I feel like I'm missing something with Fury

My warrior's average ilvl is 531. I've got two 548 weapons. Crit about 28-29% unbuffed.

I just last week got a second weapon so I thought I'd give fury a try, and at best it's equal to what I did as arms. 170-180k on a pure single target, Malkorok for example. And obviously when AoE gets involved fury gets left wayyyyy behind. I don't have the cloak, if that matters at all.

So anyway, it seems like everyone is rolling fury with SOO gear but I'm just not seeing it. I feel like I would want at minimum 35% unbuffed crit to play fury and get consistent results. But I'd like to hear some other thoughts out there.

15+ Year Old Account
    The cloak is a massive DPS boost, even on single target fights. As a Ret paladin it's about 7% of my damage on Single Target, probably about the same (if not more as you dual wield) for Fury.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

True, but that would be the same regardless of spec right?

I feel we'd need some logs to tell what you are doing. In my case, I have the gear/weapons to do both AND the simmed difference between my specs is 9k in favor of TG Fury, which is a rather small gap, but a gap nonetheless.

I'm willing to bet a huge reason for your situation will be because of Enrage uptimes, whether due to bad RNG or other, usable reasons.

I definitely have terrible luck with BT crits, hah. One reason I keep going back to arms, I'll always get a few strings of 5-7 BT's in a row that don't crit and my dps just plummets to the nether regions. I feel a lot more in control of my dps as arms, maybe if I ever get more full gear I'll try fury again. Just doesn't seem worth it unless you have really, really great gear.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose a better question. I did LFR Malkorok a few times yesterday to try and get a solid feel.

Fury: 180-195k
    Arms: 185-205k

So for an ilvl of 531, have meta, no cloak, no flask. Does that sound like I'm performing properly? And I'll continue to toy with fury as my gear improves if so.

Not exactly sure what your doing but there's a few things to remember:

1) Arms is a faceroll playstyle; as long as you hit CS and fill GCD's your pretty much golden.
    2) Fury by contrast, is very finicky. Played correctly, you will see big returns and high damage, played sloppily and you will see very low damage.

25-30% Crit is enough to play Fury, especially with Storm Bolt simplifying the rotation and 45% Mastery is actually real good. 99% of the time, low damage comes from players not understanding Fury's CS phase well enough to do effective damage. I don't know if that applies to you or not, I would encourage you to read through the Fury guide stickied at the top to be sure.
    Also, Arms is not bad, especially at the lower levels and for things like LFR. Because its a very forgiving rotation, it is perfectly suited to LFR and less progressed raids that have a tendency to "go to shit"; so you don't find yourself losing your precious Fury CS phases because of bad movement or positioning.

Indeed, thanks for the reply.

I was actually making a really dumb mistake in my CS rotation after reading that post. Helped quite a bit, with most fights having adds/aoe still feels like arms is the better spec to play as right now for lolnumbers. But I feel a lot better playing fury now, thanks.