Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I love christmas. I hang out with my family, girlfriend..etc. Christmas should be a happy day for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by exorius21 View Post
    I love christmas. I hang out with my family, girlfriend..etc. Christmas should be a happy day for everyone
    http://wnshouldbe.mayfirst.org/wp-co...d-children.jpg

good Luck

Deleted
    Normally I enjoy Christmas... It's not religious fest to me as I'm agnostic. It just means that we can relax and spend time with loved ones, give gifts, receive them and enjoy good food. To me it is great time to spend time together without hurry. No school or work.

This Christmas though I'm spending alone abroad, missing my girlfriend and pets, and doing school stuff. So not too much Christmas spirit this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me christmas really is about family, no religious crap, though i love hanging decorations with the family and opening presents on the morning and enjoying a large festive meal. We don't have thanksgiving here in the UK, so for us here christmas is the time to have such a thing.

And for me, last year was the best christmas I'd had. This might sound nasty, but my father had just died months before it, and it left mum widowed, and happier then she'd been in years, since he had always become a grandmother recently. I also had my boyfriend down from scotland to stay over the holidays at my mothers, so, a peaceful home, my mother happy as anything, my brother visiting with my nephews, and my boyfriend with me.. honestly, that alone would have been the best christmas ever.. but mum also brought me a smartphone, which left me breathless, i'd never had a present this cool before.

So yes, nothing will top last years christmas.
    #boycottchina

It's just another day for anyone who wants it to be just another day. It's a special day (good or bad) for anyone who wants it to be a special day. Aside from the super unlucky, that is.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

On Chirstmas, People donate so much money that becomes enough for many charities till the next christmas. So, for them it is special day. Not to mention, other the few people, most people actively try not to be dick on christian, that includes the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I've been drinking aged Caribbean rum and egg nog for the past 6 days, it could be fuckin Easter for all I know...woooooooooo

Now THATS how you celebrate Christmas.

It has become that yes.

No Christmas music anywhere. No Santas. No Salvation Army. No Toys for Tots.

Political Correctness has ruin this once great American Holiday.

note to dumbfucks I don't know how PC shit has effected other country's only how it has effected America. fuckfaces! :P
    Last edited by Nathiest; 2013-12-24 at 06:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    It has become that yes.

seriously? You think Christmas is an american holiday?

Thanksgiving and Halloween are american holidays, Christmas is all over the world.. near enough.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I just celebrate christmas with by family (parents and sisters) by spending 2 days together. We don't even do gifts. We are not religious so it doesn't really have a meaning for us, just a few days off.

- - - Updated - - -

It has become that yes.

Christmas is NOT an American holiday, ffs this makes me furious.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    It has become that yes.

I laughed, hard.

Deleted
    In my early twenties I did sort of think that Christmas was just another day, granted I'd be home from university but I'd generally sleep in, have dinner then drink, not really different from any other day as a student. Now I'm in my mid-twenties I have found that by putting in a little effort to enjoy Christmas I really do get a lot out of it. Things like roasting a ham, putting lights up in my flat and just using it as an excuse to treat myself make me much more festive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    seriously? You think Christmas is an american holiday?
    Everything is an American Holiday duh. 'Murica!

Not sure where you're from Nathiest, but I'm spending Christmas in California and it's festive as shit. Every store has Christmas songs playing, you can hear carols being sung, Santa is at the mall, donation boxes are in front of a lot of grocery stores, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be very excited for Christmas for many reasons. You know, presents, snow, food and family getting together. Now I am 20 and moved to a different country (UK, been here for the last 9 years) and well, Christmas just isn't the same anymore. Hoping to visit my homeland (Slovakia) next year and get together with the family and what not. However, apparently there is literately no snow over there so thats that :/ I WANNAAAH MAKEEEEE AN IGGLOOOOO AND SNOOWMAAANA AMGARGHAD

I miss being a kid of 10 :/
    -K

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have always had the mind set that Christmas is just another day; however, my family goes over the top because it is the one time of year we are all together. I just don't see the validation for why we need a specific date to want to spend time with each other. ./endrant

Ice Storm Canada... STAY AWAY ./swat

~Spazzer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Now don't see this as a Scrooge thread, people that enjoy Christmas are free to enjoy! This is a meer alternative to those that either don't celebrate or aren't fussed.

My personal opinion is Christmas is for children as a magically time. I send gifts on Christmas but only to immediate family (mum, siblings, niece & nephew) besides that I really aren't fussed. Gift giving and family bounding happens regardless of Christmas throughout the year and as I am agnostic I don't celebrate the religious side. Ultimately since I hit 18 (10 years ago) I haven't really celebrated Christmas Unfortunately however doing so is seemingly a stigma so you always have to put up the charade to people who ask you about Christmas
    Of course Christmas is mainly for the kids with the fat man breaking into their homes. When you grow up it's supposed to be about being happy, spending time with loved ones and making/exchanging gifts. Lol, and who sends gifts to anyone else than immediate family? Well, there are these types of people who like to at least once a year give a hot meal to the homeless.

I think you must be a very lonely and sad person not to enjoy Christmas even a little. Don't you have at least 1 person to give you a present or someone to make happy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ~1/3 of the world's population celebrates christmas.
    You are definitely not alone...

For most of the world it's not even a public holiday.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sleep in and basically eat.

I think it will be fun again when (if ever) I have kids.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just another day, not the same as when you were young. Now it's just a hassle, a thorn in my side.