Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    They should bring back the openess of the world back, also some things I would like:

- Bring back the nights! Add some dangerous beasts to lurk in the shadows, also placing campfires would lure them at it
    - Dark dungeons. You must use light spells and torches to see what lies deeper in the depths
    - Solo "dungeons", hundreds of them across the world. Some smaller and some very large ones. Place hidden treasures and make some enemies guard them.
    - Wall climbing for rogues, make it possible to blend into enemy cities. Pickpocketing merchants is more rewarding but also more risky (Elite guard search parties looking for you if caught) Could also pickpocket friendly merchants.
    - Class quests back
    - Separate small "5 min faceroll" dungeons with much longer dungeons with shortcuts and separate wings etc.

Not all want streamlined gameworld, some players enjoy immersing with it (Without it going LARP).
    Last edited by mmoc6f54e43091; 2014-01-24 at 08:28 PM.

I love how all the present day WoW fanboys just wave away the death of immersion with "Well, immersion is a subjective poorly understood thing so it means nothing!"

It's a little a long the lines of "Your memories are bogus and just nostalgia" argument.

They know they can't refute the actual argument so they just declare the entire basis for it invalid.

It's a neat little trick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Nobody cares about participation anymore. They care about their character's numerical progress and nothing else. There is no 'togetherness' in the struggle to get any achievable goal anymore. Players, especially on this forum made the game anti-social to the nth degree.
    Exactly. I'm not sure what the oldschool players expect posting arguments here. The bulk of people prefer the modern WoW style, they dont want immersion and an experience and a challenge, they want stuff handed to them, they want to be shuffled through content and handed items on the gear treadmill. The vast majority of old school players who strongly desire the old expereince have quit at this point.

WoW 100% belongs to the casual instant gratification crowd now. They love what WoW is, which is no big surprise, because it's a game built specifically for their preferences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    feed 700 battle pets.........hmmmm then i better be able to send all 700 to attack something at once so they earn their keep.
    My favorite quote so far...
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't remember wow ever having immersion...having people run around shouting noob at each other or barking out commands doesn't really help..if i want immersion i play a game like skyrim, fallout, mass effect or infamous..not an mmo, other people just ruin immersion for me >.<

People who say Dual spec should be removed are most likely a pure class, only do one aspect of the game (PvE, RBG or Arena) or dumb. Or all of the above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I can't remember wow ever having immersion...having people run around shouting noob at each other or barking out commands doesn't really help..if i want immersion i play a game like skyrim, fallout, mass effect or infamous..not an mmo, other people just ruin immersion for me >.<
    Maybe you understood word "immersion" wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisho View Post
    Maybe you understood word "immersion" wrong.
    Or other people are, to immerse into a game world i need to feel involved, feeling like my actions have consequences, feeling like I'm a part of that world, Wow doesn't do that all. You could whittle off a thousands things such as guild perks, talent trees, flying mounts or specs but they are just game features which have very little impact on what i consider immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Or other people are, to immerse into a game world i need to feel involved, feeling like my actions have consequences, feeling like I'm a part of that world, Wow doesn't do that all. You could whittle off a thousands things such as guild perks, talent trees, flying mounts or specs but they are just game features which have very little impact on what i consider immersion.
    Truth. Great rpgs have choices that affect the rest of the game's stories and characters. Good rpgs have the illusion of choice but allows players to play in very differnt ways. WoW has ultimately no choice beyond role in a group that furthers a character driven plot. But it just seems like WoW is no longer an MMORPG, but rather just an MMOG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    You could do all that bullshit OP *or* you could, ya know, learn to have an imagination and stop fucking over our gameplay because you lack one. if you are on your rogue and say "I brewed my Mind-Numbing potion by taking 2 sprigs of Bullshit Weed and grinding it up with Essence of QQ and poured it into an MMO-C Spec Flask" you are immersing yourself, properly, using your knowledge of lore and what it takes to make Mind-Numbing commentary, err um poison.

Now, if you make the rest of us (a majority) have to actually waste time tracking down Bullshit Weed, farming Essence of QQ (from BGs) and keeping a stock of MMO-C Spec Flasks around in our bag to make Mind-Numbing Poison, you are not immersing anyone in anything other than superfluous, uninteresting *bullshit*.
    I'm sorry, but it is exactly those little bullshit things that are what make a game immersive. If making rogue poisons is nothing than just a waste of time and effort, then so is the gather of mats for making armor, or mining, or hell even the animations for crafting professions. Doing those little things gives people a sense that their avatar is doing something which culminates into character progression such as power, leveling, story development, etc. If a videogame takes away these things, then it is doing itself a disservice. After all, video games are, ideally, interactive audio & visual stories. Sometimes that story progresses by having your avatar visually accomplish something as small as making a poison. And since WoW is slowly taking away crafting elements like that (Garrisons will involve crafting changes as well as including npcs, which makes it plausible that the npcs will do the little things), then it is breaking the immersion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Deleted
    Honestly (I'm not trolling), what is immersion?

