patch 6.0.2 new group finder addon

***Warning***
    Please do not discuss pros & cons of oqueue, you will get this thread locked. Please.
    Please do not derail the thread about the pros and cons about oqueue, threads keep getting locked by mods because people keep derailing the thread, and only solution being presented is oqueue. There has to be more options.
    ***Warning***

Apparently I fail at google or I'm operating on bad information.

I heard rumor that blizzard opened up the group finder backend api to the community. Allowing addons to be created that can fix all the current issues with the patch 6 group finder.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...e-replacement/
    After googling, I can't find one blizzard post saying they were opening the api (unless its just open by default).
    I also can't find any addons using the group finders backend api (outside of oqueue, I would prefer a number of options so I have a choice).
    WintersLegion found it http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...e-replacement/

TL;DR;
    Does anyone know of an addon that uses the group finder api, that isn't oqueue ?

***Disclaimer***
    Please do not derail the thread about the pros and cons about oqueue, threads keep getting locked by mods because people keep derailing the thread, and only solution being presented is oqueue. There has to be more options.
    Last edited by booradlly; 2014-10-27 at 02:36 AM.

oqueue uses the new group finder api entirely (no more battle.net mesh/friend spam)

But I don't use oqueue. I heard he pushes addon updates that don't update anything at all just to get people to download from his website and generate ad revenue. If you want to see how it does it though, may as well look at the addon's code.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    oqueue uses the new group finder api entirely (no more battle.net mesh/friend spam)

But I don't use oqueue. I heard he pushes addon updates that don't update anything at all just to get people to download from his website and generate ad revenue. If you want to see how it does it though, may as well look at the addon's code.
    Please read my disclaimer. I really really don't want this thread locked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    This is exactly what I was looking for, not sure how I failed so miserably at google. Adding the link to OP, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post

What?! He makes something for free and expects you to generate him a little money from evil advertising corporations in return? THE VILLAIN!

Seriously though, it's not like that's a particularly shitty thing to be doing. I quit wow above a year ago now but oqueue was one of the best things to happen (till the "I don't want to have to actually DO shit" mouthbreathers found it at least). Friends made from that enabled a complete "drop in" battleground team whenever I wanted that actually kicked decent ass (2k with effectively "randoms" but... good randoms). It made my time in wow vastly more interesting.

Having to take 5 minutes to re-download a few MB of addon once a month doesn't really seem all that onerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    What?! He makes something for free and expects you to generate him a little money from evil advertising corporations in return? THE VILLAIN!

Seriously though, it's not like that's a particularly shitty thing to be doing. I quit wow above a year ago now but oqueue was one of the best things to happen (till the "I don't want to have to actually DO shit" mouthbreathers found it at least). Friends made from that enabled a complete "drop in" battleground team whenever I wanted that actually kicked decent ass (2k with effectively "randoms" but... good randoms). It made my time in wow vastly more interesting.

Having to take 5 minutes to re-download a few MB of addon once a month doesn't really seem all that onerous.
    PLEASE READ MY DISCLAIMER and dont get my thread locked.

I like the new Group Finder, but I can see room for improvement. I was hoping I could find an addon for it that gave it extra functionality sometime. I also need to find a guide about it in case there are little details I'm missing about it. I had tried OQ once or twice in the past, but I never cared for the bnet spam. So i won't compare the two. But i do like the new system. it just needs more options. Which I feel it will get eventually.

Some wow addon developers were discussing it, but apparently there is nothing in the works yet
    It's also not as easy as it sounds to create a replacement addon

http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=21781

Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    Some wow addon developers were discussing it, but apparently there is nothing in the works yet
    It's also not as easy as it sounds to create a replacement addon

http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=21781
    Wow, this is awesome, thanks!

I was trying to look for something else to use too BooRadlly...There is NOTHING out there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Yeah you must have been gone VERY LONG cause before 6.0.2 you had to update it every 3-5 days! with literaly ZERO changes.