10+ Year Old Account

Are there Christians who believe in science and will embrace gay people?

My church would probably frown upon me if they knew I wrote this. But we dont do "excommunication" so im okay. Honestly it WOULD affect me greatly if they would cut me off. The relationships I've developed there over the past 10 years are just amazing. Really good people with a smidge of stupidity.

I have gay friends. Plenty of them. A few of them have asked if they could come to church. I gladly walk in with them. A church friend of mine is telling me that im frustrating the pastors and the council. But they wont get rid of me. Not sure if its because I run a few Theology classes. Or is it because I single handedly organized the food drive we do every week. But I myself am getting frustrated.

I remember I was having a Nintendo Wii dance party at my house. Only 9 people showed up but hey more food for us. A friend of mine brought her gay friend and I seen someone standing outside looking in. And my friend tells me "Hey i brought someone shes standing outside and she wants to talk to you" so I head on outside and I meet her. Lets call her "M". I ask M what shes doing outside and she replies "Hi, well you see im gay and im not sure if you were gonna let me in but I just wanted you to know" I just told her nobody has to announce their sexual orientation to me. Its not my business. I hug her and welcome her and she goes inside and has a blast.

Okay so im thinking, what in the HELL did this girl go through to have to announce herself this way?????

The pastors wife(who isn't really a pastor herself) tries to put up these restrictions on the food we give. "They have to sit through the service to receive food." she tells me... But I dont listen. They dont have to come inside the church to take food home to their family, for me IT IS NOT a requirement(for me) or for the Christ I believe in. I have defied her so many times, my fiancee has told me im being insubordinate. That there's this "chain of command" I must follow. I fear I will be let go soon. I can see the frustration in her face when she tries to talk to me but doesn't because she knows what i'll say.

Im not the most perfect person in the world. I have major flaws. I have a semi short fuse with things like this. Im very tolerant of a lot of things but not this; this is what I define as STUPIDITY.

Now some Christians here(if you exist) are gonna probably and most likely disagree. Go ahead and tell me. I've heard it all. YOU DONT LOVE GOD, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT BEING CHRISTIAN IS, THE DEVIL IS TEMPTING YOU. I've heard it ALL so please fire away.

Do Christians recommend medicine before prayer? I do. I recommend you go to a doctor while I pray for you. My faith is very strong, nobody will take my bond away from God, however, I wont pray for your bacterial infection to go away when I can just drive you to grab some antibiotics.

I just want to know, are there any like minded Christians like me out there?

Deleted
    My ex boyfriend

Deleted
    My current boyfriend, his catholic family accept us too.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow discussion of religion or sexuality outside of a major current event.