they were either far too strong the other choices. or the rest was truly terrible.
    much rather have the new system, especially the part were you can change certain talents for spefic fights. rather then waiting for several minutes cause some raiders had too headback too the class trainers too reset their talent tree just too meet the requirements for 1 single boss. and after it was down they had too retalent once agian.

that all said i'm a fan of
    17. Paladins, Warlocks, Druids, and Shaman no longer get special animals and mounts automatically. There is once again a quest chain to accomplish these means.
    and
    20. Training is no longer automatic. You must once again visit your class trainer.
    though mainly for warlocks since their pet quests were actually pretty fun. the hunter one can remain removed in my opion cause they were just boring.

Please feel free to add to this list. I'm sure there are plenty of immersive type items I am missing.

*Also, don't take this list too seriously. It was all in good fun. Mostly a farce to show how much things have improved.
    Pretty much agree how the game has been improved. Although I think the class quest for the mount should have stayed.

Great ideas! I'd like to add my two cents, because you know, IMMERSION.

1. Whenever you buy something off the AH, or someone sends you something, it should go to a Post Office where it is sorted and then delivered to your nearest mailbox by a postman. This could take anything up to a week depending on distance.
    2. Characters should get hungry/thirsty and seek out their nearest mage every hour. If they don't, you start doing less DPS/healing and lose stamina until you eat. Waiting too long should result in death.
    3. Once you've killed a raid boss, that's it. The boss is dead, no more, deceased, kaput, kicked the bucket and bit the bullet. It didn't drop your loot? Tough luck, it's a valuable life lesson, learn from it.
    4. This should also apply to your character. Killed by a level 90 Undead Rogue ganking your starting areas? That's a pity, reroll!
    5. You should have to fight to stay on your Gryphon when using flightpaths. Sharp turns, crosswinds and other flying mounts should all pose a risk to your character. Go ahead, alt tab out. I wouldn't recommend it.
    6. Speaking of mounts, you should have to rub yours down and feed it after every ride. It's cruel not to, saddle sores are a real risk and could impact your horses speed, and may eventually result in your mount throwing you (potentially killing you, and causing you to reroll).
    7. Your character needs to get a job to earn its gold. You must spend 8 hours a day, five days a week working in a shop/stables/kitchen before you can even start to think about adventuring.

Dear Blizzard, implenting the above would put the IMMERSION back into the game for me, please ignore anyone who wants accessible gameplay, they don't want what I want and are therefore not worth listening to.

/sarcasm

So, after some recent discussion, it would seem convenience is destroying immersion. So, I would suggest putting immersion back in the game. Just so we are clear, this is my personal opinion. I speak for no one other than myself, and do NOT believe this will ever be seen by Blizz since this is not their official forum. With that in mind, here are some conveniences which need to be removed in order to improve immersion and bring back the RPG feel to the game:

