Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    I was responding to an idiot making idiotic statements, so it was only appropriate to call him an idiot.
    Well yeah.. I can see how idiot is offensive though but what about calling someone stubborn, obstinate, annoying? Yes, these can result in infraction for flaming or trolling too. It's not hard to follow the common sense rules here but how can anyone avoid infractions for things like that.. well other than only saying nice things and compliments all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Ive seen it happen far too many times when obvious vulgar language, name calling, bashing gets a free pass and then all of a sudden if someone disagrees with a popular opinion they get an infraction for calling someone stubborn, arrogant, stuck up etc. or saying something mildly sarcastic.
    If you see anyone posting something that is flaming or against the rules, report it. As much as we'd like to, we can't see every single possible post. Post reports are the quickest way to let us know when someone is derailing a thread or flaming another poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Another possible solution to this might be peer preview for breaking smaller rules. Mods are people too and make mistakes and they can get worked up and try to find reasons to pass out infractions and bans to people they disagree with or dont exactly like so another mods confirmation that the offense was actually infraction-worthy might make a lot of difference and avoid lots of problems later.

Otherwise, Im not really sure whats allowed or not. At least the rules don't say anything about sarcasm or having a different opinion than a mod.
    That's not true. We don't infract for different opinions; I'm forever posting opinions that people don't agree with and replying to other people with whom I don't agree.

As always, if you feel that an infraction should be reviewed, contact a global moderator. Considering your last infraction was reversed and your ban lifted, there is no reason not to. Threads like this serve no purpose other than a place for people to bash moderators.