Realm/cross-realm checkbox for LFG/LFR

I was thinking - why not having checkbox in lfr/lfg window where we can choose realm/cross-realm queue?

At least we would have a choice what we want to queue for. It might turn up more people want to go only with their realm players, even if it means waiting longer. Not to mention strengthening realm social bonds among players.
    Others who dont care can still do crossrealm.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    I was thinking - why not having checkbox in lfr/lfg window where we can choose realm/cross-realm queue?

At least we would have a choice what we want to queue for. It might turn up more people want to go only with their realm players, even if it means waiting longer. Not to mention strengthening realm social bonds among players.
    Others who dont care can still do crossrealm.

What do you think?
    Just trying to understand what difference does it make WHERE the players come from? Personally I like seeing other realm players that I will probably never meet... but why would you want to limit it to ONLY your server?

that makes no sense.. the idea is to include ALL realms to make the queues that much shorter..

Social bonds.. that's what GUILDS are for.. you want to build relationships do a FLEX or Normal where you have to invite people (other than bNet friends) from your server.... LFR is RANDOM, doesn't matter what pool that random comes from, you aren't doing anything except clearing content, save the social interaction for forums. Boss segments take long enough as it is with people getting distracted and chatting so much.. we don't need MORE distractions by involving just the local realm.. you can also queue for LFR WITH people from your realm so in essence you are doing it wrong.
    Last edited by rjparker1; 2013-12-24 at 07:34 PM.

Ofc it matters where lfd/lfr pool comes from.
    When it is cross-realm, there is very small chance to meet those people again, there is just no time to get to know them. When pool is realm only, chance to meet someone again is quite high. In TBC era, I made a lot of friends during dungeons runs, where we meet eachother almost everyday and started making friends.
    Also, with cross-realm anonimity, some people tend to act like jerks and make others bitter refusing any contact which normally they would do.
    Guild social bonds are kinda ok, but mostly for long term guild mates. New or returning players cant get that easy inside, other guildies have already established communication, jokes, themes of conversation etc. Also, guilds polarized in those huge "social" ones where no one talks or helps eachother and those hardcore who only ask about item level.

Now, Im not saying to remove cross-realm queue, just add an option to queue realm only along with present cross-realm. I would agree with much longer queue time, maybe it would be possible to actually meet someone in game and make friends.

It doesn't matter.

I meet people from my current realm in dungeons and I almost never see them again. If they act a fool, I don't go around telling everyone "so and so is a jerk". Chances are, I'll never see them again even if I queue only with my server.