Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My setup is a I7-3770K and a GTX 780, so pretty similar to yours. I also run at windowed full-screen at 1920x1080 with two monitors plugged in at all time. All settings are maxed as high as possible (ultra shadows, SSAO high etc), and I am sitting at a steady 60 FPS even in 25-man raids (This is if I only have WoW open and unplug my second monitor).

Edit: Just reinstalled my driver yesterday btw, and I am seeing no difference in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    My setup is a I7-3770K and a GTX 780, so pretty similar to yours. I also run at windowed full-screen at 1920x1080 with two monitors plugged in at all time. All settings are maxed as high as possible (ultra shadows, SSAO high etc), and I am sitting at a steady 60 FPS even in 25-man raids (This is if I only have WoW open and unplug my second monitor).

Edit: Just reinstalled my driver yesterday btw, and I am seeing no difference in WoW.
    Yeah, I don't get it... What's your PSU's wattage? Did you adjust anything in your Nvidia Control Panel or Geforce Experience?

I was flying through Jade Forest farming, alone, and it was dropping to 32~ fps. Mind you, it fluctuates all over the place. In 25s it jumps to 60 just fine sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post

Yeah.. maybe in LFR when half the people are afk =/ Even a $1000 CPU wont be able to do that
    Last edited by Yizu; 2013-12-29 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Yeah.. maybe in LFR when half the people are afk =/ Even a $1000 CPU wont be able to do that
    i have several $1000 cpus, none hold 60 steady in 25 man raids on full ultra, even at 5Ghz

Deleted
    Hi there!

I have had a problem with my computer in world of warcraft. I run bf4 on full ultra no problems. But in world of warcraft i have some problems, in cities i run at 60fps all the time. I run fullscreen mode, everything on ultra except Shadows - low. In 25 man raids my FPS drop down to 30-40 once the fight starts... its very strange, its kind of hard to play with this and play my best because it hurts my gameplay quite alot. I tried setting all Settings on LOW but it doesnt change at all, it continues to drop to 25-40 FPS while raiding 25 man.

I just bought a new computer so thats mainly why i care so much. Would be very nice to get some hints.

ASUS Z87-DELUXE, Socket-1150
    MSI GeForce GTX 780 Gaming 3GB x 2 SLI
    Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 240GB
    Windows 8.1
    Intel Core i7-4770K
    Silver Power SP-S850M 850W

Thanks if you guys can give me some help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tungviktare View Post
    Hi there!

I have had a problem with my computer in world of warcraft. I run bf4 on full ultra no problems. But in world of warcraft i have some problems, in cities i run at 60fps all the time. I run fullscreen mode, everything on ultra except Shadows - low. In 25 man raids my FPS drop down to 30-40 once the fight starts... its very strange, its kind of hard to play with this and play my best because it hurts my gameplay quite alot. I tried setting all Settings on LOW but it doesnt change at all, it continues to drop to 25-40 FPS while raiding 25 man.
    !
    thats normal, overclocking will boost that number, but 30-40 is normal for stock clocks, not sure how it affects your gameplay though

Deleted
    What do you recommend then?
    I feel as spending so much cash on a computer, i feel as if I should be getting a smooth gameplay in world of warcraft 25 man raiding. I have a friend with almost the same setup, i think the MB is different and he is running smooth gameplay 25 man.
    Kind regards.
    Last edited by mmoc9970a1c410; 2014-01-04 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tungviktare View Post
    What do you recommend then?
    I feel as spending so much cash on a computer, i feel as if I should be getting a smooth gameplay in world of warcraft 25 man raiding. I have a friend with almost the same setup, i think the MB is different and he is running smooth gameplay 25 man.
    Kind regards.
    it doesn't matter how much you spend, an engine limitation is an engine limitation, you could play wow on a billion dollar super computer, you still won't be hitting 60 fps in 25 man raids with ultra level graphics and addons

Hey, I also recently purchased and installed a Gigabyte 770gtx 4gb OC.
    In some areas of SoO I get up to like 300fps, around pandaria i get like.. 70-140
    And in the main pandaren city(forgot name temporarily), i get downwards of 30fps.

All Settings Maxxed, i5 3570k cpu with turbo, sometimes even getting up to 4ghz probably because of my X.M.P motherboard setting.
    But yeah, same issue as you dude, fresh GPU, I have a feeling it's a problem on WoWs end.

Also, the GPU can play AC4 at Max Settings with minimal noticeable lag, which I believe is mainly TXAA's fault as even nvidias game optimizer suggests FXAA but that setting has alot of jaggies whilas TXAA has no noticable jaggies.
    Last edited by Daethz; 2014-01-04 at 10:23 PM.

Wow has damn near a decade old engine and the optimization really isn't that great. At a point the game's engine bottlenecks performance. It's just a fact of playing such an old game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    Wow has damn near a decade old engine and the optimization really isn't that great. At a point the game's engine bottlenecks performance. It's just a fact of playing such an old game.
    /sigh. Every. Single. Time, someone says this. How many times does it have to be repeated. The engine is NOT. OLD. Nor is it poorly optimized.

Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    I hope that dosent mean the new character models will lower the already low bottlenecked fps's.

And yeah, im sure the engine has had a plethora of updates, but they haven't seemed to fix bottlenecking issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    I hope that dosent mean the new character models will lower the already low bottlenecked fps's.
    The engines chokepoint is user interactions/calculations. The rending of models is done on the GPU, graphical fidelity is mostly a GPU task.

Turn shadows to the minimum setting. Shadows in wow for some reason kill fps.