Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    you poor, poor peeps.

I'm 32, I watch shows like the amazing atheist, angry joe, cult of dusty and others related to seeing society for the shit its really about. I tell people to go f*** themselves if they're being of a nature they need to be told, and in general and dislike many people for the way they act.

But despite that, I still manage to enjoy just a few days, this time of the year, since it has meaning. I only give presents to my immediate family and close friends, I get to enjoy there company with what feels like a real reason to hang with them, just enjoying the festivities.

If a grumpy old bastard like me can get into the spirit for just a few days, I don't get what your problems are here. I don't believe in any of the myths behind it, but I still celebrate it. If you don't have family on christmas to celebrate it, be it blood or be it close friends, then.. just.. sorry :S
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-12-24 at 06:54 PM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And christmas has nothing to do with jesus (being how its a stolen holiday by christians anyway), its got everything to do with home, family and just having a good time of it. If you can't enjoy that for just one day of the year.. I just feel sorry for ya :S
    It can be religious holiday, but it doesn't have to be. The point is that there are plenty of reasons people celebrate, and everyone celebrates it differently, so there's not really a point in determining "the one reason" for everyone to appreciate the holiday.

cba reading what you said i dont need to but if you dont believe in christmas, dont want to celebrate it then dont, doesnt mean you need to ruin it for people who do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    It can be religious holiday, but it doesn't have to be. The point is that there are plenty of reasons people celebrate, and everyone celebrates it differently, so there's not really a point in determining "the one reason" for everyone to appreciate the holiday.
    I think he's talking about the people who are like "WHO THE F CARES1111"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Oh, and that manager took a vacation the entire week of the 25th. I wanted to eat a bowl of cereal out of the back of her skull. To make matters worse all employees Holiday pay was denied that year due to the economy reasons. She then went on about what she got her husband with her management bonus. Merry Fucking Christmas.
    That pisses me off. It's fucking stupid when the big earners get MORE money as the small ones get nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    http://www.rainymood.com/watch?v=0WNCBPdetG4

This is for you, OP. Relax.

Christmas is awesome. Go take some antidepressants and be merry.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah. My parents bought me some running clothes, which is nice. My girlfriend and I don't exchange gifts, we just go buy some goodies together. I don't do gifts with anyone else. These are social norms that I think are best shrugged off.
    Absolutely. Any gifts we do exchange are usually handmade things. Things that the people giving them do as a hobby anyway. Like, my mother makes jewelry as a hobby. So she gives a piece to the women in the family.

I do give a couple small things to my girlfriend, just because. But they're always consumable things. Bottle of wine and some nice cheese, let's hang out, drink and eat it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    My girlfriend arrives back to town tomorrow. I'm expecting basically the merriest of Christmases.
    Have a good one dude!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    There's always suicide.
    On behalf of all those who lose someone to suicide this Christmas, you should maybe at this moment realize you're really, really out of line.
    And a total douchebag. Merry christmas you sad excuse for a human.

OT: OP, I get it, it's sucked, and not just a little.
    But you DO have a fiance, and maybe one day you are going to have kids?
    Then it gets the great refresh, because it's not about your views and experiences then, it becomes 'making sure they get a better crack at it than you have had'.
    And that ain't all bad. In fact I'd say it got WAY more interesting.
    Hang in there, I'm pulling for you.
    /rum and eggnog /power bro fist /super man-hug well-wish
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's not overrated. If you don't like it FINE but don't dumb down on others.
    Because it's normal when you have 6 year olds asking for a bunch of expensive shit, branded clothes (1 pair of pants for 120 euro bla bla) and iPads. I see what you mean - I bet they appreciate the whole family festivity and THAT'S why they are "celebrating" it, right....?
    People fighting each other in stores (I've even started to see that here) over a crappy made in china product because it's 20% off.
    These are the types that makes "Christmas" extremely overrated, and now it's just there to make people more greedy and to feed more of the massive companies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I absolutely agree with you. We find out own ways of celebrating such things since its such a mixed bag, it can have meaning to so many for that reason. Be it faith or celebration or family and friends.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    Because it's normal when you have 6 year olds asking for a bunch of expensive shit, branded clothes (1 pair of pants for 120 euro bla bla) and iPads. I see what you mean - I bet they appreciate the whole family festivity and THAT'S why they are "celebrating" it, right....?
    People fighting each other in stores (I've even started to see that here) over a crappy made in china product because it's 20% off.
    These are the types that makes "Christmas" extremely overrated, and now it's just there to make people more greedy and to feed more of the massive companies.
    What does 6 year olds have anything to do with it. Dude leave people fucking alone. You don't have to do shit with the holidays. Don't hate on others who be hostile with those that do. Settle down tiger. I don't like Easter but I don't get hostile on people that enjoy it. So kindly CALM THE FUCK DOWN.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    either you had some poor christmas's as a child or you simply forgot the joy you felt as a kid in going down on christmas morning to see what santa left you.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, you hate christmas, your a complete scrooge, and thats fine if thats what you need to do. Just means more things those of us can do the celebrate it.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't wait to grab a bucket of popcorn and go on Twitter tomorrow morning

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    either you had some poor christmas's as a child or you simply forgot the joy you felt as a kid in going down on christmas morning to see what santa left you.
    I had an awesome christmas every year when I was a kid, I was taught not to be a greedy little SoB and I luckily only got things I actually needed, but thanks for your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    What does 6 year olds have anything to do with it. Dude leave people fucking alone. You don't have to do shit with the holidays. Don't hate on others who be hostile with those that do. Settle down tiger. I don't like Easter but I don't get hostile on people that enjoy it. So kindly CALM THE FUCK DOWN.
    I am very calm, and it has absolutely nothing to do with hostility - I'm pointing out a fact to you sorry to burst your bubble.

boo hoo, your life sucks, deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

Deleted
    tomorrow is shit cos it never arrives. you wait for tomorrow you go bed you wake up and tomorrow is still tomorrow like wtf.. today tomorrow will be yesterday, but yesterday tomorrow is today like..

xmas is awesome dude, go stamp on someone elses head in a store now you all growed up n bigger like, go kick that kid in the face for grabbing your moshi monster ;p
    I love going out with my mate on xmas eve just to piss people off, go for few beers and then walk around with an empty trolleys real slow, we stand by things on purpose and get in peoples way the best in finding something that'd the last on the shelf and wait by it until someone goes to grab it then grab it quick then if they fukk off moaning put it back and wait for the next crazy shopper motherfukker to grab for it and grab it again.. awesome fun to be had..

to all you crazy cunt manic depressant shoppers out there CHILL ffs think of ya blood pressure like.

Happy Christmas fuckers

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate every greedy, selfish thing it stands for.
    Stop being retarded. The day everyone I know gives gifts to everyone else I know is not greedy nor selfish.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Consumer holiday where all the big companies make huge profits and liquidate their inventory. It's so sad that a lot of families only get together on this day and some don't even meet. Western society has become very selfish and most individuals only care about themselves.