Interesting how everything the OP requests was changed by Blizzard because the player base asked for it.

IMHO - instead of bringing back old garbage that people did not want to do, I'd rather see new forms of immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Interesting how everything the OP requests was changed by Blizzard because the player base asked for it.
    Ask a 5 year old what he wants for dinner and he'll tell you candy and ice cream.

Players are very childlike. They think they want all you can eat goodies on demand whenever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Ask a 5 year old what he wants for dinner and he'll tell you candy and ice cream.

Players are very childlike. They think they want all you can eat goodies on demand whenever they want.
    I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying the OP's suggestions are childlike? Or the changes Blizzard made when the players asked for them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you do not enjoy something, it is not immersive.
    Utter nonsense. Give me a good example of how that's the case, and I'll call you a liar in return. Now, I'm not saying that everything that's immersive MUST be unfun, but they CERTAINLY aren't mutually exclusive. I didn't "enjoy" leveling a warrior in Vanilla - it was about as fun as pulling teeth, but I was COMPLETELY immersed in both the story and my character - the character meant so, so much more to me by the time I'd finished than the dozens upon dozens of RAF characters I have lying around various servers.

I wish more people would just understand simple life truths..
    You only get out what you put in.
    Good things take time.

They're not difficult concepts, but this generation seems to have forgotten them completely.

Deleted
    The game never felt immersive so I think there's no point on putting thoses features back.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I speak for no one other than myself, and do NOT believe this will ever be seen by Blizz since this is not their official forum.
    They are quite aware of everything that goes on MMOC.

Unsolicited market research would be a hard thing to ignore for any company.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know the OP is taking the piss and really going "look how stupid these are, the game has come so far!", but with only six or seven exceptions, the game could really benefit from re-instating some of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I wish more people would just understand simple life truths..
    You only get out what you put in.
    Good things take time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    I'm sorry, but it is exactly those little bullshit things that are what make a game immersive. If making rogue poisons is nothing than just a waste of time and effort, then so is the gather of mats for making armor, or mining, or hell even the animations for crafting professions. Doing those little things gives people a sense that their avatar is doing something which culminates into character progression such as power, leveling, story development, etc. If a videogame takes away these things, then it is doing itself a disservice. After all, video games are, ideally, interactive audio & visual stories. Sometimes that story progresses by having your avatar visually accomplish something as small as making a poison. And since WoW is slowly taking away crafting elements like that (Garrisons will involve crafting changes as well as including npcs, which makes it plausible that the npcs will do the little things), then it is breaking the immersion.
    ^^ posts like these are the plain, simple truth. Convenience is not inherently a good thing.

Immersion isn't totally gone in WoW today. I was more immersed in Pandaria questing than in Outland or Northrend questing. The world is more alive, more fleshed out and just more detailed. So while I feel that that has improved vastly, the systems / ideologies behind the game have gone dramatically down hill.
    Last edited by Apology; 2014-01-25 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Lots of this seems to be removing a lot of quality of life enhancements.

As a hunter i'm happy actually having bag space, not forgetting to buy ammo all the time and not struggling to stack in raids because of deadzone.

I don't really see how a deadzone adds immersion, when a person is 8 yards away from me I can definitely shoot them in the skull
    interestingly enough my state game commission did a test to see who would win at under 10 yards a person with a knife or a person with a holstered hand gun. the guy with the knife could close 10 yards over 90% of the time.

and having put it into practice the likelihood of "shooting someone in the skull" at point blank range is ridiculously low if the person you are shooting at knows you are there and is about to break your bow in half over YOUR skull.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    interestingly enough my state game commission did a test to see who would win at under 10 yards a person with a knife or a person with a holstered hand gun. the guy with the knife could close 10 yards over 90% of the time.
    That's interesting, but in typical raid situations the player is wielding a notched bow or a loaded gun at the ready. That kind of changes the odds a little bit. Maybe you can close 10 yards while they're unholstering their gun, but if that gun is loaded, cocked, and at the ready it's a different story. That having been said, the whole debate, while fun, is a little pointless and silly. Since when is WoW an accurate reflection of reality? How many rounds do you think the typical raid boss has taken before going down? He's also fending off about 19 players at once. He's really going to disarm all 19? If WoW was anywhere near realistic 25 people would take down any raid boss in a matter of seconds, not over 15 minutes of continuous combat. Heck, the boss is even nice enough to give everyone time to saunter into the room, have a little snack, buff each other, and drink some elixirs if they want. That's just not how actual combat works.

I still find that study interesting, though. Thanks for sharing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Some good ideas, and a lot of ideas that would basically kill off the game. But brainstorming is good.