Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    this is one heated ele thread. almost like lava. bursting with anger!!

  2. #42
    Yea, there's lightning in the air.....

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    this is one heated ele thread. almost like lava. bursting with anger!!
    I lol'd, very punny of you

  4. #44
    Sim it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    These logs prove nothing.
    Nice rankings, bro.
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

  5. #45
    once you get your meta, the time has come.

  6. #46
    The best ele shaman in the world shouldn't need to ask random people on a public forum when to go mastery. You're an extremely mid level shaman and none of those guilds have ever had any contact with you. Your logs speak for themselves as well as your progress. No one that's still 8/14H is even close to best in the world at anything. You've done nothing in this thread but come off as a huge douchebag and I have no idea why this crap is still open.

  7. #47
    Hey all, hereby i would like to share my humble opinion/findings. I play a 570 ilvl ele sham with 10/14 hc progress.

    My experience from last couple of months tells me that u should never go for mastery cuz the proc is basically the same as a crit ( double dmg). What i do is i go full haste build for the following reasons:

    -U get more spells off during high burst momenst like when hero, ascendance, UF buff or some nuke phase.

    -simcraft tells me to go for more haste eventho i already have a haste build, 41% haste, 71% mastery, so more haste keeps increasing my dps and this goes for patchwerk, helterskelter and heavy movement fightsyle, i always sim those 3.

    -U will get more lava surge procs so more lava bursts to spam which is ur main dmg spell

    -Haste will indirectly benefit ur mastery because with more haste u get to cast more spells where mastery ( and crit) can proc on.

    -I can easely compete with the insane dps from the lock and mage from our guild on single en multi targets eventho ppl seem to think shams need a dps buff..., with my old mastery build i was always on the bottom of dps list ( i tried out a lot of builds trying to balance haste and mastery using sim but full haste seems the way to go)

    A little side note, we all know haste is better for single target dps but for hectic cleave fights a lot of time simcraft puts crit higher than mastery so i dont see why mastery is even being considered for ele shams. Now we can also take crit out of the equation because it doesnt benefit our main spell ( LB) so i think haste is the only stat for elemental.

    If there are mistakes in my reasoning feel free to correct, think im missing something big since everyone wants mastery
    Last edited by stormss; 2014-01-04 at 10:55 PM.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by ProllyDaBest View Post
    i agree with this
    Well, I don't. Currently sitting at work, so I can't provide the right numbers, but being at 576 with 96% Mastery and 36% Haste brings me already under the GCD of LvB during BL.

    We had several discussions on this topic over at totemspot, you can find all answers over there. And from my honest opinion and experience, a Mastery build is better for reasons already pointed out.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by stormss View Post
    Hey all, hereby i would like to share my humble opinion/findings. I play a 570 ilvl ele sham with 10/14 hc progress.

    My experience from last couple of months tells me that u should never go for mastery cuz the proc is basically the same as a crit ( double dmg). What i do is i go full haste build for the following reasons:

    -U get more spells off during high burst momenst like when hero, ascendance, UF buff or some nuke phase.

    -simcraft tells me to go for more haste eventho i already have a haste build, 41% haste, 71% mastery, so more haste keeps increasing my dps and this goes for patchwerk, helterskelter and heavy movement fightsyle, i always sim those 3.

    -U will get more lava surge procs so more lava bursts to spam which is ur main dmg spell

    -Haste will indirectly benefit ur mastery because with more haste u get to cast more spells where mastery ( and crit) can proc on.

    -I can easely compete with the insane dps from the lock and mage from our guild on single en multi targets eventho ppl seem to think shams need a dps buff..., with my old mastery build i was always on the bottom of dps list ( i tried out a lot of builds trying to balance haste and mastery using sim but full haste seems the way to go)

    A little side note, we all know haste is better for single target dps but for hectic cleave fights a lot of time simcraft puts crit higher than mastery so i dont see why mastery is even being considered for ele shams. Now we can also take crit out of the equation because it doesnt benefit our main spell ( LB) so i think haste is the only stat for elemental.

    If there are mistakes in my reasoning feel free to correct, think im missing something big since everyone wants mastery
    you're mostly right.

    you don't really get any more spells out during hero though. 'mastery' builds still have 12k+ haste, which puts you pretty close to the GCD during hero.

    haste is better for single target, yes.

    a mastery build doesn't mean 'stack all mastery and have shit haste'. it means, have decent haste, then lots of mastery.

    maybe crit is better for cleave/aoe. but it's not great for single target. mastery is solid for both. so once you have decent amounts of haste, most eles work on getting their mastery up, for better cleaving and aoe.

  10. #50
    lightning bolt with hero im at 1.09 secs and meta + hero im at 0.837 secs which makes casting a bit iffy but why should u make a build for a 45secs moment during a 6+ min fight? Without hero i dont think it's possible to go below gcd, otherwise i would definately stop stacking haste, we'll see, it's probably around 44% haste making this kinda the haste cap. Looking at sim this seems correct since it wants to bring me to around 43-44% haste.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by stormss View Post
    lightning bolt with hero im at 1.09 secs and meta + hero im at 0.837 secs which makes casting a bit iffy but why should u make a build for a 45secs moment during a 6+ min fight? Without hero i dont think it's possible to go below gcd, otherwise i would definately stop stacking haste, we'll see, it's probably around 44% haste making this kinda the haste cap. Looking at sim this seems correct since it wants to bring me to around 43-44% haste.
    You either go full mastery, haste or a balanced build.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  12. #52
    i realy wanna try a full haste build again.. but not sure if its worth it

  13. #53
    Brewmaster Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,418
    Wanted to post in the same thread as the greatest elemental shaman in the world.

    @OP: Sim yourself, but it'll likely tell you to go with a haste build.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •