Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    The other side of this is simple:
    The egomaniac who just jumps in, starts pulling by themselves and nuking in order to 'speed things up' makes the tank and healer work like sweating eejits; a run that could have been relaxed and speedy now turns into a stressfest because of that one loose cannon. Furthermore, the egomaniac playstyle is a huge and total 'fuck you' to anyone else who wants to play their part.

It's nice that you can solo the dungeon, but you should realize that you are not alone. You don't only need to mind yourself. There are other people in the group with you, who want to play the game themselves, do their part, and who are at risk because of your egotripping.

It doesn't really matter, no. But since it's a complete and total 'fuck you, I'm the king, bitches!' I can't help but hate your fucking guts for doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's very easy to for most classes between 40-70. L2P issues really.

And simply put, LFD rewards you with more exp than soloing them due to end bonus + group bonus if your group is even partially awake. This means that blizzard is incentivizing people who don't need a group, to go in anyway.

If I queue for a dungeon I go int to get it done. If the tank isn't pulling I will happily clear the instance myself with whichever 1-3 others feel like completing it too. If you run ahead and pull I will help you with your packs. If you don't I will continue to pull until we're done.

"QQ but how will they learn?" - well, they were never going to learn anything from these dungeons anyway. Most healers are a single spell impossible to oom spec pre-70, and most tanks are to be so OP you can solo orange dungeons with no looms.
    Even with the "incentive", I often find it's not worth dealing with people.

I commented earlier on my complaints as a tank.... this time around, I was queuing as a healer (needed just one level for the next zone of quests). I'm seeing a lot of tanks of the mindset I've seen in this thread; go as fast as possible, and damn the consequences, I'm obviously capable of doing whatever the hell I want.

Of course, this leads to situations like what happened earlier today: tank in full heirlooms, in Stratholme-Service Gate. First open area after the gates, with all the ghouls/banshees/nerubians running around... he pulls the entire first area. At least 20 mobs... and of course, the nerubians there can silence, and they proceed to silence me for 4 seconds. In that 4 seconds, the mobs cut through the tanks PW:S I had cast prior to the silence, kill him, and proceed to kill one of our dps. Happily, the tank learned his lesson and.... oh, wait, nevermind, he did the exact same thing again.

So my wife and I went back to doing what we always do, doing the dungeons just the 2 of us; rogue + disc priest works just fine, and we do enough damage to keep a decent clear speed... still faster than questing atm, especially since CRZ means that there's constant competition for quest targets (I feel like the same people who say that speed is everything in dungeons are the same people who say CRZ is a good thing, despite the fact that CRZ's only real effect is to slow down the average rate of progression for players in the zone...)

I do mostly do dungeons solo despite the slower levelling as a break from questing also, yes.

I also feel CRZ is absolutely terrible and a lot of the quests aren't made for the amount of people you face. It makes questing extremely tedious (worse than expansion launches by a long way)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    DKs/hunters/mages/locks and anyone else who has decent self heals/good at kiting with full heirlooms could probably solo mobs in pre cata dungeons. Don't bitch about, just go with it. They're basically giving you a faster run, you should thank them.
    Well, when I level those classes, I just go there and solo the dungeon, since it's a lot more xp. The time spent travelling is well worth the extra xp.

So....I feel like the people "soloing" in leveling LFD are just trying to prove how fucking awesome they are, and that's an automatic "this guy is an idiot" for most adults. If they were worried about "faster xp", just solo the dungeons: it's really fast xp if you can do it. I know that you're just in LFD to show off, and that's great, I'm in LFR because rogue/priest suck while levelling and I'm just trying to get the quests done to speed things up. Yes, you're speeding things up (I guess, because one guy killing 30 mobs is as fast as 5 guys killing 30 mobs, but whatever), but you're also being a jackass.

It's like coming to my house, kicking the doors in, eating all my chips, shitting on the rug, and then cleaning my garage. Your cries of "but you profited from it, I cleaned your garage!!!" fall on deaf ears.

