Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Future race combos for Paladins?

I play Horde and hate our lack of choices, cows and belfs...yuk! Which races do you think Blizz will open up to Pallys, either from existing races or highly talked about (possible) future races.

Keep in mind that Blizz has clearly stated, many times, that lore will not interfere with gameplay (i.e. if we want to do it, we will). And while I could see them taking lore restrictions into consideration when chosing the next pally race, I dont think it would 100% rule out any race.

Deleted
    I want to be a Orc

most of the races on the horde that wield the light do so only through twisting lore, (undead priest, troll priest, and belf pallys) so i dont see why they couldnt twist it for orcs or trolls again. personally id love to see the trolls discover how to weild the light like alliance pallys do now that Vol'jin is warcheif, they could somehow work that in. . . .but the QQ level would be insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodjunky22 View Post
    most of the races on the horde that wield the light do so only through twisting lore, (undead priest, troll priest, and belf pallys) so i dont see why they couldnt twist it for orcs or trolls again. personally id love to see the trolls discover how to weild the light like alliance pallys do now that Vol'jin is warcheif, they could somehow work that in. . . .but the QQ level would be insane!
    Will be interesting to see what story line Blizz is making for Blood Elf pallies specifically in WOD. Am hoping against hope for undead palleis someday (lore twistign included of course)

I don't think any of them make sense apart from the current ones.

Goblins and trolls make no sense at all, Orc just doesn't seem right to me either. Forsaken is popular with some people simply because it's so perverse.

Unless some new race joins the Horde I don't see it happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

as a horde player im am really interested in new bloodknight lore. . . super stoked in fact. i really dont think we'll ever see the day of undead paladin . . .i just dont think its worth twisting that much lore about the light and how it works against the undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nelf Paladin because Tauren Paladins get their holy powers from the sun and the moon is just the reflection of the sun light.

No Undead Paladins. If they HAD to add Paladin to one of the current Horde races, I'd say Trolls before Undead and have Loa Paladins. But I'd rather have them add a new race with Paladin altogether like Vrykul to the Horde.

Is the dislike for Blood Elves and Tauren due to their crappy racials, or simply due to not liking the races themselves? If it's the former I'd recommend holding your breath until Blizzard releases the revamped racials in WoD. If it's the latter then I suppose not much can be done about that opinion.

However, the racials themselves are the best place to start since as you said they'll do gameplay over lore if they need to. Blizz has said they like to get all the pre-WotLK races up to par with goblins, worgen, and pandas. Based on that I'd expect both Belfs and Tauren to get something worthwhile and competitive in some sense. The profession bonuses are likely to stay, but I'd expect something like boosting a certain secondary stat by 1% like other races. Amp and mastery come to mind for Tauren and Belfs. War Stomp will hopefully be made more useful by getting rid of its cast time, increasing its stun time a bit, and allowing it to be used in all class shapeshift forms. Arcane Torrent could maybe get a damage-dealing option akin to the option goblins have between rocket barrage and rocket boost. That's just some tame differences though. I'm sure others could think of things that would be bigger changes but still work enough to even the playing field. Perhaps Belfs could get an ability to purge themselves of a magic effect and gain mana/other resources from it too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Possibly Pandaren. They have Priests already and cover both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Possibly Pandaren. They have Priests already and cover both factions.
    that could work, although id be a bit disappointed personally because i just don't feel pandas are really apart of either faction, fodder for the horde swarm!!

I could imagine Forsaken Paladins of the Forgotten Shadow, Basically Paladins that use shadow instead of light (the opposite side of a coin). All blizz would have to do is make a colour change to spells and their icons and maybe make a few abilities fast ticking dots instead of straight damage. Unlike death knights they would only use shadow(not unholy) and follow the order of the Forgotten Shadow, So a warrior shadow priest.

Or maybe the Forsaken resurrect a few really devout Knights of the Silver Hand that can withstand the pain of retaining and using their holy abilities..

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Paladin combos I don't see happening ever:
    Undead
    Worgen

Plausible:
    Troll
    Gnome
    Night Elf
    Pandaren (Second generation post-Wandering Isle)

Grey Area:
    Orc

I see very little reason an Orc could have faith in the Light, what with their shamanistic heritage. Only possible explanation would be Orc/Draenei hybrids, and that would also result in potential Draenic warlocks... A good reason to exclude both possiblities.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    I see very little reason an Orc could have faith in the Light, what with their shamanistic heritage.
    I see very little reason an Draenei could have faith in the shamanistic spirits, what with their Light blessed heritage.
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2013-12-24 at 05:17 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

15+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren would be the only ones I would say as Passable, other than that I would not like to see any races get Paladin, Horde or alliance otherwise.

I think that Druids, Shamans and Paladins should be restrictive lore wise on their races, and not be a FFA.

But really, the one thing that would absolutely KILL me is if Undead got Paladins. No thanks!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think any of the other races make sense to be Paladins. If the Horde need more Paladin races then they should add a race.
    While gameplay does trump lore this is only true to a point, they will not rewrite the story because of player wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    But really, the one thing that would absolutely KILL me is if Undead got Paladins. No thanks!
    I think that after the Sunwalkers, it is quite clear classes are templates for character building and nothing more.

Paladin=Defesive support melee magic user that in this MMORPG setting happens to be called paladin, as it could be called "Warrior of faith" and that is that. The Race/class combo is the thing that defines the character.

Human paladin= The Cavalier, the foot knight, the templar.
    Dwarf paladin=The Cleric, the Temple Guard
    Draenei paladin= The Vindicator, The Legion Hunter
    Tauren Paladin= The Sunwalkers, Armored Druids of the Sun
    Blood elf paladins=The Bloodknights, The Benders of Light, The Jailers of the Naaru

You should work from here to see if a race class combo makes sense me thinks and then say, if anything makes sense.

The "holy light" a forsaken paladin could wield, could be the light of the Valkyr, the Light of the souls of Old Lordaeron WHO knows?

But dont go to "the holy light will kill you, you are undead" deal because it is like saying to a kamikazee pilot "you do know that the crash will kill you right?"

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken Pallies already exist in the Lore, so no real reason to not include them as a Horde choice (especially if they introduce them along with an Exocist background).

There was a rumor I heard once that Dark Iron Dwarves would be a new Horde race, with High Elves a new Alliance race. Functionally, it would give Horde Dwarf class combos, and Allies Blood Elf class combos. Both have a place in Lore.

As to Orcs, with WoD coming out, there may very well be Lore reasons Orcs come to the Light as they avoid their Fel Fate.

SJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen Paladin makes complete sense, but I doubt Blizzard will be opening up more Alliance classes to Paladins.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddrik View Post
    The "holy light" a forsaken paladin could wield, could be the light of the Valkyr, the Light of the souls of Old Lordaeron WHO knows?

But dont go to "the holy light will kill you, you are undead" deal because it is like saying to a kamikazee pilot "you do know that the crash will kill you right?"
    That, and the fact that the Forsaken can wield the Holy Light.

They're about the only other Horde race I could see becoming paladins.

Deleted
    neither of the current races available. I want a brand new race with a spanking awesome epic character model. oh yeah, almost forgot. this race will be exclusive to horde paladins. one can only hope and dream.