10+ Year Old Account

Affliction's 2nd Opener

I've been conflicted on this for some time now and wanted to get some feedback from the Warlock community.

2nd opener - 2nd time you would use Dark Soul when using Darkness talent. Most people say to wait for the 2nd go round on trinkets, but would the last few ticks of bloodlust + DS benefit more than using DS ONLY when your 2nd go round of trinkets come up.

Deleted
    I prefer to use the second charge in execute along with a BBoY proc. No maths to back it up but my gut instinct says 20kish int proc plus 30% haste is better than 60% haste.

Also faster drain soul and corruption means even more shards for even more haunts.

I guess I like to finish strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, IDK about that tbh, Drain Soul, doesn't tick that hard tbh and you're usually spamming haunts in execute anyways which haste doesn't benefit all that much from haunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    I've been conflicted on this for some time now and wanted to get some feedback from the Warlock community.

2nd opener - 2nd time you would use Dark Soul when using Darkness talent. Most people say to wait for the 2nd go round on trinkets, but would the last few ticks of bloodlust + DS benefit more than using DS ONLY when your 2nd go round of trinkets come up.
    The massive intellect procs you get from trinkets like Black Blood are way more powerful for your dots than the haste from bloodlust...usually. This obviously depends on the fight, but I'd agree with the "save the second DS for the second round of trinket procs" on almost every fight.
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

Deleted
    I meant the extra haste means faster drain soul ticks which equals more haunt spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    The massive intellect procs you get from trinkets like Black Blood are way more powerful for your dots than the haste from bloodlust...usually. This obviously depends on the fight, but I'd agree with the "save the second DS for the second round of trinket procs" on almost every fight.
    Yeah that's what I'm doing already, I still think I'm SBSS'ing too much.