Poll: Should Blizzard be more proactive in dealing with toxic behavior?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolplayer View Post
    Ultimately you play the game at your own peril. If players are insulting you, then you can either insult them right back, or grow some thicker skin and realize that there is practically nothing an anonymous person on the internet can do to you.
    Why did you make me the subject of your response and not the players who engage in the harassment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because those players are probably unable to be helped. They are immature and that's just something we have to accept, but don't sink to their level or let them get you down because that's exactly what they want. Best thing to do is just ignore toxic players.
    Certainly. But the game would be a lot better without having to make that effort, which I think is what the thread is about. I'm just not sure what, if anything, Blizzard could do about it without risking damaging financial consequences.

Deleted
    Only real way to improve peoples gaming experience is removing the players ability to harass others ingame, not bans.

Deleted
    Yes. One thing Arenanet did right with GW2 was to enforce their policies regarding harrassment and name calling. I'm an adult and can laugh off most name calling, but some people really have got it coming and deserve to be suspended or banned.

Yes...yes, and yes! I think toxic/purposeful griefing behaviour needs to be addressed. Its way too rampant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzer View Post
    Really? Who cares. Not to make a controversial post but... I think there are more important things besides this... Can't get the presents for example? Try again later or ask them to move. People were mounted and all over them when I went to collect my presents from Santa and it took me an extra 5 minutes maybe...

Blizzard implemented language filters and ignore buttons for use on things... such as Toxic players... so use it.

I think people complaining irritates me more than the 'toxic' players itself. What ever happened to playing a game for fun... I guess I am just from the old days where if you complained you got punished just as much as the person causing the problem.

~Spazzer
    The language filter is a extra precaution. Swear still is a violation of their rules

- - - Updated - - -

It takes no effort to ignore toxic players at all. Click the player then click ignore done. Why complain about toxic players when we all have a choice to mute them permanently? These players know nothing about you and have no idea who you are in real life, so why take offence to whatever they say? Besides just realizing that toxic players say mean things probably because they have insecurity issues is enough for me to not take what they say seriously.
    Ignoring the problem does not make it go away, Ignoring a bully makes them think their behavior is fine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They already have a report button....we don't need recess monitors.
    The report buttion now is useless. Takes X reports to trigger anything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meggle View Post
    Yes...yes, and yes! I think toxic/purposeful griefing behaviour needs to be addressed. Its way too rampant.
    Very true.

Blizzard has taken steps to reduce some of the toxic behavior.

They've taken steps when you leave dungeons early or kick too many all at once, however Blizzard has not been able to address vulgar language and harassment placed on other players other than a mature language filter.
    Jagex has been the bane of player harassment since the dawn of Runescape, and they work on much less budget than Blizzard. How Blizzard can't do the same is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

We have a report button, ignore option, and a language filter. Blizz is addressing "toxic" behavior. We don't need supervision from them.
    Report does work sometimes, people really just make new alts to continue harassing players. We need an ignore account button, not just that player's toon.

play on a dead RP realm with no CRZ.

- - - Updated - - -

the presents issue in ironforge is ridiculous if only because they've had collision on npcs since the tbc arena queuing days. not to mention the very first quest to pandaria on the ships. lazy asses can't update presents years later
    POWERED BY THE RED RAGE OF OUR CUSTOMERS, THIS IRON STEED WILL VALIANTLY LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE FOR THE ONLY FEW WEEKS YOU WILL USE IT. TAKES ONLY $30 AND YOUR SOUL TO ENJOY THE MOUNT EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS. BUY NOOOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't? My girlfriend got a 3-day ban last year at for simply going up and opening the presents under the tree while on a Mammoth mount.

If someone makes a new toon to harass you, report again, and then click ignore. Problem solved.
    Pretty much doesn't work for BG afk bots (seen some been doing it for months), or people purposely blocking your view for presents or fishing bobbers

And I can't ignore said persons and continue with my business in the case of fishing

Deleted
    Besides deleting 30% what can Blizzard do. A game with 7 million people is going to collect jerks

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Besides deleting 30% what can Blizzard do. A game with 7 million people is going to collect jerks
    best part is a lot of WoW players bothered by this don't know just how good they have it, the monthly access fee keeps a lot of really toxic behavior on free to play games, where the fear of getting banned is almost non existent due to people just creating another account. a lot of those games refuse to ip ban
    POWERED BY THE RED RAGE OF OUR CUSTOMERS, THIS IRON STEED WILL VALIANTLY LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE FOR THE ONLY FEW WEEKS YOU WILL USE IT. TAKES ONLY $30 AND YOUR SOUL TO ENJOY THE MOUNT EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS. BUY NOOOW.

Deleted
    The problem is 7+ million individual players cannot be babysat by a few hundred employees.

no, they should not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    best part is a lot of WoW players bothered by this don't know just how good they have it, the monthly access fee keeps a lot of really toxic behavior on free to play games, where the fear of getting banned is almost non existent due to people just creating another account. a lot of those games refuse to ip ban
    They also don't realize toxic players actually bring in millions of $ thus contribute to development

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabi View Post
    No, people need to learn how to deal with other people. Blizzard isn't your nanny and shouldn't have to shield you from mean or stupid people. It's a social game, dealing with assholes is part of being social.
    This may be true with free mmos, but not one that people pay for.

If you go out to eat, is it your responsibility to kick out the assholes shouting obscenities next to someone's kids? No the management takes care of it because you're all paying to enjoy yourselves within the confines and rules of that establishment.

If someone cuts to the head of a line getting in to a bar or club, is it your responsibility to throw the guy in the street? No, a bouncer is hired to take care of that.

If someone hits your car on a public road, do you get out with a gun and demand that they pay for the damages? No, law enforcement and insurance companies handle that because we all pay to drive on public roads.

If some shitty kid steals your kid's lunch at school, should the staff just tell him "Oh well, learn to deal with it. Go take Aikido or something."

etc. etc.

A paid subscription to play in an environment with rules requires the same type of action, by the provider not the player(payer).

You may be the type to take situations in to your own hands and speak up (I am too), but ultimately it leads to punishment on both sides. Which is why there needs to be moderation in all of these situations. Without it there would be chaos.
    Last edited by Transmigration; 2013-12-27 at 05:07 PM.

Does the technology to phase out anyone you put on your ignore list exist? that'd be amusing, ignore everyone on your screen and they disappear, extend the ignore list to infinite and these people can play the single player rpg they've always dreamed about

Deleted
    Solution: Blizzard spends millions on hiring 100s of GMs to moderate EVERY server 24/7
    Reaction: People QQ about lack of content and dropping subs

Deleted
    NO they shouldnt - Blizzard is a GAME company and not to solve first world problems

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    A couple temporary bans with the threat of an indefinite ban will usually chill people out. It's amazing how important logging in to world of warcraft is to these people. Especially with miserable people that thrive on irritating others. They usually do it because they have nothing else to live for.