Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Shame that you need to install it, Im at parents house with not best connection. You should just be able to register somehow, then it wouldn't be steam crashes all over the place.
    Played l4dead on console and it was really fun, never tried the 2nd so should be fun to try

Deleted
    Seems to be back up. Just went straight to the page with no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's still slow as shit so it'll probably go down again any time now. Be quick

15+ Year Old Account
    EA = Nothing
    EA might be nothing, but those Humble Bundles aren't nothing. Bought a shitload of games worth €250 for just €5, and a large chunk of all that money earned is going to charity. That's certainly not nothing.

I'm also waiting. Watched the trailer and got really excited. Then I saw the gameplay and I went: "Meh". Still, free game! Me wants!
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Well I got to add the game to my library, but it isn't downloaded, should be enough right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well I got to add the game to my library, but it isn't downloaded, should be enough right?
    from what I read you need to have it downloaded before the offer expires.
    would imagine partly downloaded would do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Its not even an amazing zombie game, Iv never understood peoples crazyness for this game. It mearly plays like a poor zombie mod for CS.
    It is amazing because of the coop play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Store pages are working now, but you still can't buy anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    its been downloading for a good two hours now and it still says one to go :/

yay server overload!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Hardly, GoG gave out 2 excellent games for free, none of which require DRM of bloatware.
    That's the first time I've ever heard Steam referred to as bloatware. Not that I'm surprised -- there's always someone that complains about awesome stuff.

Also, I'm not seeing these 2 free games on GoG... link?
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-12-26 at 02:25 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    I played all of 5 minutes of the first L4D, didn't like it, never touched it again. I never would've known about Steam giving this away if I hadn't seen this thread lol. Nabbed it, even if I won't ever play it, it's one more game for my growing list!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

go to it through the steam client, works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    That's the first time I've ever heard Steam referred to as bloatware. Not that I'm surprised -- there's always someone that complains about awesome stuff.

Probably games from at least 15-20 years ago.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I know when I signed up for GoG I got like, 7 old games for free. Then there was the recent free gift to all GoG members (even those who just signed up) of Fallout 1/2/Tactics.

GoG is pretty cool.

Yeah there are a number of free games on GOG for any account, but some like Fallout or a previously offered Duke Nukem 3d are limited time offers.
    Like the current offer from steam, you just need to add it to your account and can download later.

Many of them might be old, but DRM Free is increasingly popular.
    They do sell some fairly recent games, but they don't tend to be up for free, only reduced occasionally.

I had no trouble with steam today, only finding out about the offer a few hours ago.
    Started client, searched and found store page and then simply added to account.
    Maybe a regional issue.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-12-26 at 06:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I am not as I have no interest in getting L4D2 at all I didn't like the first one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Probably games from at least 15-20 years ago.
    They've gifted Torchlight I - Fallout 1-2-Tactics, pls.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    They've gifted Torchlight I - Fallout 1-2-Tactics, pls.
    Ok, granted the 15-20 years was an exaggeration, Fallout came out in 97. gog has a lot of really old titles, which isn't bad.

I don't really get the steam hate. Bloatware? DRM? Ok it's not really all that heavy of a program. I don't feel like it causes me any performance issues. And drm free? I feel like people get a hard on for DRM free just because it's the trendy thing to do. Sure steam is essentially DRM, but it's not like we are talking about Starforce where the drm literally breaks your hardware.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Thank you so much mate! Almost missed it..

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Ok, granted the 15-20 years was an exaggeration, Fallout came out in 97. gog has a lot of really old titles, which isn't bad.

I don't really get the steam hate. Bloatware? DRM? Ok it's not really all that heavy of a program. I don't feel like it causes me any performance issues. And drm free? I feel like people get a hard on for DRM free just because it's the trendy thing to do. Sure steam is essentially DRM, but it's not like we are talking about Starforce where the drm literally breaks your hardware.

I agree that starforce was somewhat bad, but there was never any proof of it breaking hardware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarForce
    Some gamers have advocated boycotts of games or publishers known to use StarForce.[20] These gamers claim that StarForce software causes system instability and crashes, and that Protection Technology refuses to address the damage their software causes. In 2006, a $5 million lawsuit was filed against Ubisoft for using StarForce in their games on the allegations that StarForce compromises PC security,[21] slows down PCs, causes crashes and even damages optical drives.[22] However, the case was dropped two years later due to lack of evidence.[22]
    Ubisoft decided to investigate the extent of the StarForce boycott and ran a poll on their forums, the outcome of which was against the use of StarForce.[23] As a result (along with general discontent on the web[24][25]), in Heroes of Might and Magic V and GTR2, StarForce 3.0 was replaced by SecuROM.

Really the biggest issue with starforce was that it wouldn't allow games to run on a systems that had a virtual drive installed.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.