It's OK if the DPS manages to CC/control the pack that he's pulling so the healer won't get aggro, in most cases though the player in question can't and THAT makes it an issue for the rest of the group as a tank only has so many gap closers/AoE taunts.

I have no problems with my current prot war because of TC, shock wave and double charges, but then I've been playing warriors since classic. I'd imagine it might be frustrating for someone less familiar with the game tho'.

Anyways, due to how they have made tanks do like 2-3 times the amount of damage of the DPS classes in the lowbie dungeons I'd venture that it makes faster clears to let the tank gather up the mobs.

Currently leveling a brewmaster monk with full looms and best scaling enchants. I could easily solo most dungeons, but I choose to group for speed, I continuously find heirloom using fps thinking they can pull, or start to dps as I pull ~6 packs of mobs, they wind up dead 70% of the time, and it slows us down.

Yea they have better dps and survivability, but they are not invincible and end up slowing us down.

If most heirloomed people let the tank make a decent pull and then all out dps most dungeons would go 100% faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Foorun View Post
    If most heirloomed people let the tank make a decent pull and then all out dps most dungeons would go 100% faster.
    No they wouldn't. I find most players are simply slower paced than me. I can't quest with people either for the same reason (like.. anyone I play with)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Is this post serious? So you should get healed for going full yolo in a dungeon pulling trash by yourself? I wish I was that healer, I would never heal you, hope you die and not have any on my team rez you and make you run back. Yes, I understand low level dungeons are a joke and you can run in and go crazy with really no consequences but having people like you just makes the experience worst.

On my other rant, I wish Blizz would beef up low levels to make them a little challenging and maybe people might learn from them when they hit max. Now to be honest, most people are almost all full heirloom and they just want to rip through these fast and level. On the other hand if I try to tank or maybe heal its frustrating watching spoiled brats, who don't respect the group going off and thinking they are actually good by pulling mobs, sometimes showing up tank (you know, tank is too slow @ pulling) and acting if that person is the only one here.

Edit: Yeah agree with most posts. The people who just pull mobs w/o tank or heals are egomaniacs or the "look at me" people who think we should be amazed they are doing this in super nerfed dungeons and pretty much everybody geared.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2014-01-03 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Is this post serious? So you should get healed for going full yolo in a dungeon pulling trash by yourself? I wish I was that healer, I would never heal you, hope you die and not have any on my team rez you and make you run back. Yes, I understand low level dungeons are a joke and you can run in and go crazy with really no consequences but having people like you just makes the experience worst.
    Cool strawman, kid. Come back when you can make an argument against something that was actually said and not words you imagined. So see you half past never.

Quote Originally Posted by NickV View Post
    People will always bitch about something. It's human nature. During LK, I would queue as heals in Ele spec. Not only would no one die, but I'd top the DPS meters. Is this just a brag? Unfortunately not. I'd get people complaining all the time. "Whaa.. why aren't you in resto spec?"

When you close your eyes and reach into a bowl full of mixed nuts, sometimes you won't get a cashew. Sometimes you'll even get a Brazil nut. Either enjoy it, choke it down, or toss it in the garbage. Just don't bitch about it. If you can't handle any of those three, then stop closing your damn eyes.
    I Loled

10char

- - - Updated - - -

Its a mindset thing. Some people just like to complain about others and some people like to be dicks.

575 I can easily solo all heroics, thought I still let the tank lead, unless he bitches about be ripping agro and refuses to tank, then i'll just continue on. Doesn't happen often because I show the respect to let the tank pull, even if its only for formalities.

If I am tanking and a DPS is pulling, i'll let them know i'm a tank that will pull large and fast, if they let me. If they continue to pull, no complaining, i'll do my best to taunt the adds and pull ahead of him since its my job.

If I am healing, I don't care who is pulling, you get my heals.. its my job.

Another person would complain about all 3 scenarios and refuse to participate or leave.