Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Should I Expect a Perma-Ban?

I came back to WoW about two months ago and started to enjoy the Timeless Isle. I noticed that it seemed to be somewhat of a free-for-all in General Chat with people saying some of the most misogynistic, homophobic, racist, transphobic crap I've ever seen in a video game. After about a month, I started in on the conversation myself.

Yesterday I received a warning for something I said on 12/11/2013. What's even funnier is it got tagged as Harassment toward another player even though it was a critique of a pop star and a terribly annoying song of hers directed at no one in General Chat. <snip: no real names>

Since then, I've said worse. Even if behavior is changed and I just leave general chat altogether, am I going to get a flood of these emails from 12/11/2013 - 12/23/2013 for a number of other infractions that will lead to a perma-ban?

Oh well, at least on my last time spent in Azeroth I will spend all my time policing Timeless Isle general chat.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-12-24 at 10:26 PM.

I doubt it

but if it does happen you can always appeal and its not like you was cheating by botting or some shit

I once got banned for quoting a Tupac song... It was during WotLK
    Never bothered typing anything other than WTS / LFG / LFM in trade ever since.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    You deserve whatever you get. Why say things like that? You don't sound like a good person.

I doubt it, continue as usual.

So .... you did bad things that you did know was bad becurse ..... others did it ?

It is not likely that you get perma banned now but do go on and test your luck.

Deleted
    When you start talking shit, you should expect to get banned, even perm banned, but I think you know that already. But I don't think you'll get perm banned for that, if it wasn't something really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    One incident = one warning, even if it is reported 7M times. Besides, I was permabanned for language, and have been here ever since. I prefer it here. Fuck the official forums As for ingame chat, you gotta watch that shit. Some conservative tree hugging shithead will drop a dime on your ass so fast you will wish they forced you back into dailies.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2013-12-24 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    One incident = one warning, even if it is reported 7M times. Besides, I was permabanned for language, and have been here ever since. I prefer it here. Fuck the official forums As for ingame chat, you gotta watch that shit. Some conservative tree hugging shithead will drop a dime on your ass so fast you will wish they forced you back into dailies.
    Yeah, I get the One Incident = One Warning, but that incident I got the warning occurred 13 days and I'm sure I've said plenty of stuff that is warning worthy in those 13 days on the Timeless Isle. With the volcano of warning/suspension thingy, if I get reported, say for 5 other incidents in those 13 days before they warned me, would they still perma-ban?

Edit: and honestly, I don't really care if they do perma-ban me. I will just read which will probably be more rewarding than playing WoW, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Yeah, I get the One Incident = One Warning, but that incident I got the warning occurred 13 days and I'm sure I've said plenty of stuff that is warning worthy in those 13 days on the Timeless Isle. With the volcano of warning/suspension thingy, if I get reported, say for 5 other incidents in those 13 days before they warned me, would they still perma-ban?

Edit: and honestly, I don't really care if they do perma-ban me. I will just read which will probably be more rewarding than playing WoW, lol.
    Yeah, 1 report per incident, would only take 4 incidents. That is how I lost my first account. I flew off the handle in Trade Chat for a Week about Karazhan and a guild thief pretty much calling him everything but his name. You may yet suffer for it. Better ask Santa for a reprieve... and a mouth filter Do what I do now. /ignore. I won't even give the little fucker the satisfaction.

Or maybe you could try not being an immature little brat... Just a thought.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've played WoW since the begining of 2005, a few months after Launch.

Since then I have said just about every foul/bad word you could imagine many 1000's of times each all as Verbs, Nouns and Adjectives.

I've been temp-banned only once for 72hours.

This was for making a Bald black Character and gathering with so many others in the Elwynn forest Watermelon farm that we crashed the Server.

I doubt you will get banned, let alone suspended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimailkall View Post
    Or maybe you could try not being an immature little brat... Just a thought.
    Funny thing about human nature. Some people have a short fuse and a foul mouth. We can't all love Jesus with a 10 foot stick in our ass. Sometimes, we just let it go. But, we always have some nose in the air, goody fucking two shoes to tattle on us and snap us back in line. Maybe instead of offering advice to those who do no seek such counsel, you might just add them to ignore and not comment at all. Just a thought.

Deleted
    Most likely not. Before you get perma-banned you will most likely get suspended a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Funny thing about human nature. Some people have a short fuse and a foul mouth. We can't all love Jesus with a 10 foot stick in our ass. Sometimes, we just let it go. But, we always have some nose in the air, goody fucking two shoes to tattle on us and snap us back in line. Maybe instead of offering advice to those who do no seek such counsel, you might just add them to ignore and not comment at all. Just a thought.
    If you're being a douche just for the sake of being a douche or because all of the "cool kids" are being immature then why would I want to tolerate it? And this has absolutely nothing to do with loving Jesus; where did you come up with that ridiculous conclusion?

10+ Year Old Account
    i once got a 3 hours ban during tbc because of calling someone '' cheap b.tch '' via whisper. same person got a 3 days ban because of calling me faggot.

interesting, isn't it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimailkall View Post
    If you're being a douche just for the sake of being a douche or because all of the "cool kids" are being immature then why would I want to tolerate it? And this has absolutely nothing to do with loving Jesus; where did you come up with that ridiculous conclusion?
    There are some people who like being a douche for the sake of being one. Some of us just have a short fuse and a foul mouth. Also, you don't have to tolerate anything. Moments like those are why Blizz has an ignore feature. It's usually the Bible folk who are most easily offended yet continue to play an online game with anonymous assholes. People who are "easily offended" have no place in an unmonitored medium.

Deleted
    No u most def wont get banned, Ive said the worst things possible tons of times in general and in whisper never got a minute of bans, u def wont get Perma banned nad probably not even a day at most

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    i once got a 3 hours ban during tbc because of calling someone '' cheap b.tch '' via whisper. same person got a 3 days ban because of calling me faggot.

interesting, isn't it ?
    Yeah, I got a temp ban back in TBC for calling someone an asshole in general chat. I was doing a quest involving rescuing kids from Arrokkoa in Terrokar and some rogue came up and starting grabbing cages while I was fighting mobs.

Then I started playing on Aussie servers and pretty much anything goes there.

Deleted
    so you decided to become a sheep & follow everyone elses example?
    maybe the warning may actually make you think for yourself in future, instead of copying the low lifes that have nothing better to say in /general.