Poll: Is there a certain time?

Is it to soon to go to her parents?

I have been with this girl since October 22nd. she has invited me to her family christmas. I told her how I felt about it. I feel that it is to early to go to her family event.

I have met her parents already so that does not bother me, I just feel we should be together longer before meeting eachothers extended families.

What do you all think? Is there a certain amount of time that should pass before doing stuff like this? Or would you jump right in to this example?

I don't think it should bother you tbh.... but as you're only seeing her for about two months, w/e you decide should be acceptable...

10+ Year Old Account
    go for it, get some, yo

She is totally inviting you into a foursome with her parents. Are they hot? Does she have a cute sister? The possabilities are endless. ENDLESS.

Otoh, if you are uncomfortable with it, talk to her instead of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    October, dude it's completely normal you go to their parents with christmas. Noone ever likes it, but it is part of being in a relationship.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

2 months does feel a bit short, but if you care for this girl and intend to pursue a long-term relationship with her, then yes, you should totally go for it.

You've already met her parents, so at least both you and they know what to expect in that regard. If they are cool with you coming over, then the sooner the better.

Just know that by the end of the day, you'll have ventured into the abyss and come out alive. It will only be easier the next time.

Sounds like you have been watching one to many teen movies.

Meeting someones parents isn't a step...it doesn't imply a relationship moving too quick...it doesn't imply marriage/commitment/ect.

They are people no different. It's nothing more then an event and an experience. She isn't brewing in her mind "If he decides to go to Christmas with my family... hes totally going to Jared to propose to me."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    She is totally inviting you into a foursome with her parents. Are they hot? Does she have a cute sister? The possabilities are endless. ENDLESS.

Otoh, if you are uncomfortable with it, talk to her instead of us.
    Agreed, since you already know her parents I would advise skipping the small talk about Christmas and laying out which possibilities suit your needs.
    Always a good conversation starter, if her sister's BF is also present you may want to skip mentioning her depending on how big he is.
    If you feel like you can take him, include her in your plans.
    Let us know how it worked out !

more serious : What Obi said, just talk to her, it's just a Christmas dinner so don't really see the problem but if you don't want to just let her know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you should really care. Personally I wouldn't care. It is only family and they are only people.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    unless she is 18 and your like a 60+ cradle snatcher, then yes go with her to her parents for Christmas.

Deleted
    Depends how much of an extended family there is. But still, you've dated 2 months, you've already met the parents so I don't think it's too soon.

Deleted
    Well, if you really like her, you should be happy she invited you. Means she is really committed to a long relationship with you instead of a quick fuck. I would deffinetly go because it shows her you are also dedicated to a long relationship.

I hate families. Where the fuck are all the attractive orphans?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not think it is too soon at all, but I also think it depends on how serious this event is. Is it a fun Family get-together or is it a serious Religious event? If it is a serious event will you be comfortable with w/e her Families beliefs are? Is she going to your Families Celebration or w/e ya'll do?
    It all needs to be taken in context, not just a blanket "should I got" imo.

Awkwardness with another family. Sure to be fun!

tbh, you've been dating her for months, suck it up and go or break up. If you think it's too early, you're just not into the relationship. Not saying it's going to be all fun and games there, but it's the holidays. Now, if you have a tradition with your family that's stopping you from going, that's a different story...but I didn't see that posted

I think you are over thinking things. I think she just wants some company on Christmas and likes you a lot.

2 things to think about ....

A: Do you have Other options ? .... if the other option is to sit by yourself then you should not think about this atall ...... go for it .... you know it might be a fantastic evening, if it turns out to be not so fantastic then get drunk and do somthing stupid ... atleast you have somthing to talk about next year then

B: The food ...... you have to know if the food is good !! this is possible the first of many dinners at her parents .... you need to find out what you are heading into.... this is a good time to find out if you need to get a sandwich before and after there dinners !

Go for it !

my opinion is that it kinda depends on your age and family situation. If your older and dont have plans to spend xmas with your family then it would to me seem like the sensible choice. On the other hand if you are younger and have your family to spend xmas with then her family may think its a little wierd you chose them over your own.