1. Hunters will now be asked to give up a bag slot in exchange for a quiver or ammo pouch.
    As a former, long time hunter player... Sure! as long as i can see said quiver/pouch on my character.
    2. Ammunition will make its return.
    Sure, always found ti dumb that i can conjure arrows form thin air.
    Sure, (even tough it doesnt affect game immersion in any way) as long as hunter gets compensated for deadzone in arenas and such. And ofc be given his melee wpn back.
    4. Weapon and unarmed skills will need to be raised separately once more.
    Don't care really as long as weapon skills actually have some kind of purpose unlike it was in tbc.
    5. Hunter and Battle Pets will need to be fed to keep them happy and to prevent them from running away.
    Dont care about pokemon and again as long time hunter player, yes! Hunters were orignally supposed to have bond with their pets, that was one of the reasons we could actually name them, unlike warlocks.
    6. Attunements and Keys will be added back into Heroics. If you do not have a key, or a party member with one, you are out of luck.
    Dont mind, filters out trash easily, along with undergeared alts. Tough again, how does key unlocking difficulty actually improves immersion of the game as an RPG title? i belive you just throw random "inconvinient" things from the past where half of them have nothing to do with game immersion.
    7. Simple Wood and Flint & Tinder are once again needed to make fire.
    Dont care, makes sense. However. if you want immersion improved, classes that posses ability to summon fire out of their hands, shoudnt need flint and tinder.
    8. Spell reagents will be re-implemented
    almost every RPG title that has magic in it, requires some sort of reagents for spells. Additionally, helps as a gold sink.
    9. Flight will be removed from Azeroth but remain in the newer territories to provide more old world immersion
    REmove flying alltogether and make people explore the world if you want immersion.
    10. Samantha Swifthoof will be returned to the path in Stranglethorn Vale
    how does that improves game immersion? random stv npc moving somewhere... k.. sure... w/e
    11. Certain quest mobs will be given their elite status back and will require a group to kill them.
    ^^^^x92831721893718. GRoup quests was always one of the nicest things in the history of wow. Made you meet other people, get to know them, start recognizing people from your server... Places like jintha alor or stromgarde... Fights between horde and alliance going on there... some of the best memories... Who cares it was hard to finish a quest if I HAD FUN, fucking loads of it actually. Which, correct me if im wrong, is the prupose of games.
    12. Low level dungeons will get patrols once more who will respawn and can come up behind players without warning
    How does that improve immersion? Also, you say "dungeons"... didnt know Deadmines patrol was visiting any other dungeon...
    13. Guild perks will be removed
    dont care
    14. Mining, Skinning, and Herbing all have a chance to fail when trying and will once again only give 1 item at a time up to a total of 3.
    AGain, just a thing that was bad design decision listed by you as "immersion".
    15. All extra Auction Houses, Mailboxes, and Banks will be removed from Stormwind and Orgrimmar bringing them back to 1 each.
    Again, how does that help immersion? No actual reason why city cant have multiple banks or auction hauses...
    16. Warlocks will now farm shards once more to provide a power base for certain spells.
    makes sense RPG wise and even tough i palyed lock in vanilla and farming shards sometimes was a bitch, i could live with that.
    Sure
    18. Druids will be reduced to 3 specs which will once again combine Guardian and Feral into the original Cat/Bear combo.
    How does that help game immersion?
    19. Each class Pet will again require a quest to complete in order to learn how to summon their pet.
    makes sense RPG wise, sure.
    Again, makes sense RPG wise, sure.
    21. Pet trainers will be included in the afore mentioned.
    dont mind
    22. Dual specs will be removed as you can only really play one spec at a time.
    how does that help immersion? but sure whatever, willing to make a sacrifice if that would mean getting wow as it was in vanilla/tbc, with character updates and creative raid design, along with world being full of people cause they have to actually MOVE to get from place A to place B, rather than teleport everywhere through UI.
    23. Original talent trees will be implemented and everyone will once again be able to tweak their class
    yes please
    24. Rogues will again be making poisons and applying them as they learn them.
    RPG aspect as some mentioned before, yes please.
    25. Paladins will be removed from the Horde as Shaman will be removed from the Alliance. Too much class/faction homogenization.
    dont mind at all, RPG aspect, however a bitch to balance it out. Nowadays it would probably be possible tough.

considering you probably dont even know what immersion is, im pretty sure there is alot

did they now?

From actual RPG game that simply had some bad design decisions (as obviously game was in its early stages) it turned into UI clicking, items with no value, leveling with no player interaction and being handheld throughout entire time. Dungeons with no sense of acomplishment or being rewarded due to devalued gear or player identity on the server. Commnuity, thx to paid services like name change and transfers from mature and reasonable and patient, turned into crapshit that equals the one of LoL that will jsut votekick anyone from any group cause there is 50k people waiting in queue anyway.
    Don't know about you, but i personally prefered wow as it was in tbc or vanilla, not because things took more time, but because things made sense and world was alive. When i went into dungeon, i had a blast even if there were wipes, not only there was a chellange but i also had time to talk with people i was in group and actually get answered, rather than ahving a feeling of trying to converse with bots...

So you say that the game has improved, using faulty definition of immersion (as some of your points dont even affect game immersion in any way, yet they will make halfbrains look at your post with praise and awe) i say im glad to accept some inconvinience (despite not having as much time to paly games as i used to nearly 10 years ago) in order to have actual MMORPG game with alive world.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol... this thread is still going and judging from some of the replies, people are still failing to see the last line in the unedited OP.

lol... this thread is still going and judging from some of the replies, people are still failing to see the last line in the unedited OP.
    judging from your post history, its people like you that makes me wish they put some sort of "trash detector" on people's accounts that unable them to start useless troll threads in attempts to start yet another flame war.

please crawl back to your hole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stansyo View Post
    judging from your post history, its people like you that makes me wish they put some sort of "trash detector" on people's accounts that unable them to start useless troll threads in attempts to start yet another flame war.

please crawl back to your hole.
    Having only 3 posts, I can only assume your main posting account was banned recently and you are now trying to circumvent the forums. Please, allow me to report this post as harassment and allow MMOC to compare your account info. If this is not the case, up your post count and come back to see me.