Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

so i came back..

I returned to wow again after two or three months and decided to play my shaman who wwas a fresh 90 , basically im wondering what to do , I don't have any progress on the legendary cloak, is it worth farming it? And how long would it take? Im at 512 ilevel now

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you're 512, you dont need Timeless Isle for gearing purposes. (Can go there for fun stuff though.) Just run Siege of Org LFR and Flex if you feel like pugging, its pretty easy (and may have a better experience). The legendary questline will take you a while, so if you feel like it get it, will take you some time, like 2 months maybe less if you're really lucky.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-12-24 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    A couple weeks.
    I know the items drop more frequently, and from more bosses, but I'd wager it will still take longer than 2 weeks. That is, unless you get really good drops. Took me 9 weeks to get 12 runestones

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait you have to get runestones?!
    Thanks a lot though guys, time to start pugging on illidan, should go terrible .
    Also merry christmas.

Go to wowhead or one of those sites then type in whatever quest you are currently on and search. You will see what you have left to do and the comments should give you an idea of how long it takes. The back piece is a huge jump in dmg, healing and survival depending on your spec. If you want to do end game it is worth getting for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    I know the items drop more frequently, and from more bosses, but I'd wager it will still take longer than 2 weeks. That is, unless you get really good drops. Took me 9 weeks to get 12 runestones
    You get 2 for sure now from Sha in SoO and the end of ToT. Even with the worst rng in the world it couldn't take 9 weeks now unless you skipped them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    A couple weeks.
    One of the steps requires attaining 3 weeks worth of valor points from scratch. So, no.

Even with all bosses from all LFRs dropping Sigils for stage 1, and ToT and SoO both dropping Secrets Of The Empire, and the first eight bosses in SoO dropping Titan Runestones, you have a LOT of bosses to farm.

I was in exactly the same boat - got a shaman alt up and decided to give the questline a crack. In 2 resets I was finished with Stage One. In three more resets I'll be finished with Stage Two (collecting 3000 Valor). After that I'll need another few resets for Secrets of the Empire. And don't get me started on Titan Runestones.

You'll need a few months, at least.

(ps you can do everything in LFR, and it doesn't affect you. Doesn't matter if you kill a boss on LFR, normal, Flex or Heroic - you have ONE CHANCE per week of a quest item, and you can't kill that boss again for an item on the next stage if you finish one stage halfway through the week as it counts as you having "looted" that boss already).
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I don't understand. You stopped playing two or three months ago? Then what has changed? 5.4 dropped 3 months ago so if you quit before that then look at the 5.4 patch notes and do the new stuff. A few months is nothing. You haven't missed anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    3k test of valor. so 3 weeks on valor. give it 2 months at least to get the cloak starting at valor

Deleted
    I would say 6-8 weeks if your starting from chapter 1 for the legendary cloak, it will give you something to do

I also really suggest picking up oQueue it will help a lot not only with SoO Flex runs but World Bosses and Rep Grind groups.

Make sure you do Celestial every week, and when you get the cloak do Ordos every week

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    The legendary isn't as fre and easy to obtain as many on these forums claim. It will take a few months of doing outdated thus in other ways useless content repeatedly. I wouldn't recommend starting it.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    Thanks a lot though guys, time to start pugging on illidan, should go terrible .
    Also merry christmas.
    Use the cross realm raid browser to do celstials and flex mode every week. I always find a group with it in a few minutes.

If you can't get it in 1 week, you suck at WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple weeks.
    No progress on the cloak, and you wanna tell him it takes 2 weeks? LOL
    You already need 3 weeks to get the 3000 VP for the one quest.. Now we haven't even touched to collect the various stones.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple weeks.
    This is absolute bullshit.

The valor part alone takes 3 weeks, let alone the Titan Runestones, the PvP, the Secrets, the 10 of Sigil, etc etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also merry christmas.
    Not just runestones.. Those come last.. 12 of them.. And you will not get them all 12 in 1 week. More like 2 - 3 weeks. But there's more items before those. 20 sigils for example.....
    Here's a guide:
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=217993/m...pdated-for-5-4
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Assuming you do all the available bosses each week I think it's going to take at least 11 weeks to get the cloak... Realistically it will probably take longer.

2 Weeks for sigils
    3 weeks to earn 3k valor (This quest can't be started till after you have completed the sigils quest and you can't start the secrets quest until it's completed)
    3-4 weeks to farm the 20 secrets.
    3-4 weeks for the 12 runestones....

This is an optimistic estimate. Can't see it being any faster than that even with decent RNG.

There are also a few other quests, solo scenario's, battleground quest and the rep grind but those shouldn't really delay getting the cloak.

Here's the wowhead guide :
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=217993/m...pdated-for-5-4
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-12-24 at 02:01 PM.

I returned to wow again after two or three months and decided to play my shaman who wwas a fresh 90 , basically im wondering what to do , I don't have any progress on the legendary cloak, is it worth farming it? And how long would it take? Im at 512 ilevel now

Came back to wow about 2 months ago and managed to get my main to ilvl 561 (lol ilvl's) heres my advice;

1) This xpac really blows I woudn't bother going hardcore with end game normal or heroic modes. Find a laid back raiding guild. Good luck finding a hardcore or even semi-hardcore guild without certain required X amount of ilvl (people will base your skills with the ilvl you have smh lol) plus legendary cloak plus achievement on a Garrosh kill. Not unless theyre willing to carry you.

2) Legendary cloak is obtainable in less than 2 months, run lfrs, flex and sure eventually normal mode why not.

3) If gold/professions is not a problem for you I'd start farming for the next xpac that looks more promising.

4) Wait for xpac.
    Last edited by Igby; 2013-12-24 at 01:54 PM.
    We didn't wipe 100 times. We just found 100 ways how not to down a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Igby View Post

2) Legendary cloak is obtainable in less than 2 months, run lfrs, flex and sure eventually normal mode why not.
    Not going to happen in 8 weeks...If you got it in 8 weeks without any previous quest chain progress then you must have got a quest item to drop from almost every boss. It takes 3 weeks alone for the test of valor and there's no way you are going to get 10 of both types of sigil, 20 secrets and 12 Titan runestones in 5 weeks..

Also it's LFR, flex, normal OR heroic difficulty for the quest items (all difficulties have the same drop chance). Once you've killed a boss on any difficulty you can't get quest items from that boss on another difficulty in that raid reset regardless of wether or not a quest item dropped the 1st time. The only exception to this is the Chimera of Fear from Sha of Fear and Heart of the Thunder King from Lei Shen which can be obtained at any time and on any difficulty once you have the quests for them regardless of wether you already killed the bosses in the reset during which you got the quest..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'd wager it takes a minimum of 3 weeks since you have to earn that valor...
    And that quest is only obtained after you've completed the sigils quest and you can't pick up the secrets quest till after A test of valor is completed. Even if a quest item dropped from every single boss it would take you about 6 weeks.. and we all know that's not going to happen.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-12-24 at 02:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    On week 6 on my new main and I am at 10 secrets still. bleh.