Poll: Should Blizzard be more proactive in dealing with toxic behavior?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra6 View Post
    A couple temporary bans with the threat of an indefinite ban will usually chill people out. It's amazing how important logging in to world of warcraft is to these people. Especially with miserable people that thrive on irritating others. They usually do it because they have nothing else to live for.
    Except new toxic players will occur - unfortunately it's human nature that with growth comes a % of arses too. Incidentally toxic players have lowered since 2009

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Except new toxic players will occur - unfortunately it's human nature that with growth comes a % of arses too. Incidentally toxic players have lowered since 2009
    Well then, let's just kick them all in to a giant chasm Sparta style.

A final bastion of people with morals vs. an army of thousands of trolls and assholes.

Deleted

A final bastion of people with morals vs. an army of thousands of trolls and assholes.
    They could BUT that would create mass sub drops, loss of income, less funds towards development

I'm in if we get cool armor and weapons and a couple kick ass fight scenes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    The issue is deciding who is right: The guy hovering on his proto drake or the guy refusing to zoom in to loot?
    That's not really toxic. I'm refering to people who are verbally abusive towards others or abusive through their behaviour (excepting pvp ofcourse, but plenty of ways to troll your own faction).

Besides, most of the guys blocking stuff aren't even trolls, they're just fucking stupid and don't even realise what they're doing.
    Last edited by mmocb2f003828d; 2013-12-27 at 06:16 PM.

A couple temporary bans with the threat of an indefinite ban will usually chill people out. It's amazing how important logging in to world of warcraft is to these people. Especially with miserable people that thrive on irritating others. They usually do it because they have nothing else to live for.
    punishment for bad behavior isn't nearly as effective as an incentive for good behavior.

whenever people hearken back to the nostalgiac 'glory days' of vanilla and BC, what i remember most about the 'great' community, is that you NEEDED to behave yourself, or else those people you needed in the future for group quests, daily dungeons, RAIDS.... just wouldn't be there if you were a random !@#$.

*if* the can continue with the heroic scenario philosophy and provide a more 'challenging' experience that requires premades (crossrealm or otherwise) for a more efficient experience, while STILL providing the casual 'queue solo if ya like' experience for the more casuals, I think this may be efficient in depleting the supply of toxic players.

at least once they start realizing that the people they alienate today, are the ones not helping them valor cap tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    whenever people hearken back to the nostalgiac 'glory days' of vanilla and BC, what i remember most about the 'great' community, is that you NEEDED to behave yourself, or else those people you needed in the future for group quests, daily dungeons, RAIDS.... just wouldn't be there if you were a random !@#$.
    I beg to differ on this. It's pretty much the same way it's always been, people don't care if you're a complete ass as long as you are good at what you're doing. Most people would rather have a tank who can carry them or somebody who can break the meters on DPS as opposed to somebody who isn't really very good at the game, but is a wonderful person to be around. In fact, if you're doing top DPS, you can pretty much be as much of a toxic hate spewer as you want and everybody will just agree with you and lol in party chat.

This however...
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    punishment for bad behavior isn't nearly as effective as an incentive for good behavior.
    ...is very, very true. But as it stands now, unfortunately, there isn't any way to incentivize good behavior that wouldn't somehow be exploited by people who would just carry on being hateful Henrys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabi View Post
    No, people need to learn how to deal with other people. Blizzard isn't your nanny and shouldn't have to shield you from mean or stupid people. It's a social game, dealing with assholes is part of being social.
    It's not like real life though.

In real life if some bellend keeps blocking my way or getting in my way and won't listen to reason then I can knock him out and carry on with what I was doing.

In WoW if some dickhead won't move with his mount off the quest giver or item I need to pick up then no matter what I do I can't force him to move, no matter how much I ask nicely or shout at him

In the winter veil gift example, all that needs to be done is add a barrier or collision detection to the tree/boxes to make them clickable. I mean Blizz ought to design these things with abuse in mind, cause it's going to happen if it can. As far as policing player behavior, I'm really skeptical that Blizz would be successful if they tried. Preventing abuse where possible is a more realistic goal.

As far as policing player behavior, I'm really skeptical that Blizz would be successful if they tried. Preventing abuse where possible is a more realistic goal."
    I agree with this. I would like Blizzard to do more to make abuse harder to pull off, and to do more to at least police some of the more obvious griefers.

Deleted
    People need to stop there friends from doing stuff, Blizz can only do so much, if you friends bots/griefs/ninjas/whatever... let them know its not cool to do.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    They also don't realize toxic players actually bring in millions of $ thus contribute to development
    Just like it takes many good meals for a restaurant to develop a good reputation and only one bad one to stop a regular from ever coming again, it only takes one toxic player to make many other players who just want fun and a little civilized excitement to start looking for another game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanthos View Post
    People need to stop there friends from doing stuff, Blizz can only do so much, if you friends bots/griefs/ninjas/whatever... let them know its not cool to do.
    There should be a bounty system, a "report-a-friend" where if you turn someone in for something that gets him permanently banned, you get some free in-game goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    There should be a bounty system, a "report-a-friend" where if you turn someone in for something that gets him permanently banned, you get some free in-game goodies.
    That sounds highly exploitable.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't think you read my post since I said that player tribunals wouldn't work. Just to be clear about that. Although your post is a decent example of what I was writing about when I wrote that the problem with them is that some people wouldn't bother to know anything about what they were passing judgement on. So thanks for that. I guess.
    That's why positive reports would work. It doesn't need reviewing by anyone, it just gets counted by bliz in the end. The only moderation it would need is flagging excessive checks from guildmates/friendlist players.