Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would come back to wow if they made undead pallies. Favorite race and class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark View Post
    People who say Undead paladins make no sense and they can't see Undead paladins ever happening are clearly completely ignorant to the fact that it has already happened years ago.
    Zeliek is a very special case. Can't generalize.

In fact, the Undead make the most sense (in a classical fantasy way) for paladins out of the remaining races. They are humans, some of them were even paladins once. Paladin = knight.
    Um, no. No Forsaken has ever been a Paladin. The Forsaken are mostly people who succumbed to the Plague that turned them into zombies - and true Paladins were all immune to that. Some Paladins who fell in battles were raised afterwards by other means, of course - but as death knights, not as plague victims.

Secondly, paladins = knights, but knights =/= paladins. Paladins are "upgraded" knights.

Also, undead holy priests, tyvm.
    Again, just a gameplay mechanic. Lore-wise undead priests all use only shadow magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it weird that horde has better pallies and more pally organizations. Knights of the silverhand went neutral while horde has blood knights and sunwalkers...really?

Guessing next expansion will offer more horde pally lore and alliance shamans will be pretty much non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Also, Paladins are a force of good. In order to use their Light-given powers, they must act in good faith and truly believe that their cause is just and righteous and keep a good conscience. (I doubt that many people count the Scarlet Crusade "good", but they themselves believe they are doing the right thing.).
    Or they could just "take" these powers by Force exactly like the Blood elves did without any good faith, or even abuse the use of the light against the greater good but just for the sake of their people like Arthas....

I think that the only common thing in all of the above (quoted and not) is that the "Light" does not abandon you as long as you have faith to your cause and your actions. That is why "light" exists everywhere and in many forms in WoW and not just one "holy" form.

Gimme the lil' cute GNOMESSSSSS!

I am a menace to my own destiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    Nelf Paladin because Tauren Paladins get their holy powers from the sun and the moon is just the reflection of the sun light.

No Undead Paladins. If they HAD to add Paladin to one of the current Horde races, I'd say Trolls before Undead and have Loa Paladins. But I'd rather have them add a new race with Paladin altogether like Vrykul to the Horde.
    There were Nelf Paladins in the well of eternity dungeon. ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    I find it weird that horde has better pallies and more pally organizations. Knights of the silverhand went neutral while horde has blood knights and sunwalkers...really?

Guessing next expansion will offer more horde pally lore and alliance shamans will be pretty much non existent.
    For all intents and purposes, if the Forsaken got worse and the Horde defended them, the Argent Dawn / Crusade is ready and willing to join the Alliance.

The only races I can see for Paladin is.

Night Elf(Source:Elune)

Worgen(Source: The Light like Humans, Dwarves, Draenei ect)

Gnome(Why not)

Troll(Zandalari Freethinker)

Maybe Orc.

What possible future races could be made pallies? Naga, ogre?

why no undead? they could be paladin befor dying ?

could be a paladin that missed his bubble and died.. !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    What possible future races could be made pallies? Naga, ogre?
    What on earth?! Why either of them?

Neither are fitting Paladins.

Honestly, it's hard to say what "possible races" because the pickings are quite slim, and Naga and Ogres are at the bottom of the list.

Pandaren is as close as you're going to get with that.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    why no undead? could be a paladin that missed his bubble and died.. !
    That'll just be a dead paladin.

I never really bought the whole Sunwalker thing. Dwarves, humans, draenei and blood elves make the most sense.

Deleted
    Eh. To be fair, horde deserve another Paladin race, regardless of lore considerations simply because the current choices are Tauren and Belf. Neither which are exactly the most popular races. (Which I can understand. An upright cow and metrosexual former junkies? No thanks)

I've considered faction changing a few times personally, but the equation of "main character being a Pally" and "Horde only offering Belfs and Tauren" don't mix well for me. I can understand how many don't care about that, but those who just don't want to play Tauren/Belf... REALLY don't want to play tauren/belf.

Deleted
    Pandaren is the only race I can make sense of -- though thinking about it, they'll look wierd in the almighty Judgement set!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonTirri View Post
    Eh. To be fair, horde deserve another Paladin race, regardless of lore considerations simply because the current choices are Tauren and Belf. Neither which are exactly the most popular races. (Which I can understand. An upright cow and metrosexual former junkies? No thanks)

I've considered faction changing a few times personally, but the equation of "main character being a Pally" and "Horde only offering Belfs and Tauren" don't mix well for me. I can understand how many don't care about that, but those who just don't want to play Tauren/Belf... REALLY don't want to play tauren/belf.
    I hardly think that's any major reason to do anything ever. There's really nothing to be "deserved", and thrusting a class upon a race "just because people didn't like the options" is really just catering to the wrong group to begin with.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Why cant undead be paladins? There's a lot of undead in the argent crusade.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonTirri View Post
    Eh. To be fair, horde deserve another Paladin race, regardless of lore considerations simply because the current choices are Tauren and Belf. Neither which are exactly the most popular races.
    You didn't do a whole lot of research with this one did you? Horde have been majority Belf since BC, the main races that comprise the Horde have become their own footnote to the influx of anime pretty-boys. Go Tauren if you must and fight the trend.

Not sure why the whole "Horde have 2 options and Alliance have 3, Horde need another one to make it even." argument comes up, why does it need to be even? I've never understood that and no one has been able to offer a convincing argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Icathian View Post
    Surely this has been asked and answered enough times by now.
    Last edited by Hattai; 2013-12-28 at 12:46 AM.

They all aren't Paladins though..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    Surely this has been asked and answered enough times by now.
    Care to elaborate? You could've done so in that phrase instead of saying that. =P

There are undead priests already, surely they can twist lore a bit to make them paladin-able just like they did with blood elves

10+ Year Old Account
    There is only one undead in the Argent Crusade, and he's an exception. The Argent Crusade was formed to combat the Scourge undeads.

Care to elaborate? You could've done so in that phrase instead of saying that. =P

There are undead priests already, surely they can twist lore a bit to make them paladin-able just like they did with blood elves
    Lore twisting is bad, especially because of your reasoning.