Poll: Gold Wipe....yes or no?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gold WIPE at RoS Launch

The Auction House is the main reason why we see so many people walking around with billions of gold. For many out there that were never able to find that one good item and sell it on the AH will obviously have a disadvantage and shortage of gold going into RoS especially since at current, trading/selling good items is forbidden.

The problem I see is that the Mystic is suppose to be a giant gold sink to filter that AH gold out of the economy, yet at the same time the people who have always been broke such as myself barely carrying 20mill at a time will always be scrambling to find some extra gold just to buy potions or gem their new piece of gear.

I strongly believe that there needs to be a GOLD WIPE at the start of the expansion. There is no real reason not to as players aren't really losing anything. The only thing gold was ever used for was to buy things on the AH and since this is no longer a thing, gold will only be used for crating items and using the mystic.

The way I see it is that GOLD drops should become important again. I can't tell you how many hours of streams I watch of people just ignoring stacks of 500+ gold just because it was a waste of time to pick up because they knew the AH was already going to make it up to them.

This makes an even playing field for everyone and permanently fixes all the damage the AH so badly caused. The job is only half finished if you remove the AH but don't remove the AH gold. That is like digging a ditch but forgetting to fill it back up again.

There's no need to even the playing field, since it's not competitive. Either prepare for the expansion and build up a gold stash or don't.

If you're looking for competitive playing fields, wait until the Ladder is reintroduced, that'll be up your alley.

Deleted
    Why do you care if someone else has 200 billion gold? Does it have any impact on you while playing the game? No. So why care?
    Just leave them be, there's no need to piss off a portion of the players.

It sounds like they've added in better ways for us to get gold, no? As long as I'm not finding myself unable to do things because I wasn't super rich going into the expansion, then I'm not finding much incentive to care about how much gold anyone else has.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see any advantage to this. Once the AH goes away, the amount of gold other people have becomes totally irrelevant since it doesn't impact a game economy. Wiping their gold would be extremely unfair and upsetting to the people who had, for example, spent real money on that gold, and for no particular end.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no point in gold wipe.
    There will be ladder that will reset every 5-6 month.

You can either keep your gold or to compete with other players.
    Obviously there is no reason to wipe anything for someone who does not want to.

Deleted
    The gold isn't hurting anyone so why take it away? It can't impact the economy, it can't give any "advantage", since there is no advantage to give in a single player game. Also not everyone used the AH - I used the AH extensively on my EU account, but I also have a USA account which I used to level from scratch after I'd stopped playing for a year on the EU. I didn't do any trading, any buying, had no other characters to help me farm gear or gold, and the money I've made on that account is exactly the way it would have been made if the AH didn't exist.

That being said, I don't really need my gold for anything so if there had been a wipe I wouldn't be particularly upset, but I don't see any advantage to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I earned that gold one way or another I'd rather keep it, pita to get another load.

Gold isnt that much usefull in ROS anyway

This is a stupid, stupid idea. Absolutely no.

Disadvantage of what? Is there a competition going on that I don't know about?

Wipe the gold and give everyone who looses a ton of gold a feat of strength. Something like "No Life".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Wipe the gold and give everyone who looses a ton of gold a feat of strength. Something like "No Life".
    You're on a gaming forum saying people who play games a lot (although in this case, you're wrong because you can just pay a tenner for a small fortune) have no life, go figure.

+1 for non biased pole! Thank you. I voted for No, there's no need to wipe gold.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

No. This is an expansion....it expands?

Gold Wipe is exactly as useless as a gear wipe. Won´t happen, since there is absolutely no reason behind that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guy spends 100 dollars on gold
    Guy spends 60 dollars on RoS CE
    Guy's gold gets wiped at RoS launch

Guy very very angry.

Seriously though, it's already been said, there's no point to it and you wouldn't be able to repair or craft or anything until you started getting enough from drops. What if you start with a 50k repair bill and have 0 gold? They'd have to wipe repairs and everything, lol. But yeah, biggest reason would definitely be the fact that people spent either a lot of real money buying it or a lot of time playing AH for it.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Not needed - billions of gold can only grant you better gems and a few minor things without AH.

As i'm playing PTR, it's really awesome to just get a char from lvl1 and raise him. Finished hard difficulty at 40, now restarting at Expert (no adventure mode if no beta).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

No, I earned that gold and I'm damn well keeping it.

with the removal of the AH (even then), having alot of gold gives absolutely no advantage over the next player when the game isn't even a pure multiplayer game

Asking for a wipe here is like asking for wipe when a new port of a game (like Final fantasy) releases to "even the playing field"